6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Fuel Pressure Regulator Update Kit Install (Blue Spring)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI...... The kit without the new cover ( Ford#6E7Z-
9C165-B IH#1854267C94) Does NOT come with the new poppet valve for the air bleed..... Is this a real big issue or should I not be concerned... I bought the kit and all the instructions that I see have been done with the kit with the new cover, and the kit with the new cover has the new poppet valve.....

I don't think I have to worry but want to know for sure that I will be ok....Would hate to have to rip it all apart again..... as long as I dont remove that Air bleed valve it should be ok right???

Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts
I would think you would be ok. Before the kit was issued, some people were putting a bb under the old spring using the old seals. Thanks for the info! Im surprised no one has mentioned that before.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Ya I thought I was buying a botched kit when I got home..... Hopefully everything will be ok..... Going to be installing it this weekend!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ol-blu
FYI...... The kit without the new cover ( Ford#6E7Z-
9C165-B IH#1854267C94) Does NOT come with the new poppet valve for the air bleed..... Is this a real big issue or should I not be concerned... I bought the kit and all the instructions that I see have been done with the kit with the new cover, and the kit with the new cover has the new poppet valve.....

I don't think I have to worry but want to know for sure that I will be ok....Would hate to have to rip it all apart again..... as long as I dont remove that Air bleed valve it should be ok right???
The only problem is when you remove the old white air bleed, it tends to break like mine did, then you end up looking at a tiny piece of white plastic falling into the fuel bowl, but if it doesn't break you are fine

Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
So when I take the cover off leave the air bleed in the main section of the filter housing and Ill be ok???

Old 08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
No need to if you don't have a replacement.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
Just wanted to say thank you to the OP and everyone who contributed to this thread!!!
I just did the blue spring mod because I had a leak there at the cover and the pics and write up were a huge help in finding my problem and fixing my problem!!!
Thanks again!!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:18 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went to my local ford dealer ( Ed Kenley Ford ) here in Utah and asked them about the upgraded blue spring and the parts guys had no idea what i was talking about.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
If he didn't look it up for you, just jot down the part # and take it with you. That will get him on the right track.
I bought a couple of things the other day from the dealer and one was the grommet for the filter minder where it goes into the air filter housing. I had looked up the part# and had it with me. The regular parts guy wasn't there and the young girl at the counter put the # in the computer but it didn't bring the part up. I could see the screen and I'm sure she put the # in correctly. After a bunch of fiddling, she brought up an exploded view of the air filter assembly and I pointed out the part I needed. It wasn't in stock so she ordered it for me and when it came in, it had the part # on the package I had given her in the first place! I guess most databases that big have a few glitches in them.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
dieseldad55
New User
DieselDad55

FICM issue:
Batteries are OE Motorcraft, new last year. Cold V: 12.9v
FICM inspection: Key On Engine Off; 47.9v: Key On Engine Running, (cold engine); 19.4v.

Hence: Bad FICM !! I'll contact Ed today!!

Last edited by dieseldad55; 09-01-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: rewrite response
Old 09-01-2012, 03:05 PM
dieseldad55
New User
DieselDad55

What a GREAT thread. I got on to find info on my malfunctioning FICM, and I got all info I needed AND all this "extra" as well.
I will be looking into replacing my FPR with this "blue spring" update ASAP.

I am a computer idiot, can some one tell me how I can "save to my favorites" as mentioned earlier in this thread?
Thanks to all who contributed, this forum is awesome!!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
If you are on a Windows computer using Internet explorer, just click on the word favorites at the top of the screen. A drop Dow list will open and the first item at the top says "save as favorite". When you click that a box will open asking where you want to save at? If you just click save it will show up on the main list. There's a little check box that says "make new folder" put a check in the box and type in a name for the folder, I have one named automotive I keep all this stuff in but you can name it anything. When you want to find it later click favorite at the top of the screen scroll down to automotive (or what ever you named it) and click again. A list af any links you have saved will show up there.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Bruin008
Tuned
idk how popular this thread still is, but maybe since i replied it will go 2 the top and i can get a response. when i remove the fuel line from the regulator, does that allow air to get into the fuel system like it would when you run the vehicle out of diesel. if so, what is the process to get the vehicle started again and the air out of the fuel line.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 PM
draboo
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bruin008
idk how popular this thread still is, but maybe since i replied it will go 2 the top and i can get a response. when i remove the fuel line from the regulator, does that allow air to get into the fuel system like it would when you run the vehicle out of diesel. if so, what is the process to get the vehicle started again and the air out of the fuel line.
I ve done this mod. All I did was before I cranked it over, I cycled the key on and off maybe 6 times till the fuel pump did not engage any more. Then it started right up.

I used the same procedure when I changed the fuel filters.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruin008
The bleed is the little white part, no special steps after reassembly. Just cycle the key at least 3 times for it to bleed the air out.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Regulator Update Kit Install (Blue Spring)