6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Service expierence with a "new to me" dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Service expierence with a "new to me" dealer

So my first dealership service was very poor, and I let Ford know that in the survey. Which by the way, I never heard back from either Ford or the dealer.

Anyway, my local dealer doesn't work on anything bigger 250/350's. No dually are the bigger trucks.
Through the other forum I had Cory trying to make arrangements for me with the shudder issue.

Some of the dealers suggested I had no interest in, others were not interested in the whole "I'll bring my 18,000 pound trailer to the shop and drive it for the tech to feel the shudder". Too much hassle, so I have about given up on the shudder thing and am hoping either airbags or a suspension change will rectify i (thinking about Firestone R4).

I went to Tom's Ford in Keyport, NJ No problem not being the selling dealer, in fact, it was never asked.

14840 miles, 1 year old at the service date.
Items on the list were:
  • Coolant light on - check and reset Although I have the test strips and can certainly do this myself, I decided I will the dealer so it is on the service record, and give me a little piece of mind
  • Trans shifting and reverse delay TSB 11-7-10. I only have the occasional reverse delay.
  • Trans shudder - told them what was happening and said I might bring it back in the spring.
  • Rear outer wheels are oxidizing under the clear coat around the stems
  • Clunk in floorboard, was previously TSB'd in around March.
  • Re-program DTE. I brought in the detailed instructions posted here on FTE
  • Get price on extended warranty. I added this because they were advertising he Ford no interest plan for the coverage.
Very pleasant at the desk and they have a separate writer for commercial-big trucks.
  • Coolant checked and reset - no charge
  • PCM was re-programmed per the TSB with the disclaimer that they couldn't duplicate the issue. I'm good with that.
  • Pictures were taken of the wheels, emailed to Ford and Ford approved two new rear wheels, ordered.
  • Clunk was not duplicated, it is random. But with the TSB I mentioned the comment back was leave it for extended checking and maybe the fuel tank bracket is an issue. Forgot about the bracket. Think I'll not worry about the clunk and re-do the torque for the tank brackets. Although, the adviser did mention the tank, she made no indication that it would affect the warranty repair.
  • DTE, reprogrammed - no charge
  • Extended S/C - pricey:
    • 7/125 $3900
    • 7/100 $3110
    • 7/72 $2895
I get my new wheels installed next Wednesday. Thinking about having them "not" balance the tires and getting dyna beads.

All in all I am pleased with treatment with this dealer. Wish I had known they were there when I bought my truck. They did not show up on a search.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are dealers that actually turn away work on anything bigger than a F-350 SRW? Aren't they missing out on a lot of profitable work there? I thought service and the used car department were the major profit makers for dealerships.