Notices
1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks
Old 11-03-2014, 08:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Cristina
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

FINALLY!!! I got the Crown Vic front suspension!

Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 PM
fast58
Senior User
fast58 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I often feel like I am the only person in the world that's my age that likes old vehicles as much as I do. I don't know many people that can sit and watch a Stacy David's Gearz marathon on TV and actually be interested. But I'm sure there are a few of us out there. Most kids, and adults for that matter, couldn't tell the difference between the alternator and the transmission.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 PM
spurredon
Post Fiend
spurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to all
Too many folks playing with a Wii and not expiriencing life first hand for themselves, let alone working on old trucks. We need to share our hobby with others whenever we can and let them see the satisfaction that can be had.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
elgemcdlf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Isn't it funny how people don't interact personally any more? It's text messages, email, etc. What happened to actually spending real time with other people? We are building a society of what would basically be labeled as shut-ins. The shut in being lack of actual human interaction.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
spurredon
Post Fiend
spurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to all
Yeah, I use to go see the old timers I knew when I had questions but now that I am an old timer, everyone sort of looks stuff up on line. While I enjoy the self sufficientcy aspect of it all, I believe we are giving something up as a society. Sorry if that is deeper than what is allowed on the Fridge forum!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 AM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
I enjoy being able to talk with folks that are far away. The Internet has made that possible. Easier to find folks of common mind. I just see so much of isolation. Example being you and I. Without the Net we probably would have never crossed paths. Now we can help each other. Well at least try to help each other.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:26 PM
fast58
Senior User
I agree. For instance. Thanks to this forum I am doing the CV IFS swap. I never would have thought of it on my own.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:09 AM
R.A.D
New User
R.A.D is starting off with a positive reputation.
how is it coming along? ahh never mind i found your build

Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
iwillflybyu
Senior User
iwillflybyu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great thread!! I'm going to have my 58 done soon!! I can't wait! Thank you all for the great info!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
fast58
Senior User
Thank you for reading! Good luck with the build! Take your time and enjoy the build.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM
juang316
Senior User
juang316 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any pictures of the motor mounts?

Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 PM
johnskull
New User
johnskull is starting off with a positive reputation.
need measurments please

Hi fast58 and Elgemcdlf,
I seen your thread on the crown Victoria front end for your ford truck.
I have a question I have a 1947 Ford pu that I want to also install a Crown vic. IFS into my truck. My question is first of all how do you like the front end now that you installed it? Also I know the width of my frame is 32 inches wide and the width from outside drum to drum in the front of the front end that is on my truck now is 56.5 inches. If you could would you measure the width of your front end from inside of rim to inside of the other rim so I can see if it will fit in my truck it has to be around 56.5 inches. I really would appreciate it. Thank you, John

Old 12-12-2013, 05:48 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by johnskull View Post
Hi fast58 and Elgemcdlf,
I seen your thread on the crown Victoria front end for your ford truck.
I have a question I have a 1947 Ford pu that I want to also install a Crown vic. IFS into my truck. My question is first of all how do you like the front end now that you installed it? Also I know the width of my frame is 32 inches wide and the width from outside drum to drum in the front of the front end that is on my truck now is 56.5 inches. If you could would you measure the width of your front end from inside of rim to inside of the other rim so I can see if it will fit in my truck it has to be around 56.5 inches. I really would appreciate it. Thank you, John
The CV IFS we used are for frames that are 34" wide. I do not know the hub to hub of the CV IFS. Some have narrowed the CV IFS & used a Mustang rack & pinion with it. If I were you I think I would be looking at other options. MII variants have really come down in price. You might be able to make the frame width thing work since it is only 1" per side. I would measure the width of the outside edge of the fenders up front & compare that to a CV. A full size is a full size BUT you are back there in years so your "full size" may not be as big as our trucks.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 PM
johnskull
New User
johnskull is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok thanks I will have to do my homework on this one. It would be great if it could work though. Thanks again for the feedback., John

Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Andy1966
New User
Andy1966 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cv swap

i have a 2007 CV with 2'' drop springs, I cannot find struts to fit a 2" drop. do you have any ideas?

Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Tomget
Elder User
Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
great thread about the Crown Vic front end..don't know if I'll ever have a need or opportunity to make this mod, but good info if I do. And nice to see the link to IRS option..never even considered that. Must be nice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY!!! I got the Crown Vic front suspension!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.