Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

December Chat/All Topic Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:09 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turduckin is a chicken in a duck in a turkey. All three have been deboned & some form of stuffing is used also. Im going to try & get one for next year.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning gentlemen, what did y'all do to Joe? He's been keeping a low profile the las couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by TheWhiteBeast
What they do is they debone the duck and chicken. I would take some ducks, already dead of course!
You know, the debone part does ring a bell. It's been a while, I just remember he stuffed the chicken into the duck then into a turkey. Seems like he had some kind of apple chunk dressing. I don't remember the details...and feeling too lazy to go digging through Food Network's site to see if I can find it.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Morning gentlemen, what did y'all do to Joe? He's been keeping a low profile the las couple of weeks.
I've been here and there, and around the square. Catch me if you can

My wife's office fired their IT guy so I've spent quite a nights up there trying to straighten them out before they get busy with tax season.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:05 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning boys & squirrels, make sure your furnace is on...21F outside the trailer this morning.
Originally Posted by tojoski
I've been here and there, and around the square. Catch me if you can
Well he is alive...or he's got great reception on his iPhone from the here after.
Originally Posted by tojoski
My wife's office fired their IT guy so I've spent quite a nights up there trying to straighten them out before they get busy with tax season.
Dang, aren't you the lucky one. Working two jobs...and only getting benefits off of one. I get suckered into projects at my wife's clinic from time to time....but being out of town saves me more than if I was at the house. I'm sure she'd have something for me to do there almost everyday.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:11 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
I think the past few nights have been warmer in Clarksville. The other night when I went to the plant to mess with the yard dog one of the banks said 31* plus it wasnt so bad to stand outside.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning gentlemen...not as cool out there this morning, only 42F but the weather guessers have snow in the forecast next week. Oh joy.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
The other night when I went to the plant to mess with the yard dog one of the banks said 31* plus it wasnt so bad to stand outside.
I don't know how accurate bank clocks are...but I'd like to think the one out front of the Princess is pretty close. Or at least as long as the truck is moving. For 6 months I worked as a truck driver for a de-bone plant in Van Buren that had an Ottawa yard dog. To say it was worn out would be putting it mildly..."racing slicks out back", leaking hydraulic cylinders, none functional brake lights...etc. But that ole N14 would fire up and pull those 53' Tyson trailers up out of the hole every time. It's been almost 7 years now, but I seem to remember it only have two forward gears and a reverse? And rough riding...holy smokes that thing would beat you to death and then some.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Why is it that all of this talk of turdukhens is giving me deja vu. For some reason I get the feeling we have covered this before or maybe I'm just crazy!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:04 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Look who just stopped by, was beginning to think that stack of firewood on the F350 got the better part of you.
Originally Posted by Will P.
Why is it that all of this talk of turdukhens is giving me deja vu. For some reason I get the feeling we have covered this before or maybe I'm just crazy!
I think your right...we've more than likely covered this before, but I don't remember if anyone has eaten one. I know where we can get the chicken & duck; now to find the turkey. Wild turkey anyone?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Look who just stopped by, was beginning to think that stack of firewood on the F350 got the better part of you.

I think your right...we've more than likely covered this before, but I don't remember if anyone has eaten one. I know where we can get the chicken & duck; now to find the turkey. Wild turkey anyone?
Hit up a butterball turkey house?

Will, I was thinking about you & that super cab the other day since you never sent any pictures my way.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Evening y'all....for those not keeping track, 9 days until Christmas. And 16 days to the end of the year...hard to believe we're fixing to close out another year.
Hit up a butterball turkey house?
Yeah, but then you have to slaughter & clean it. Too much work, need a bird "ready to go" if this project is going to have a chance of getting off the drawing board.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Wow, active chapter...nothing for 48 hours. Guess everyone is busy finishing up on their Christmas shopping.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
good evening Arkansas

Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning gentlemen, in the final week until Christmas...and for those looking at taxes, two weeks left. Coffee's ready, come & get it!

PS, walk out of the trailer this morning to start the truck & let it warm up for a minute before I head to work. In the distance I can hear a Harley blazing through town...it's 27F out there right now as I type. Harley riders are clearly a different kind of folks....NUTS!

Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
In the distance I can hear a Harley blazing through town...it's 27F out there right now as I type. Harley riders are clearly a different kind of folks....NUTS!

That week or so it got down into the 20s around here one of the live haul drivers was riding his bike in all week.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning gentlemen, is it a bad sign if you wake up 5-10 minutes before the phone rings calling ya' to work?
That week or so it got down into the 20s around here one of the live haul drivers was riding his bike in all week.
Yip, plum crazy-ness. Don't get me wrong, I like to ride....but I guess I'm a fair weather rider. When it gets below 50F or raining there is no fun in it for me. I'd rather drive the Odyssey at that point

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December Chat/All Topic Thread