Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Possible move to Tulsa

Old 12-03-2011, 07:08 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JW,
Where are you getting leaded fuel? My Thunderbird would love some 100 octane if at all possible!!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I buy it at clark oil in sapulpa, its 110 though, its what I burn in the race car and was tring to use up what I had left over.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks for the info!!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Eric,
Just wondering if you made it up for your interview and if so, What did you think?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello there i seen you moving here from NC. well i moved here too from NC, i also went to school for amt but never got in too it as a job unforeseen things kept me from that, but i moved out here for a job as well i like the state very much i hate the cities and there darn rules and regs it is worse then **** germany at times, i would mostly look for somewhere out of the city limits. i live in enid near vance air force base, and it is a pain with the city, for example, i had my trailer in the driveway and i was ordered to move by the city so now i had to find a place that i can store it and there goes money for storing it, well my truck died tranny so i got rid of it, and then my boss loaned me his ford truck, well it is in the drive way i have not moved it much due to it needs injectors, well got a letter for the city i got to move it now and where i am going to put it i have no idea i know my boss wants to sale it. so just stay out of the city limits you may be happier. other then that it is a great place to live.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Sounds like you have some neighbors who don't like stuff parked in the driveway and aren't afraid to call. As far as trailers go, in most cities it is illegal to park them in the driveway/street for an extended time. They usually have to be behind a fence.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:21 AM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
Sounds like you have some neighbors who don't like stuff parked in the driveway and aren't afraid to call. As far as trailers go, in most cities it is illegal to park them in the driveway/street for an extended time. They usually have to be behind a fence.
i asked if i could park in the back they said nothing can be on the grass! so where are you do put it, as for neigbors i dont talk to anyone on the street. but what is so funny is the guy across from my house has a boat parked in his front yard ? like i said i have no clue why they doing what they do now my boss's truck it is tagged and insured and he just keeps it parked in my driveway for he lives in KS it needs injectors now but its just parked there and they want it gone i really dont see how they can do that legally and they went to my landlords house and got on to him because he has 6 cars at his house all tagged and legal as well it just dont make sense. if you own a something and then the gov tells you have to get rid of it. just seems to me to be a bunch of commie ****'s if you ask me. next they will be asking for papers. just **** me off really i got my ranchero in the garage restoring it i was going to roll it out when i get the body back together and rebuild the motor in the garage but i guess i wont do that.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
We had a concrete pad poured on the side of our house when we had a pop up camper, stored behind a fence. Neighbors can be funny, someone didn't like your trailer and probably doesn't like the looks of your bosses truck. All it takes is one phone call. The guy with the boat is probably "friends" with everyone, so no one calls on it.

If your bosses truck runs, just move it around (back and forth) in the drive. That way you are driving it and it's not sitting. Since you are "driving" it, there's nothing anybody can say.

I agree, Once the Ranchero is rolling, best to keep it hidden. We had a neighbor with a Camaro up on blocks (different neighborhood) for several years. Finally someone called the city and next thing I knew the Camaro was up on blocks in the garage.

In my neighborhood, your not supposed to park on the street overnight. Even though I have a driveway full of vehicles, we follow that rule. Low and behold I got a letter from the homeowners association said we were in violation. We were even out of state when that supposedly happened.

My son is building a plane in my garage. Can't wait to hear what the neighbors say when he pulls it out so he can fit the wings on it!!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The only thing worse than the city saying you can't park a legally tagged and insured vehicle in your own driveway, is a home owners association imposing even stricter rules.
Both can be made worse by having neighbors that can't mind their own business and feel the need to constantly drop a dime on others.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff
The only thing worse than the city saying you can't park a legally tagged and insured vehicle in your own driveway, is a home owners association imposing even stricter rules.
Both can be made worse by having neighbors that can't mind their own business and feel the need to constantly drop a dime on others.
You've got that right

Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
well i dont live in a housing comunity, just in town, i called the city and had a talk to them. they told me it had to moved form the property by the 20th or they was coming to move it and then i would have to pay to get it back but i could not bring it back to the house, which i got pretty darn pissed over that, and i really dont see how a city can come on private property steal a item then exstort money from the owner. now if we done it we would be in jail. but by the constution we have a right to property, we can not be illegaly serached and our item sezed from us. everything they are doing is illegal. no matter how you look at it. i did here there is a lawyer that is filing a class action law suit against the city. trying to get more info on it.

what i was thinking about what if someone had a car/truck and it had transmission problems needed a new transmission they still owe on the car to a loan company and it is just parked in the driveway till they got the money saved up to have it fixed and then the city steals the car/truck. then who would be at fault?

i know back home a lady owned a car lot and she carried the note on the loan, well she was repoing her cars and she was arrested for grand theif auto. for serval accounts. she did file a lawsuit against the police dept and did win serval millon dollars from the city.

so i dont know how it can be done legally, i know if you live in a home owners assc. when you buy the home you have a list of rule s you must follow that you sign. now in my home state if you dont get the rules or you dont sign and it is not certified by the state they can not force the rules on you they tried with me and found out they could not touch me none the less they was shocked.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Sounds like the people in that city dont have enough to do to keep them busy and out of other peoples business. That stinks.

I can understand how they wouldn't want people to leave vehicles parked in the driveway/street, that may not be running. A few houses down from us was a house full of college kids. They had a late 60's Ford truck parked in the driveway, blocked with concrete blocks. It never moved while they were living there. Eventually they started throwing their trashbags and big pieces of trash into the bed. It did not help the curb appeal. Glad they moved out and took the nonworking truck with them.

On the other hand we've also got neighbors in this neighbor hood that have vehicles parked on their yard that have not moved in months. But at least they don't make it look trashy.

I would guess it's not much of an issue when you live in the country, not suburbia?

Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I know many cities have strict laws about vehicles sitting around.
It is my personal opinion that any vehicle which is parked on gravel, concrete or asphalt, and is currently tagged, should be left alone. Especially if the vehicle is not on a city street. It does not matter if the vehicle runs or not, if the tag/registration is current, it's not sitting on grass or the street, the city should have no say in the matter.
On the other hand, the strict laws were adopted to rid the city of vehicles that haven't been running or tagged in years, many haven't been touched in years either. I can understand, and to a certain degree even agree with the principle of getting rid of these types of vehicles. There's a difference between a junker laying dead that will never be returned to the road, and one that is being restored, yet in the eyes of the city, they're the same.

Bottom line, any laws or HOA rules that go beyond the allowance of a tagged/registered vehicle, sitting on a "weatherable" surface, on private property, are an invasion of a person's civil rights in my opinion.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
thats what i say. it is sad some of the rules really hurt the cities, but i do understand a torn down vehicle, and if you are working on a project or a classic i do recommend using a car cover to cover it that is just being polite. we are looking for homes in the county

Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 AM
bruno2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I have a few of the dime droppers in my neighborhood. Mostly seniors that just dont have enough to do and their family doesnt visit them very often. Makes me feel sorry for them until they call the city over anything on your property. They dont like it when I bring my scaffold trailer home for a day or two. I have an RV slip beside my house that I can park it in. That puts me in compliance with the city code. Sometimes its a pain to back it in there so I just park it in the street. It's usually gone before they can pick a bone with me.

Broken Arrow is somewhat user unfriendly. They were having a hard time getting builders to build new homes b/c of the stringent rules and regulations. They had a big overthrow of power in the city council and things loosened up a little. The trash service sucks. I had a bag that was too heavy for them. I think like 80lbs is the max. So instead of just leaving it there . The driver got out and tore it open where it sat in my driveway. The wind was blowing about 35 MPH and scattered trash everywhere. I watched them do it too. So I ran outside and ripped up one side and down the other. They just told me to call in if I didnt like it. So I did and I was furious. Turns out the same guy driving the truck that ripped the bag open was the head of sanitation and I was complaining to him. So you just imagine how that worked out. So I went up the chain of command. I got ahold of the Mayor's right hand man. So he came out to the neighborhood and inspected it. Then he called me back to tell me I just have trashy neighbors. I said yes imagine that. I dont suppose the people you hire to haul the trash off ripping bags open for no reason in the middle of a wind storm had anything to do with it do you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible move to Tulsa