Please welcome ckdc and DSLPWRD - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Please welcome ckdc and DSLPWRD

Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Post Fiend

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Thumbs up Please welcome ckdc and DSLPWRD

Good morning VA!

I hope that everyone has recovered from the post Thanksgiving food coma.

Please join me in welcoming two new members to the Chapter:

ckdc comes to us from Arlington with a very nice early 90s F350 dually.

DSLPWRD comes to us from Manassas with a 6.7L F350 that was a recent acquisition.

Lets help make these two feel at home here in our layer!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Junior User

ckdc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Intro

Hi guys and gals-

I live in Arlington near the Key Bridge and Arlington Cemetery. I got this truck as part of a boat deal I bought back in 2001. It came with a logbook of all the previous owners oil changes and maintenance, window stickers, manual, and some Billy Howell dealership info from Georgia.

As you can see from the pics it's still beautiful. I keep it in my garage in Rosslyn. It's got 170K miles and the engine still sounds great. 460 5 speed-

I occasionally tow a 38 foot offshore Cigarette boat on a 45' trailer at about 13,000 lbs. so with the truck I'm almost as long as a Semi. I also race a BMW M3 some weekends with the BMW Club, NASA and SCCA driver events. I tow an 18 foot open trailer to the track.

Looking forward to searching for threads (already found some great ones btw) that will help me with these winter fix items:

shocks and maybe leaf springs
install a lower steering shaft
rear lock actuators ($$$ ugg)
window channels
steering box leak
chase down a short that is shutting down all dashboard lights
try to track down replacement bubble window for cap
track down rear window/door for cap (broke mine) cap maker went out of business
freon conversion for AC
wont crank when it's hot- prob bad starter

Look for some questions soon-

Great forum!

Charlie
Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Post Fiend

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Charlie, glad to have you with us! Sounds like you scored a pretty nice setup there. Eventhough it's a BMW, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that M3

Stick around, drop in the BS chat if you want, there's some great folks on here with an amazing knowledge base!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Junior User

I don't see how to add pics to my posts- I assume I need higher post count before I get that privilege?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Post Fiend

It looks like you hit 25 posts sometime yesterday, so sometime today, maybe tonight, you should gain access to create a signature, make photo albums, etc. Check your "UserCP" (blue bar, top left) to see if those items are activated yet.

You can also post pics from photo sites like snapfish, photobucket, etc. You just need to copy the BB Img code from those sites and paste it into your post.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - FAQ: FAQ

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - FAQ: FAQ
Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Junior User

Thanks- I created my garage yesterday and also created a gallery. My pics are stored on my laptop so i wanted to just upload them into the thread. Can I do that using the picture icon in the thread toolbar?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Post Fiend

Unfortunately, attachments are only available to "Supporters" of the site. You can create an album here, upload the pics, and copy the img code from there too. Pretty easy to do.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Junior User

No problem- I tried to do that in the 87-96 pics thread but I will try it again. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Posting Guru

DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking for the last couple weeks since I got my new truck and figured I might as well join since I am sure I will have some questions at some point. There is a lot of great info here and I wish I new about FTE a few years ago.

I'm staring a repo business, so this will be my stealth truck as I get things going hopefully in the first part of 2012. I'm trying to save money for the repo unit so I won't be doing very many mods right now other than the necessities to start the business.

So other than that, I am just enjoying driving my new truck (nicknamed 'The Beast'). I can't believe the power this thing has and I can't wait to put it to some serious work. I've uploaded a couple pics to the gallery, but hope to add a few more soon.

2005 F-150 SC FX4 5.4L V8 Step Side - Traded for the 2011
2002 F-150 SC 4X2 4.2L V6 - Traded for the 2005 <!-- / message -->
Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Post Fiend

Andrew, welcome to the group! The 6.7L forum is a good spot...lots of guys doing lots of good things with their rigs.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you guys might have about the site, etc. If I cannot answer them, I can certainly find someone who can.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Junior User

hi DSLPWRD hope I never see you working

here's some pics of my toys I tow with my f350 - Chandler should these show up as actual pics or just links?

38" 1990 Signature Offshore Boat

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m...rchillers.html

1995 BMW M3 Race Car

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m...-2500-lbs.html
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdc View Post

here's some pics of my toys I tow with my f350 - Chandler should these show up as actual pics or just links?

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - ckdc's Album: ckdc main - Picture

1995 BMW M3 Race Car

The links worked, but to imbed them in the post you have to use the BB IMG code.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Posting Guru

DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdc View Post

1995 BMW M3 Race Car

Hope you never have to see me working either.

Nice BMW. I use to have an X3 and that thing would fly. I'm still partial to German engineering, I love my VW. Diesel all the way.

2011 F-350 Lariat CC 6.7L PSD SB FX4, Sterling Gray Metallic - Black Leather
2004 VW Jetta TDI, 123,000 and counting
2005 F-150 SC FX4 5.4L V8 Step Side - Traded for the 2011
2002 F-150 SC 4X2 4.2L V6 - Traded for the 2005
<o></o>
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Junior User

Can you tell me exact keystrokes and exactly which page I should link to? I know it's something ez but cant' figure it out

tried the embedd icon- didn't work when linking to my album pic

tried looking up how to use BBcodes and still cant' get it.

Thanks Chandler
Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Post Fiend

Charlie try this:
Click on your own username...upper right where it says "Welcome, ckdc"
Scroll down to your album
Click on the album you want, then the picture you want
Below that should be a BB code
Copy that entire field and paste it without changes to the post you're in

See the attached PDF with a blue dashed box around the BB Code location
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BB Code.pdf (463.6 KB, 48 views)