Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

69 F350 Bump Side Crew Cab Restoration

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM
brobrad
Senior User
brobrad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by brobrad View Post
Found a guy who wants to do some trading. He has an 2002 F250 SD that is wrecked. He has some leather power seats that he wants to trade toward another truck i'm parting with. Are the SD seats going to be too big for the bumpside. He also has the rear bench he wants to throw in the deal. I haven't measured out the 69 f350. It stinks that it is 30 miles from me everytime i want to check something out. I know i would have to make some mounts, but will they fit and leave room. The 69 cab is 10" shorter than the 2002 it would be coming out of???

Further, what kind of value would you place on a decent set of seats. The rear is great, but front show a little wear.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 AM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
crazed87bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Me personally wouldn't go over $400-500 if the seats are in great condition any more money and you can have another set of seats recovered in leather and be brand new

Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
brobrad
Senior User
Picked up the Power Lariat Leather Seats and a new spare for 200 slick. He and i both were happy with the deal. If anyone needs some power window components or door panels etc. let me know. The drivers seat has some significant wear, but shouldn't be too bad to fix. It had the little fold down seat to go between the captains chairs as well. I don't think it will be too bad to hook up the wiring. Maybe i can post pics tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:23 AM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
Have you tried any test fitting yet of the seats? Let's see them pics you got a deal in my opinion

Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
brobrad
Senior User
No Test Fit on seats

Originally Posted by crazed87bronco View Post
Have you tried any test fitting yet of the seats? Let's see them pics you got a deal in my opinion
I did not test fit the seats. I hauled the 5.9 Cummins out to my truck and set it over in the back and covered with a tarp. i also put the Lariat seats on top of the factory seats. Looks like the bump side floor pan is not going to match up. I'll probably have to build some brackets to mount on.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
brobrad
Senior User
Ford Cummins or Auto World or Custom Mounts

I have an opportunity to purchase ford-cummins mounts to mount the 6bt to the 04 SD frame for 150.00. The rubber portion looks pretty skimpy. I've heard that it won't last long. I've seen some pretty nice custom mounts on the forum, but don't have all that i need to do that myself. So, any suggestions on the best route. I know there is no one size fits all. The Auto World seem a little pricey at 375, but plug and play is pretty nice. I'll await your thoughts.

2ndly, considering rebuilding my a518 tranny. I've done some reading and know it is pretty involved. My main concern is the 800lbs behind the spring in the OD section. Any pointers on suggestions on that?

Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
Have no experience with any cummins conversion kits from what I read a lot of the conversion kits are cheaply made that's one reason you see a lot of people making there own I'll be making my own mounts for my 12v install just need a welder and I can get started if you don't have the tools to do it I'd say try them out and see how they work out for you

Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
brobrad
Senior User
Found a tranny

I bought a 95 47rh 4x4 tranny Monday. This way i don't have to convert my a518 (46rh) to 4x4. It's in working order but I'm gonna tear it down. Gonna go pretty much stock except for upgraded servo and new bands. Going Borg warner. Gonna spend a little more on TC. I only need a single disc for my stock engine, but I want a low stall. PATC talks about theirs being super efficient. Any thoughts Or suggestions appreciated. BTW I'm gonna use the a518 behind my 4bt

Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
I just sold my 47re and dhd 241 transfer case the other day I want to run a divorced t case due to the length and amount of lift I have are you keeping the motor fairly stock or will you be adding some power? Dodge transmissions don't handle to much more then stock HP especially if it gets beat at all decide how much power your wanting and build your trans to handle it where's all these pics at never a good thread without lots o pics

Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
brobrad
Senior User
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco View Post
I just sold my 47re and dhd 241 transfer case the other day I want to run a divorced t case due to the length and amount of lift I have are you keeping the motor fairly stock or will you be adding some power? Dodge transmissions don't handle to much more then stock HP especially if it gets beat at all decide how much power your wanting and build your trans to handle it where's all these pics at never a good thread without lots o pics

I know, i know about the pics. I'll try to do better. I've got so many irons in the fire that I fail to do that a lot. Second to that my truck is 30 miles away. I guess i could post the pic of the oily/dirty 47rh. I am also aware of the weaknesses of these trannys. I understand that the majority of their problems centers on the flow of fluid. My upgrades are supposed to take care of that. I hope to get a little bit above stock, but not much. Most mods i want to do are for efficiency sake. There are those that building these trannys to be a beast, but i can't afford that right now.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
brobrad
Senior User
47RH pics

Above, used adapter adn cummins starter. Stock flexplate creeping in on picture

Below, picture of complete grimmy tranny (47RH 4x4)

Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
brobrad
Senior User
Paint and body work question

I can leave the truck out at my dads, or i can move it back over to my house. I've got to set the cab off anyway so i can trade a guy for the frame. I'm trading for a good bed/tailgate and a perfect dashpad and a 100 bucks to boot. Of course i'm letting the 360 and the tranny go with it. I could do a little better parting it out, but i really don't have time.

My main question is to do with SANDBLAST vs. SANDING/BrushWheel. i really can't afford to drop the doe to have it balsted, but if i had it home i could work on it here and there. the advantage would be all done at once versus weeks of grinding and sanding. I've also got some patches to make, but i can't do that from here. Is there an economical way to get it blasted. On a boat forum i saw some guys use piece of equipment to clean brick with to blast their boats. It uses wet sand? What do you think?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:42 PM
brobrad
Senior User
Scratching my head for a while

I got my stuff out today and was going over what i was going to order. I plan to order from a local "back-woods" tranny shop. Its one of those you can't hardly see for junk cars, old boats, a mound of oyesters he's shucked and weeds head high. Anyway, i had taken my OD section to him to press out spring as i had mentioned. He took it all apart and started putting it back together. He put the sprag in upside down and when removing it, he droped it among a pile of parts. We gathered it all up an i brought it home to examine it all. I laid it all out and have left it for a few days. Well today i was gettin a list of parts to order and noticed a thrust bearing that was shot. I was trying to figure which one to order. So, back to the bench i go to make sure i get the right one. Well, i can't find but 3 on the exploded view and there are none in the front section. i go over 10 times and remember the drop at the shop. I must have picked up an extra thrust bearing as he had another 47rh torn down on the bench. Anyway, i'm much relieved. If you guys can find where the fourth one goes and my theory is wrong, let me know.
Parts to order:
Borg warner clutches/steels
Gasket set
Thrust washer kit
Sonnax Upgraded servo
Sonnax Upgraded accumulator
transgo shift kit
I'm gonna wait about TC as i can't afford it yet.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 PM
brobrad
Senior User
A FEW MORE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE

I picked up two doors and a hood today for 100 bucks. The doors were missing the hardware, but mine will switch over. There was only a little surface rust on them. They are perfect. All of the corners are good. I want to clean them up, prime them and put some sound deadening in the doors. All that i can get away with without causing problems. I've go to get the "anti-rattle" kits from LMC. I read a post or two this week ******* the LMC felt. They were saying it only held up a couple of years and started to crack up.'

Anybody got suggestions on that? (anybody know why iphone pics rotate on this forum)

My hood is solid, but has a dent or two. I failed to take pictures of it. I've got stuff going on my 03 project right now, but i did get some air-craft type stripper (lowes brand) to clean the hood and doors up for priming. My rotater cuff in my left shoulder is injured for now and i can't do much all gimped up.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM
brobrad
Senior User
Body Lift/Cab mount location

Alright, i'm having shoulder surgery monday, but i'm hoping to be back in action soon. I've got my 03 4bt project just ahead of this one to finish, but i can't stop thinking about the 69CC. Remember i'm putting it on an 04 FX4 SD CC LWB frame. I've got to cut 10" out of straight cab section. Anyway as far as setting up the cab mounts, i've come up with a plan. I think i'm gonna get me some 3/4 square tubing and lay a grid over the cab and bed mounts. I'm gonna buy some cheap bolts that fit thru the cab mount holes. I wan to build the grid on the 69 frame and brace it off. I can then lift the whole grid with the bolt heads welded to the 3/4" tube and transfer it to the 04 after i cut the 10" section out. I may just do the cab, get it right, and then cut the 10" and set the bed. Either way, i think that will work. I'm thinking about giving the mounts a "lift" when i weld them to the 69 frame. No more than an inch probably, but that will allow me to run larger tires if i desire to do so. Only disadvantage would be "undoing" it. Any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 69 F350 Bump Side Crew Cab Restoration

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.