Center console to jump seat?? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console to jump seat??

Old 11-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Senior User

KH85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Center console to jump seat??

So I searched a little bit but still have some questions. I have an '03 with captains and the center console. I would like to have the jump seat, or what I think some call the 40/20/40? I want to make my truck a true 6 pack with the middle seat that has the fold down back so i still have the arm rest/cup holder.

Is this just a simple swap or do things need to be modifyed? If I get a jump seat do I need to remove the arm rests on my captains an get new seat back covers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Ford With Out Tax Money

snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
i have a 99 that has the 40/20/40 and the captains dont have arm rest. so i would think they have to go. ii think the brackets are the same just the arm rest are not.
the console is one reason i passed on some trucks not what i like.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Posting Guru

Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kenny, where are you located?
I'll do a straight swap with ya!
I have the grey interior.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Post Fiend

4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
Peter (duck fan) and I swapped... If you have armrests it will be an issue. He has an excursion and HAD the center console. I have a F250 and HAD the middle seat. He needed the middle seat so they could fit the whole family in one vehicle (Peter + His 4 kids + Wife + her 3 kids = 9 and a big grocery bill). They swapped fine. Since my truck is a stick sift i did not need the middle from seat nor did I worrie about having an arm rest. I suppose one day I might up grade to some Lariat Seats with arm rests.

Heres the thread not to much info but peter dose mention having to grind down the armrest posts on his seats...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...swap-done.html
Old 11-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Posting Guru

locknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud of
I've thought about this for my X too.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_250 View Post
Kenny, where are you located?
I'll do a straight swap with ya!
I have the grey interior.
Do u have leather or cloth...I have leather.

I live in Washington St.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Senior User

kevinwilly is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put 05 seats in my 99.... THAT jump seat is baller- with the cup holders. I'm buying a 2000 on saturday with a non-cupholder jumpseat. I'm not happy.

So if you get a jumpseat, make sure you get one of the newer ones if you want cup holders. Sadly, my 99 is tan and the new one is grey.

I'm considering dying it, though.... HMMMM.....

Anyways, if anyone wants to trade a greay center console for my grey non-cupholder jumpseat I'd be game. With the 6 speed, the seat is pretty useless. I just want cup holders.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Freshman User

rb8612 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2001 leather and I did the swap from console to jump seat. I had to buy studs for the two rear supports of the jump seat since the console was bolted a little different. The cab has the inserts ready so this was easy. I had to peel the leather back of each seat and cut the arm rest support with a cutoff wheel so the jump seat folds up. It sounds worse than it was. I have a small circle on each seat where the arm rest support use to be, but it's not enough to notice.

I miss those arm rests, but I have too many kids to keep them.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Senior User

Thanks for the imput guys.

Anyone know of a good place to look for the seat besides the Stealership or ebay, craigslist etc..???

Im still just tossing the idea around as im a single guy with no family to haul around but it seems like im always in need of that sixth seat for camping/roadtrip stuff!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Post Fiend

4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
I needed to order a new seat for my boss' excursion... Found a power limited passenger seat for $250 in a salvage yard... And they delivered it.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
New User

NoSlo6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwilly View Post

Anyways, if anyone wants to trade a greay center console for my grey non-cupholder jumpseat I'd be game. With the 6 speed, the seat is pretty useless. I just want cup holders.
Is that jumpseat you are talking about grey leather? Can you send or post a pic, I may be interested.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Freshman User

molsenale is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the non-cup holder jump seat with trashed out lariat seats. I'm talking to a couple guys right now that have:

#1 Lariat seats with the arm rests and console from an 06
#2 Lariat seats with cup holder jump seat, brand new 08 model

anyone know if 08 seats will fit my 99???
Old 07-22-2017, 01:36 PM
New User

rghouse is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am getting ready to swap my console out of the 2000 with a 2014 jumpseat. My new jumpseat holes are front (center to center) 9 and 1/4, rear 18 and 3/4. Are there some front studs that will fit this on my year? felt around and couldn't find any, should I tear carpet and dig deeper. As for the rear, sounds like rb8612 put in studs instead of through bolting, anyone else done this? Assuming studs are welded in?

thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 PM
Freshman User

sw20td06 is starting off with a positive reputation.

I just completed this swap this pass weekend and everything went without a hitch thanks to tips from Nicmike and Duck Fan. I did want to offer their tips and advice because I could not find direct information about some things I had questions about, so here is brief write-up. I should have taken pictures along the way but I was in a hurry because it was 100+ in the garage!

I have a 2005 Excursion Limited and swapped in a 2005 F350 lariat leather center jump seat. I paid 260 shipped for it.

1. Remove driver and passenger seat. No special tools needed, just a 18 or 19mm socket and deep socket. Don't remember off hand.

2. Remove Center Console. 4 bolts on the bottom of the console. Be sure to remove harness entertainment center controls and power plug. Save for later.

3. Pull back the rear of each armrests on the front seat to reveal the T55 Torx bolt holding the armrests to the seat.

4. You will be left with a little metal nub that needs to be cut off. I did not want to set the seat on fire like some have done, so I followed what Nicmike suggested. He stated it would be best to remove the leather seat cover. (took like 5 min with the wife doing it while I worked on the rest.). Use a long screwdriver to remove a plastic clip holding the seat cover on the rear back of the seat. It runs along the bottom of the seat back. You essentially run the screwdriver up the back along the clip to release it from the seat. Nicmike said there may be Velcro holding the cover in the front, but mine did not. Slowly pull seat cover up to until you are pass the nub that you need to cut off.

5. I utilized an air cut off tool and placed a cardboard box with a hole to protect the seat cushion from the sparks. Be sure to grind off as much as you can and make it flush as the center jumpseat will touch this area when moving it up and down.

6. Reinstall seat cover. I did a test fit of the jump seat and driver seat prior to reinstalling everything. My year excursion and I'm told all years should be the same have the blank holes for the rear bolts. Simply cut an X with a razor blade to reveal the blank holes in the floorboard. Cut off as much as you need to see the hole clearly.

7. Be sure to run you DVD/power outlet harness cleanly toward the rear so it is accessible before you install jumpseat.

8. Place jumpseat on top corresponding holes and use that as a guide to screw in your rear bolts. Be sure you're seatbelt is attached prior to screwing the bolt into this blank hole. Since this is a blank hole, you will need an impact or something with high torque to create the threads using the factory Ford bolts (which you should of gotten with your jumpseat). Be sure bolts are level and screw in and back out once in awhile.

9. Now remount driver and passenger seat. the brackets for the inner front seats will go on top of the center jump seat.

10. Plug in your rear entertainment/power plug and stuff it under the center console. I am told if you remove it you will have no rear audio and there is this thread Mike told me about to resolve that: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...dont-work.html

You will have holes in the leather that almost unnoticeable depending on the recline of the two front seats and if center console is up or down. I did take one picture of it done! Hope that helps someone. Now I have a 9 seater.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 AM
New User

rghouse is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also recently did this swapping out a console on my 2000 with a jump seat out of a 2015, there is no comparison, it is sooo awesome.

A couple tid bits, the stock holes are there...best to go from underneath and stick a screw driver up and through to locate inside. Then cut a fair bit of the carpet out (if equipped). passenger seat should come out too, quick and easy and makes job much easier. requires a big star bit (auto zone).

Also, the ***** that stick out from the old arm rests was a bit of a head scratcher b/c I didnt want tot use the grinder and burn my interior. My solar guy was over and I ran it by him and he had a milwaukee portable band saw. made quick work off both sides in like 5 minutes. file it down so it doesnt rip new jump seat.

One more thing, I just mounted my old armrests above my rear seats, was a cinch. My model year has no head rests in back for the kids to protect against smashing into glass. PM me if you want details, pics. the shape is perfect and fabric color everything matches. I have the old console if anyone is interested...

-Ryan