OEM Factory AM/FM CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 10:58 AM
revans2000
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WANTED - NEW OEM Factory AM/FM CD PLayer - 2000 Ford F-150

I have a 2000 F-150 with the basic OEM AM/FM Cassette Radio.

I'd like to upgrade that to the OEM Factory AM/FM CD Player (with or without the cassette - cassette tapes are a thing of the past).

Can anyone tell me where I might find this unit? I know I can goto Circuit City or Best Buy and get an Alpine or some other high end stereo that would sound 1000% better but I am just not into that kind of sound and I have no need to vibrate the paint off the truck either.

I simply want the ability to play one or more cd's (I would prefer an in-dash with a built in 6 cd changer) and keep the factory look.

I would appreciate any help you can offer... Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Old 04-13-2003, 01:21 PM
BobbyL
Senior User

Your best bet is to go to your local Ford dealer and talk to the used vehicle manager. They're always sending trucks to auction with CD players in em. You'd be surprised what $50 on the side can get ya. Usually they'll have one of their mechanics do it as a favor.

Old 04-13-2003, 01:41 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

ebay

I purchased a MACH Stereo form a very nice company in NJ, that came with a 1yr warranty. ITs the CD/TAPE version with RDS thats a nice unit for factory. When buying one of these MACH style radios however (ones with the RDS buttons are MACH) make sure you get one without the SUBWOOFER control. The radios have built in equalization so that the regular speakers don't get the low bass frequency's so while it will sound super clear, there will be NO bass tones. Unless you want to find the bass module and wire it in. You will also have to cut out a piece of plastic inside the dash to get it to fit properly. They come form 1998 and up explorers and probably expeditions.

You can get the regular Cass/Cd radio, but the MACH radio is a little nicer.

Regular ford CD players usually get $150 on ebay. The MACH radios get $200.

You can contact the guy I bought mine from Ted Rogozinski ted@taroelectronics.com

Junkyards are usually too expensive on these models

Chris

Old 04-13-2003, 03:07 PM
revans2000
New User

added request...

if I was not clear in my original request, let me add that I want to simply pop the old radio out and slip in the new one... no cutting, no welding and no additional equipment will be added (amps, equalizers, etc.).

chris, I appreciate your suggestion however, it sounds like the mach radio is other than OEM. if I am incorrect in that assumption, please let me know.

Old 04-13-2003, 08:21 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

You are wrong and right. Its ford, its oem, its just never in an F150. It came in Explorers and Expeditions like I stated. Actually it came in rangers too, the one I have is from a Ranger.

It just depends on what you want. I suggested it because it takes less than 5 mins to make it fit. So you might have been intereseted. You said with or without cass, and the cass versions need that piece cut so now you know you need a CD only one since the w/ cass requires cutting. I also stated that the regular CD only players cost about $150 on ebay so you had that information too.

I didn't realize what it took originally and it was a big leap of faith when I bought the MACH, that it would fit and work right. Ted was very nice to exchange the one I bought for one with the right equalization and he was very quick and polite.

I was very happy to have gotten this one, not because of the cassette, but several other features too. It displays the radio station and the time at the same time. It has RDS, and has selective lighting which means at night only the buttons that pertain to the function selected will light up.

I would email ted and ask him if he has just the CD player for the F150. Thats what you are looking for. It will fit right in, and takes less than a minute to do it if you have the U shaped tools.

Chris