Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

What are you carrying around VA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What are you carrying around VA?

Was thinking I'd post up another thread today...this time to show off your valuable cargo.

Besides the wife (no you are NOT getting a picture of her) here is my other precious cargo, my Aussie Cattle & hound mix named Doc:

Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sonny & Jack

Here are my two in the big snow storm we had here two years ago., Actually, now that I see these in my post these were from this past winter.

Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Good looking pups Mike! I'm pretty partial to our barking 4-legged friends.

BTW...to the "others" you don't have to share just canine pics here. Show us what YOU haul around...besides @ss of course!!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 846 Likes on 765 Posts
I'll have to learn how to post pics. Our dog has probably logged around 25,000 miles NY-VA_NY

Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Originally Posted by GLR
I'll have to learn how to post pics. Our dog has probably logged around 25,000 miles NY-VA_NY
George really? 8 years and 6000 posts and no pics? Not sure what to say....

Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 846 Likes on 765 Posts
I'm still trying to use up my polaroid film, Chandler.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
You gotta shake 'em faster

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,282 Likes on 1,084 Posts
Thumbs up

Abby is a Yorkie Pom, she's ten going on 11 come March.

Near Chandler, Oklahoma.

In Yellowstone.

Goulding's Lodge in Monument Valley.

The Jackrabbit in Arizona.

Standing on the Corner in Winslow, Arizona.

In the truck, this is her seat. In the car, it's just a shorter box under the carrier. On the trike or bike, it's a carrier on back.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:22 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Thanks for sharing Les!
I'm sad to say that Abby is more well traveled than me. And she's got a pretty nice setup for the truck too. That booster seat for her crate is pretty cool. Does it allow her to walk out onto the console door and use it as a perch?

Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Non-Living Valuable Cargo

Just wanted to expand the thread a bit to show non-living valuable items we all may carry. Here are the two things I haul with my Super Duty.

The first pic is the trailer I haul every week, twice a week, from Februay thru the end of June for the high school rowing team I coach for and help manage.

The second one is my hotrod. I drive it to as many car shows I can, but for longer distances I trailer it, with a 4:10 rear, it's not a highway cruiser.

Attached Images   
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Wow Mike thats a lot of shells. I'm sure the 6.7L handles them without complaints.

Now, even though that 442 is not a Ford, it's still damn impressive. Great looking ride, I'm a bit jealous!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:03 AM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,282 Likes on 1,084 Posts
Hey Fleetsuper .... Nice Olds 442! ..... brings back memories.

Originally Posted by MCDavis
Thanks for sharing Les!
I'm sad to say that Abby is more well traveled than me. And she's got a pretty nice setup for the truck too. That booster seat for her crate is pretty cool. Does it allow her to walk out onto the console door and use it as a perch?
Yeah, she's peed in front of Judge Roy Bean's Saloon and Billiard Hall in Langtry, Tx., at the foot of the largest known living tree the General Sherman (by volume) in Sequioia, at the brim of the Grand Canyon, alongside the Lonliest Road in America, on The Santa Fe Trail ruts, at the side of the roadway where Bonnie and Clyde was taken down May 23rd, 1934, in front of the grave yard where William Bonney is burried, along the Natchez Trail, at the Point Of Origin in far western Pa on OLD Rt 30 remains, at Roy's Place on old Rt 66 Amboy, Ca., and in Matewan, WVa.

She's been around some.

Yeah, there's a short ramp of light wood with a double layer of grey towel glued (under edges) for "traction". I have three set ups, one just for the '07 Truck, one for the Forester, and one that works equally well in the Merc GM or the T-Birds.

I've worked a few wrecks where people lost pets that got scared and fled, sometimes into traffic, or that hit the dash or floor and broke their kneck. Abby travels in the box unless we are going really slow on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive, etc. With the raised box, she can see out and be part of "us" like, instead of down out of sight in the back seat.

Box also get's her up higher out of the sun in the day, and in better position to catch cooling air from AC ducts.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Wow Mike thats a lot of shells. I'm sure the 6.7L handles them without complaints.

Now, even though that 442 is not a Ford, it's still damn impressive. Great looking ride, I'm a bit jealous!
Hey, you know they are shells, do you row or have rowed? Most folks have no clue what they are actually called. I had a guy say to me at a gas station on one trip; "man, those are the biggest kayaks I have ever seen", no kidding, that's what he really said.

Had the 442 a long time, I fell in love of them in 1965 when good friend of mine dad was a car salesmen at an Olds dealer and he had a 442 vert as his dealer demo. It grabbed my attention and I had to have one. Took a few years and a lot of work, but I really like driving it with the top down.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bout says it all....

But here goes anyway

My Kayaking partners takin a little break on a James Float

Theres a boat under there somewhere

For land dwelling creatures

Basically most time i haul around my dogs , my daughters, and some type of hunting,fishing , or camping equiptment...

Old 11-24-2011, 09:56 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cause my wife wont be seen with us rednecks most of the time

Quick Reply: What are you carrying around VA?