6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Fumoto HFCM drain maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 AM
phantomphixer
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fumoto HFCM drain maybe???

Sent this email to Fumoto USA this am:

> Have you guys looked into making a drain for the 04+ Ford Super Duty
> trucks?
> Please see the attached article. .
>
> http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/<WBR>articles/article-05-19.php
>
> Horizontal Fuel Conditioning Module Ford Super Duty
>
> I have fumoto drains in my oil and eng block. Great for control of
> draining fluids
>
> See the discussion here:
> https://www.ford-trucks.com/<WBR>forums/1115364-drivers-side-<WBR>fuel-filter-question.html
> I will post what you send me at the above link.
>
> Great products.
phantomphixer

Here's what I got this am in return: (FYI very fast turn around)

Thank you very much for contacting us with the information on the HFCM drain plug. It certainly looks like a good application for Fumoto valve to offer quick and easy drain, just like it does for motor oil and transmission oil changes.

The only issue will be the thread size, which appears to be 18-20 mm in
diameter with coarse threads? We will obtain a sample and check the thread size to see if any of the available drain valves fit or not. If not, we
could make an adapter similar to the attached photo & drawing with a minor modification with the male threads to match the HFCM plug.

Do you how many quarts of water you normally drain from the unit?

Also, there's a handy tool called "Form-A-Funnel" to direct the water or oil
in to a receptacle to avoid spills and mess. The following site sells this
flexible funnel along with the full line of Fumoto drain valves.

www.oildrainvalve.net

Thank you.

Norio Mitsuoka
Fumoto USA

I'm sending Norio a clearance measurement for my HFCM height. Anyone else want to chime in and let them know about any other clearance problems. I'm a little concerned about an adapter and clearance from the exhaust pipe?

Last edited by phantomphixer; 11-15-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: removed pics that didn't show up
Old 11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Big Red 5205
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phantomphixer, I read the same blog and was wandering the same thing about a true Fumoto valve for that use. I looked at their site and did not see anything. Thumbs up to you for contacting them and inquiring about it. I contacted my local Ford parts dept. today about the upgraded drain plug with the "T" shaped holder. They wanted $25. I contacted another and they wanted $17, so I ordered it. He said it cost less than the regular plug. Parts manager had not seen or heard of it, he was ordering several to have on hand, thought his techs would like it. It would be nice if Fumoto makes one, no more diesel down the arm, frame or crossmember. Again; Thumbs up to you for getting the Fumoto minds working!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
phantomphixer
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI I have their pics of the adapter. If you want a copy PM me. Just a pic of an adapter and the engineering drwg.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 PM
droffan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Red 5205
Phantomphixer, I read the same blog and was wandering the same thing about a true Fumoto valve for that use. I looked at their site and did not see anything. Thumbs up to you for contacting them and inquiring about it. I contacted my local Ford parts dept. today about the upgraded drain plug with the "T" shaped holder. They wanted $25. I contacted another and they wanted $17, so I ordered it. He said it cost less than the regular plug. Parts manager had not seen or heard of it, he was ordering several to have on hand, thought his techs would like it. It would be nice if Fumoto makes one, no more diesel down the arm, frame or crossmember. Again; Thumbs up to you for getting the Fumoto minds working!

just bought one at ford...$17. finger tight only..

Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
I haven't been under the truck recently, but it seems to me that there is only a few inches of room between the fuel module and the front drive shaft. I'm not sure I'd want anything sticking out there that close to it. It'd have to be very flush with the module.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Ace_boy2786
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see this thread is about a year old but was wondering if any news about this was heard (yay or nay). I was also pondering a way to run some kind of line or something to a remotely mounted fumoto (sp?)/Ball valve, say have it mounted out a fender well or something, no more crawling under the truck at all, Just reach down and drain water. (Haven't looked under my trck for this yet but from what I have read on posts and seen in interwebz pictures, this sounds like a good idea to me. I'd look into one.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,722 Posts
Just remember anything that protrudes and collects water can freeze. The WATER IN FUEL light will come on when approximately 0.2 pints (100 cc or 3.2 oz) of water accumulates in the module.