GoodRide Trailer Tires???

Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink GoodRide Trailer Tires???

Anyone heard of these? just spoke with a salesman at Tire Discounters in Ohio and he says he sells tons of them to folks replacing Carysles.

Says he very rarely gets any complaints on the GoodRides....

He quoted me $480.00 OUT THE DOOR for 4-ST22575R15LRE radial trailer tires including mount, balance, AND METAL bolt in stems.

Whatdayathink?? I can't seem to find out any bad about them on the net, and reviews are good.

http://www.goodridetire.com/

Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM
8iron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no experience with this specific brand.They are manufactured in China by a company that has 9 other tire lines. I am not a fan of Chinese made trailer tires, I have had good and (very) bad experiences with them but it is next to impossible to buy anything else now. If it were me, I would go with an LT tire instead. If you do buy the GoodRide's, just keep an eye on tire pressures and sidewall/tread abnormalities.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,398 Likes on 995 Posts
looks to me like a canada tire. Never heard of them. How can you tell they are chinese?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
8iron
Senior User
Originally Posted by senix
looks to me like a canada tire. Never heard of them. How can you tell they are chinese?
Google...made by Mammon Tyre Int'l Ltd. China. They distribute their various brands all over the world...maybe they are OK but they would be the exception.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM
CougarXR02
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would you expect the salesman to trash a tire he's trying to sell you? Even if it were junk?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Gearitis
Elder User

Boy, I was there with Senix till I took another look and there is was....

Tires - China Westlake Brand Tires,Goodride Brand Tires,Winter Tires in Tyre

The Canadian website would throw you if don't dig a little deeper.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:22 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,398 Likes on 995 Posts
At any rate what this all tells is check the sidewall before purchase. I think that is the only way to ensure a USA tire.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 PM
8iron
Senior User
At any rate what this all tells is check the sidewall before purchase. I think that is the only way to ensure a USA tire.
There's the crutch...there really are no USA made ST tires anymore. Goodyear Marathons were made in the US for a while but have apparently returned manufacturing to China. I cannot confirm this about the Goodyears, I have read it but not seen the actual tires myself. An LT tire will be superior in every way (except price) but there are no 14" LT's and that's what size tires my new TT has?.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

My new TT will have ST22575R15 on it in load range "D" I want to go immeadiatly to a load range "E" I don't think there is a LT tire that will fit my needs.

So IF ALL Trailer tires are made in China then why spend top $$ on them?? why not get the cheapest one in the proper load range and run them?

Not sticking up for the sales guy at Tire Discounters (kinda looks like my DISCOUNT TIRE here in Florida only using a different name in Ohio) but he has 4 lines of trailer tires and each has the size and load range I need, he said he'd be glad to sell me which ever one I wanted.......just shared his findings on the GoodRide.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Gearitis
Elder User

You hit the nail on the head there.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
I use to work for a OTR trucking company and I remember seeing GoodRides tires from time to time and all of them were flat, belts coming apart or they were on the trailer with only the sidewall left. They are CHEAP tires made in China !!! And the reason I remember the tire brand is I would laugh everytime I seen one.
I myself would not put a cheap Chinese tires on anything I own. Pay the extra money and get a quality tire, name brand. I myself have had good luck with Discount Tires, Wheels & ATV | Treadepot.com or Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Ford truck and SUV owners and enthusiasts Community And Information Source.
And like it was already said the salesman is not going to knock a tire he is selling. HE should have tried to upsell you to a name brand if he was a real salesman. But they get about a 200% mark up on cheap tires and 20% on good tires. In the long run it is worth the extra $$ buying a quality tire and the piece of mind. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Are we still against the Carlyses?? can someone put their hands on a US made tire in ST22575R15LRE for me?? if not I'm going to put the Carlyses on when I get home from the trailer pick up-Discount Tire offers a warranty on them here.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 976 Posts
Bet that warranty isn't free!!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

The Tire Discounters place in Ohio offers a warranty on the GoodRides at $480. out the door for 4 mounted, balanced and METAL BOLT-IN stems.
My local Discount Tire is at $520. out the door for 4 Carlyses with a warranty.

I ASK AGAIN: CAN anyone put their hands or eyes on a USA made ST22575R15LRE Trailer tire for me??

Tire Discounters also carries Hurcules Tires........

Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Gearitis
Elder User

I use Maxxis ST radial 225 70 15s load range E and not a problem. They are made in Thailand, I believe. Bought them at Discount Tire, 650 bucks mounted, balanced and new steel valve stems. On the other forums, the Maxxis has the highest respect among ST's. I wanted to put on bigger 16 inch rims and tires but did not have the room. I have put nearly 7500 miles on the Maxxis now and they have been perfect, knock on wood! Carlises have had some bad raps. I had Carlisles on at first and lost the tread after about 200 miles, but they did have some dry rot, so it was my bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GoodRide Trailer Tires???