New 4.2L V6, but NO OIL!

Old 04-12-2003, 02:34 AM
imcdn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 4.2L V6, but NO OIL!

Hi Guys! Unfortunately my first post in under some rather dire circumstances. I picked up my 1997 F150 this pm that just had a remanufactured engine installed by a Ford dealer. After driving it over 20 miles to my house I decided to look under the hood to admire the new installation and just happened to look over all of the fluid levels. No oil was reading on the dip stick. After contacting the dealer and informing them of the situation (they recommended I bring it in Monday to have it topped off) thus I proceeded to do it myself. FOUR AND A HALF LITRES LATER the stick was finally reading a suitable oil level! No engine or warning lights were illuminated. Was this engine likely damaged? Please let me know how should I deal with this situation.

sub4saint
imcdn

Old 04-14-2003, 11:10 AM
PSDChick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down New 4.2L V6, but NO OIL!

Not Good! I would take it back to the dealership! All you need is another engine go bad, but this time in record time. I would'nt accept their "topping it off" response, especially when you had to put in 4 1/2 litres.

I have dealt with Ford for many years, make sure the least you do is have the dealership note the 4 1/2 litres that were put in!

Good luck!

Search this Thread