Newbie coming to the area - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Newbie coming to the area

Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM
01gasser
New User
01gasser is starting off with a positive reputation.
Newbie coming to the area

Hello i am new to this site. I got some questions since i will be moving to the Phoenix area in May . Right now i have an 01 F250 v10 4x4 . I was wondering how are the laws for emissions, lift laws. Right now my truck is not lifted.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Bill W
Post Fiend
Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Hi 01Gasser, vehicle emissions are required for the phoenix area...

maybe this link will help[ Motor Vehicle Division ]

lifted trucks? they must not have many rules because they are everywhere!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
garbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to all
About the only restriction is mudflaps are needed for lift of a certain height. Driving through Mesa is a guaranteed pull over and ticket without them.

I was passed by a truck with at least five feet of lift and 6' tall tires in the HOV lane of the 17 yesterday. I could have driven my T bird under it and never touch anything.

Garbz

Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
01gasser
New User
01gasser is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you. Do you know what the rule is on how high before mudflaps cause i think they look stupid imo.
That is the area i will be around the most cause i am looking at houses in the Chandler, Gilbert area

Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Bill W
Post Fiend
Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
here is some info about lifted trucks in AZ

Lift Laws - Suspension Lifts, Body Lifts, Ride Height

can't be taller than 13' 6" lol

Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
here is the law!
even if you change tire sizes above factory (the size on the sticker on the door post) your truck is considered lifted and must follow the mud flap law.
section C. 1.

28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards

A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.

B. The splash guards:

1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.

2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.

3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.

4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.

5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.

6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.

C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.

3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.
28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.