Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Can You Help This Australian FTE Member?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can You Help This Australian FTE Member?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post11002014

Originally Posted by scottbirdsall
Hey guys

Just wondering if you could help me out, I live in Australia and I am now in need of some parts for my F250. I will be in Tennessee next month, Vonore to be specific and I would like to know where I could go to get some parts.

I need a few suspension bits like steering ball joint etc and an additional oil cooler for the gearbox, may also be in the market for a valve body for the tranny.

And maybe a few other bits whilst I'm there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 11-06-2011, 06:35 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have any of those parts, but I'm sure others in Tennessee have some they'd be willing to sell/trade/give to help out a mate.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:24 PM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
THA KS

Thanks Macgeobuin, It would be great if I could find maybe an f250 accessorie place or something, I have no idea whats out there or where you guys get all your parts from but I assumed youd be able to get them all over the place.

Looking for new if possible as it aint easy to get anything over here so I need it to last, im not bothered about OEM as over here that just means mega expensive.

Thanks guys

Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know where Vonore is in reference to Pull -a-part & U-pick-it parts; but those would be the best resource for salvage yards; you can google there websites; also can you be more specfic on parts needed. Some stuff is interchangeable with newer models ie dent & bummp sides.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 PM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
Thanks Mitch I will check out those web sites.

Here's a more specific list of things I need.

1. All new steering arm ball joints, mine is right hand drive so there is an extra arm, not sure where I'm gonna get those from yet, but the rest will do for now. The steering wheel feels like its connected to the wheels by a bungee cord at the moment.

2. New front rotors and pads.

3. Additional tyranny cooler, was thinking.of one that mounts under the chassis with an electric fan.

4. I have forgotten what it is called but I need a new vacuum valve that controls the hubs, one of the soilenoids has stopped working.

5. New headlights, the standard ones on my truck are rubbish, I want to get rid of the set back lights and get some that are flush with the front if ya know what I mean.

6. I would also like a new grill, I'm not sure but I believe a newer style ford grill will fit.

7. I think I need a new valve pack for the granny, so rather than a new stansard one I was wondering what other options would be better along with mayby a new torque converter, I have done a fair bit of engine tuning including a DP tuner wastegate adjustment, intake and exhaust, and the TC just feels like it doesn't create enough drive. The truck feels like it is not putting the ppower down it is just spinning the TC.
The granny oak not slipping as I have a manual TC lockup switch and have tested for slip by locking it and booting the throttle.

Thats all can think of at the moment, other than this I wondered if there are any places that have the trick bits for for f trucks so I could have a browse, or are all those placed based online over there.

Thanks guys.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hopefully; folks can see your list and assit you in locating parts; sorry I can't do any more than what I've already have; beside it being a F250 could you give more model details; like year etc.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
Originally Posted by Customcab
Hopefully; folks can see your list and assit you in locating parts; sorry I can't do any more than what I've already have; beside it being a F250 could you give more model details; like year etc.
Oops yeah I guess the model would help, its a 2002 4x4 7.3 PSD F250

Thanks

Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's the same Vonore I just looked up on Google - it's about thirty miles outside of downtown Knoxville, to the south southwest. Almost a suburb!

It looks like there's good fishing around there too. It's right near a river.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 AM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
If it's the same Vonore I just looked up on Google - it's about thirty miles outside of downtown Knoxville, to the south southwest. Almost a suburb!

It looks like there's good fishing around there too. It's right near a river.
Yeah thats right, it is just outside of knoxville. In fact Knoxville is where I will be flying into.

Where does everyone get there sapres when they need them, I really only want new, I thought most of the stuff I listed would be available aftermarket, Im just not sure where to look.

Thanks Guys

Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend contacting Ed (see link below) to determine the OEM part #'s for your Super Duty considering that it is an export truck. You might be surprised at the prices from Ed... he is an excellent FTE sponsor. If you want aftermarket parts, you can search the other links below. If you know the address in TN, you can have the parts shipped to that address to avoid international shipping. Otherwise, you can have the parts shipped to your address in Australia.

PartsGuyEd.com
www.partsguyed.com

Aftermarket Sources:

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: Powerstroke Parts | Ford Diesel Parts | Ford - 99-03 Super Duty 7.3L

RockAuto Parts Catalog

eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping

Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 AM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
Originally Posted by Furian
I would recommend contacting Ed (see link below) to determine the OEM part #'s for your Super Duty considering that it is an export truck. You might be surprised at the prices from Ed... he is an excellent FTE sponsor. If you want aftermarket parts, you can search the other links below. If you know the address in TN, you can have the parts shipped to that address to avoid international shipping. Otherwise, you can have the parts shipped to your address in Australia.

PartsGuyEd.com
www.partsguyed.com

Aftermarket Sources:

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: Powerstroke Parts | Ford Diesel Parts | Ford - 99-03 Super Duty 7.3L

RockAuto Parts Catalog

eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping
Thanks Furian, I will check out these sites.

I think ordering the parts and having them sent to vonore will be my only option by the looks of it.

Thanks for all the help

Old 11-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get most of my own stuff through AutoShepherd, (another one of our sponsors) and they are super good about both getting stuff sent out to me fast - and also talking to a live guy at the other end to find hard to get stuff. 1-800-429-9150
Stephen Komlos at AutoShepherd is ASE master certified

~Be sure and tell them you're from FTE!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
scottbirdsall
Junior User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I get most of my own stuff through AutoShepherd, (another one of our sponsors) and they are super good about both getting stuff sent out to me fast - and also talking to a live guy at the other end to find hard to get stuff. 1-800-429-9150
Stephen Komlos at AutoShepherd is ASE master certified

~Be sure and tell them you're from FTE!
Thanks Greywolf, I will check it out.