2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
leroym
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool need help

hello everyone i need real help i have a 2006 f150 super crew 5.4 4x4 my baby is not running right ive done what i could think of to do but now the dealer ship is telling me i might nee a motor it started out as a slow accel problem so i was told to change the pluges so i did still had problem after paying over $1000 at the dealer who broke all the plugs and charged me to take out the broken pluges (BULL****) but still have problem so i was told its the cats after $800 it rides better and the accel is better but now the truck shakes while siting and gets real bad on the highway i was told to check tires and aligenment after $600 on tires still shakes on highway i had the codes read and it said i had misfires that wernt there befor the dealer done the work now im told i need new coilpacks on 3 plugs so after $180 still have problem and now code says misfire #4 so now im told its the fuel injector so after $100 still have problem and now dealer wants to charge me $100 for diagnostics and it may say i need a motor so now after $2680 and who knows how much waisted gas money im drained and need help please and thank you

Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Time to file a complaint with Bureau of Automotive repairs. Basic diagnostic procedures were not performed.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:44 PM
leroym
New User
Thanks im going to do that

Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
hydro_37
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call Ford service direct too

Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
YOU NEED A DIFFERENT DEALER.
And why are you going to the dealer anyway?
You are out of warranty so find a GOOD independent mechanic.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:25 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know this doesn't really help leroym, but it's time to get a haynes manual, do some reading and start doing the work on the truck yourself (if it is at all possible). To me preventative maintenance is to prevent a screwup from working on my truck. I've done everything you've mentioned on my truck myself, with the exception of changing the cat (which I could probably do with either clamps or borrow my buddies welder), and tire alignment, I don't have access to one of those machines. Luckily I have a few trusted friends in the mechanic trade that I can turn to when there is something completely out of my reach or I don't have the tools to work on it with. You end up collecting a few tools, (I already have quite a few as I was in the aftermarket industry at one time), but for the kind of money you've spent already, I would rather have the satisfaction of having the tools to show for it, and the satisfaction of knowing the job was done right and that I was not getting ripped off. I actually enjoy working on my truck (when it's needed) and that is always a big plus when doing things yourself. Sorry if this post offends you, I don't mean for it to, I'm just trying point out one suggestion. You really need to find a mechanic you trust in the meantime, to figure out what's going on with your ride

Old 10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Rudeman
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leroym
hello everyone i need real help i have a 2006 f150 super crew 5.4 4x4 my baby is not running right ive done what i could think of to do but now the dealer ship is telling me i might nee a motor it started out as a slow accel problem so i was told to change the pluges so i did still had problem after paying over $1000 at the dealer who broke all the plugs and charged me to take out the broken pluges (BULL****) but still have problem so i was told its the cats after $800 it rides better and the accel is better but now the truck shakes while siting and gets real bad on the highway i was told to check tires and aligenment after $600 on tires still shakes on highway i had the codes read and it said i had misfires that wernt there befor the dealer done the work now im told i need new coilpacks on 3 plugs so after $180 still have problem and now code says misfire #4 so now im told its the fuel injector so after $100 still have problem and now dealer wants to charge me $100 for diagnostics and it may say i need a motor so now after $2680 and who knows how much waisted gas money im drained and need help please and thank you

Be sure to tell the dealership and Ford that the original reason for bringing it in for service has not been solved. Regardless of what was done the problem still exists.

They failed to fix it.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
leroym
New User
none taken

Originally Posted by mitch150
I know this doesn't really help leroym, but it's time to get a haynes manual, do some reading and start doing the work on the truck yourself (if it is at all possible). To me preventative maintenance is to prevent a screwup from working on my truck. I've done everything you've mentioned on my truck myself, with the exception of changing the cat (which I could probably do with either clamps or borrow my buddies welder), and tire alignment, I don't have access to one of those machines. Luckily I have a few trusted friends in the mechanic trade that I can turn to when there is something completely out of my reach or I don't have the tools to work on it with. You end up collecting a few tools, (I already have quite a few as I was in the aftermarket industry at one time), but for the kind of money you've spent already, I would rather have the satisfaction of having the tools to show for it, and the satisfaction of knowing the job was done right and that I was not getting ripped off. I actually enjoy working on my truck (when it's needed) and that is always a big plus when doing things yourself. Sorry if this post offends you, I don't mean for it to, I'm just trying point out one suggestion. You really need to find a mechanic you trust in the meantime, to figure out what's going on with your ride
im not offened i have done some of the work i done one of the coils and the fuel injecter im a maintenance tech but i work on huge washers and dryers so i can figure sum stuff out but just not this but thanks for the advice i had'nt thought to go get the book

Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 PM
leroym
New User
thanks do u mean the main headquaters

Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
leroym
New User
Originally Posted by shorebird
YOU NEED A DIFFERENT DEALER.
And why are you going to the dealer anyway?
You are out of warranty so find a GOOD independent mechanic.
i was changeing the spark plugs and one broke so i had it towed in because i couldnt find any body to do the job outside of ford

Old 10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-LIS65600.../dp/B00267PZUK
The tool for removing the broken plug.

Lots of satisfaction doing this job and thumbing your nose at the dealers service department.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did you check the fuel pump or the oil

Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
leroym
New User
Originally Posted by 2006 F-150 FordSter
did you check the fuel pump or the oil
not yet but thanks ill check it now and the fuel pump later thanks for the advice

Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
ford-lover
Senior User
Did the fuel filter ever get changed out? I'll try to start with the easy / cheap stuff first.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 AM
leroym
New User
Originally Posted by ford-lover
Did the fuel filter ever get changed out? I'll try to start with the easy / cheap stuff first.
thanks im going to do that today its a cheap part but i hope its it thanks again for the advice

Quick Reply: need help