Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT- Dad passed away, F1 good therapy

Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
OT- Dad passed away, F1 good therapy

I know this is off topic, but My 87 year old Father passed away yesterday after a long bout with alzthimers. It was a blessing for him as He was down to about 80 lbs ( from 180 ). I pondered wether or not i should post this, and decided that many you feel like family to me and you would understand how much just tinkering with my exaust helps with all the feelings that creep up at times like this. My Dad was so proud of what Ive acomplished on the truck. This is not a time for sadness as I know where He has gone. But just another thing that bonds Me with my truck. Thank you for you understanding. And thank you to the folks who prayed for him. (JIMMY)

Old 11-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Moe Craig
Postmaster
Moe Craig is a name known to allMoe Craig is a name known to allMoe Craig is a name known to allMoe Craig is a name known to allMoe Craig is a name known to allMoe Craig is a name known to all
My preys and warm regrets for the passing of your father... He lives one in your memories!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
My condolences, Jim. I was there myself about a year and a half ago with my Dad's passing. He didn't have Alzheimer's but other issues that had him withering away to nothing. He was only 73. So I understand your feelings about being happy for him and knowing he's better now in a better place. Just keep the good memories and know he's with you whenever you're in the garage or out on a good, long cruise. God bless and take care my friend.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Stephen67 has a great reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a great reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a great reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a great reputation on FTE.
My condolences, my father pasted last year at 59. S**t sucks.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
My condolences to you Jim, Alzheimer's is a terrible disease.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 AM
OK F1
Senior User
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time. I hope you will find some measure of comfort while driving your truck with the memory of the man he was being your companion during your life's journey.

I only know of you what I've read in this forum, but I've come to know you as a caring, considerate, generous, positive, and encouraging person. No doubt many of these qualities were instilled in you by your father. I know you will miss him, but there is no question part of him will continue to live on in you and everyone who knew him.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
truckeemtnfords
Postmaster
truckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud oftruckeemtnfords has much to be proud of
Jim,
Sorry about your dad, mine was two years ago Feb and Mom has alzheimers. It is tough but staying busy really helps.

Good luck on the exhaust and maybe you need to make it loud so your dad can hear it from heaven.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 AM
1949f1
Elder User
1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.
sorry for your loss jim.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
My prayers are with you Jim. Remember all the good times.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:30 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
my condolences for your loss.

I am glad you posted.. I too feel this is a special place.

Sam

Old 11-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
I'm sorry to hear that. And, yes, Alzheimer's is a horrible disease.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM
BACAGrizz
Posting Guru
BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
Sorry to hear it Jim. Hang in there.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.
Jim, So sorry for your loss.
Keith

Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 AM
BadAss Beaver
Senior User
BadAss Beaver is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My condolences on the passing of your dad, Jim. From your post, it's obvious that you have received God's comfort and peace, and that you know His timing and grace are always perfect. I'm glad you decided to post and share this very personal event with us. I don't think it is as "OT" as you may have first thought. Yeah I know we're about old trucks, but it seems we're also about caring and compassion for one another. Sorry for your loss. Each time you're "alone" with the F1, have some great thought or memory of your dad. Blesssings.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Bittersweet times for you Jimmy...hard to lose someone who has been such a prominent figure in your life but there is a joy in knowing that he is in a better place now. Thoughts and prayers go out for you and your bride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT- Dad passed away, F1 good therapy

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.