any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)
Reload this Page >

any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition)

Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 PM
V10Pride
New User
V10Pride is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have been in communication with trickflow about the possibility of making 2 valve cylinder heads for the v10. In our conversation, I mentioned to them since they already have the design/layout(autocad) of the cylinder heads and all they would need to do is add two cylinders. They told me to post here and if there is enough interest it can become a reality.

Think about it those cylinder heads made awesome power on an engine 2.2 liters smaller, imagine what this beast can do. I seen those heads flow 300 cfm.

any interest, please express it.
I declare this the official petition(interest) list
1. Felipe Garcia

Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
kas83
Senior User
kas83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If price isnt too far out from reman'd stockers, Im game. Would be an excellent upgrade to early heads prone to blowing plugs out, cracking etc. I'll second the petition.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
F250saleen
Junior User
F250saleen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Count me in!!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:45 PM
V10Pride
New User
price will be about the same as the 4.6/5.4 trickflow heads. I'm glad this is having some interest.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:02 PM
TAS420
New User
TAS420 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am in if the price is not out of hand .

Old 10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
F250saleen
Junior User
F250saleen is starting off with a positive reputation.
What about cams think they will make cams for the v10 with same specs they sell already?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
This would be a great thread for Mike at 5 Star to participate in----think of the possibities he could add to any development of such head design!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Krewat
Super Moderator
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Subscribed. Not that I'm interested in them, just wondering where this will go

I would like to add a few things though...

One, without a custom cam, I'm not sure what they're heads are capable of adding to the equation. Two, what ARE the prices of their 5.4/4.6 heads?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Krewat
Super Moderator
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Subscribed. Not that I'm interested in them, just wondering where this will go

I would like to add a few things though...

One, without a custom cam, I'm not sure what they're heads are capable of adding to the equation. Two, what ARE the prices of their 5.4/4.6 heads?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Fishing_Uncle
Senior User
Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds like a great idea.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Skoda is starting off with a positive reputation.
i dont mean to burst a bubble but... PI heads ported do better then trickflow heads.

compcams has v-10 cams availlible, a custom grind tho

Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 PM
V10Pride
New User
sorry guys there is not enough interest.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
maxxoffroad
Junior User
maxxoffroad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Comp don't have cams for the Ford V10 anymore. Before I sold my truck talked to comp to try to get some when I was thinking about keeping it and doing the pi head swap.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
bdivine32
Senior User
bdivine32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
PI Heads

Originally Posted by maxxoffroad View Post
Comp don't have cams for the Ford V10 anymore. Before I sold my truck talked to comp to try to get some when I was thinking about keeping it and doing the pi head swap.
Sorry, but i am assumming PI is a manufacturer of headz for the v10. I have never heart of them. I just assummed that was a name for the old 2 valvers. What do they run in price? Whefe do i pick up a set? I am always looking for mods for my v10. I was going to get a supercharger till i found out that all i can find is a paxton s.c. and 5k+ for ony another 150 horses. I have been trying to see if i could get the 3 valve'rs
To fit. I need to make a compleatle list of all the. Mods i can make. Are there better cams for the stock heads? And what do these PI heads cost? Very interrsted.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Krewat
Super Moderator
PI heads are "Performance Improved" heads introduced by Ford for the entire line of modular engines, 4.6, 5.4, and V10.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition)

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.