any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition) - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)
Reload this Page >

any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition)

Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any interest on trickflow 2 valve heads (Petition)

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
kas83
Senior User
kas83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh really, lol. Can't see locations or sigs on my phone. Maybe I'll have to hit the computer up soon.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
bdivine32
Senior User
bdivine32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Kits

Originally Posted by Ironhand03 View Post
Your 2 hours north of me.
Hey I noticed your Signature line that you are some sort of developer or mechanical engineer? What is a H/C/I kit? Head, Cam, Intake? Just a guess. and blower kits. I take it for the mustangs. Makes me wish I kept my 08 Sprort-Trac Limited. It had the 300 horse Mustang 4.6.

And hey, when your ready to test your 6.8, I would be more than happy to drive over there. Drag my Camp Trailor and boat over. Always wanted to go waleye fishing! Besides, I'm on disablity and have nothing better to do.. Have leads on a used centrifical blower?
Just thought I would ask...

Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Ironhand03
Posting Guru
Ironhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputationIronhand03 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bdivine32 View Post
Hey I noticed your Signature line that you are some sort of developer or mechanical engineer? What is a H/C/I kit? Head, Cam, Intake? Just a guess. and blower kits. I take it for the mustangs. Makes me wish I kept my 08 Sprort-Trac Limited. It had the 300 horse Mustang 4.6.

And hey, when your ready to test your 6.8, I would be more than happy to drive over there. Drag my Camp Trailor and boat over. Always wanted to go waleye fishing! Besides, I'm on disablity and have nothing better to do.. Have leads on a used centrifical blower?
Just thought I would ask...

I am self proclaimed engineer. lol Actually, I am self taught and Im trying to fill the void for several platforms. Its just a slow process and a learning curve for me.

H/C/I. Heads, Cam, and Intake. Its what Im working on for the V-10 currently. It will take me a little while to get it together due to costs involved but once I get close then I will let everyone know.

What type and size centri are you looking for?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
reaper75032
Junior User
reaper75032 is starting off with a positive reputation.
first of all make sure your overdrive is off... it it is then slow down and put the truck in 2.. 2nd gear. this will pick up rpms... if you do alot of hill grades and towing , i would recommend a set of maybe 4.11, or 4.56 gears.. that will help tremendously... but dont do a nitrous kit. you wont be able to run it but about 20 seconds.. especially a sneaky pete.. by then the bottle will be empty if you havent melted a valve
Originally Posted by bdivine32 View Post
I knows its been a while since we habe been chatting aboit this, but is there a problem with the stock intake on the v10?
My prob with mine is, when i am towing the heavy loads, i have a hard time keeping the rpms up. Which in turn birns up the tranny. I have been considering a cheater nitrous kit for the one major pass that is a over zelous truck owners nightmare. (This pass is 15 miles at a 7% + grade) Especially late 90's to early 2000's gas or desiel Ford Sd's have lost either fluid or thier tranny all together. A towing nightmare. I have seen tractor-trailors on the side of the road with melted turbos.
I think the only pickups i have seen go over this pass with half a load on and lots of black smoke are the Dodges. That inline moster 6 cyl.
Well, if i can get my 3v swap done and add as big of a tranny cooler i can find and fan back it (i have added a 16' boat to the. Mix) and try that. If that dont work, then i guess i will be either trying the nitrouswith some sort of gradual boost, or calling up my engenieer friend and see if he cant design and build me a mount for a turbo. Just wish i had the ol 76 my father left me. Might be easyier to rip it all out and put a ford racing 429 backup to a 6 speed manual.. THAT WOULD BE FUN.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:52 AM
bdivine32
Senior User
bdivine32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Parts

Originally Posted by Ironhand03 View Post
I am self proclaimed engineer. lol Actually, I am self taught and Im trying to fill the void for several platforms. Its just a slow process and a learning curve for me.

H/C/I. Heads, Cam, and Intake. Its what Im working on for the V-10 currently. It will take me a little while to get it together due to costs involved but once I get close then I will let everyone know.

What type and size centri are you looking for?
Probably a procharger. annd I thik a "C" seiries. not for sure. There have been a few used ones go through in the classifieds for $500 but I was too late both times. I am not trying to build a racer, just a 450-500 horse would be fine by me. I am buying a topend from on 06 3v and gonna make that work. I guess that if I use the same 99 pcm, I should be able to make it run. They say the most major deal if movingg the cam sensor from the right side to the left. and some thing about making a new sensor tab on the cam gear. thats wear I get confused. If you use the 06 timming gears and chains and cams, you would think everything would be fine. but I am not exaclty sure what the deal is. I will get it figured out. I will have too get a new tune on my PCM through SCT, so I figered while I was at it, I would either put a turbo on it, a centrifical blower or MAYBE try wetcheater nitrous kit. Just have to figure out a slow introduction of nitrous or risk tearing up stuff. Rather turbo it... thats what everyone says to do. more bang for the buck. and should be fairly easy to adapt.
Also have a cam company that will put a new grind on the cams as well.

But I knoe how expensive getting the right machines and or tooling can be! a lile expensive to be a hobby unless u have access to it. I ran a Auto machine shop for a long time, and I loved it. I had a 70 chevelle that I used as my tinker toy... Wish i still had an old boring bar, and the old style valve grinding stones. Ihave a awsome dremmel setup for light mods and porting. have me a new compressor comming on the first so I can use the old peanut grinder for some good ol cuting and grinding.
would love to have an 428 sitting on an engine stand right now that I could buid hen rip out the v10 and replace it. Then look at Fords Racing v10 concept. Its bullet proof!
Well, didn't mean to talk you to death. just nice to talk to a fellow "self-taught" engineer. A lot of fun!
Thanx for he chat
Bryan