S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Trailer storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:18 AM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer storage

I just found heard recently that im not allowed to store a TT/TR in my driveway blocking my garage.

So does anyone know any local places for storage and good rates im in the south bay LA area. There's a place in Santa Clarita for $120 a month that a buddy was telling me about but that's a hike from where I am.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 AM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks

Have you ever used them?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, but I have a neighbor who used to store his TT there. As far as I know he was happy with them.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Fishing_Uncle
Senior User
Just a few things to keep in mind during your search is what are the access hours. It is always nice if they have a pumpout as well.

Is there a direction you normally travel from the South Bay when on a trip? It might be worth it to store it heading in your favorite direction ... it could save you tow time and gas.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Did you get cited, Ruben? Or just looking to stay legal?

I ask because, in many cities, you can park it in your driveway as long as none of the trailer extends past the front of the house. Other cities you cannot store them at home, period, even in your own backyard. So it would be good to know the exact languauge in your town, without showing up on their radar.

If you have a homeowners covenant agreement, then that's a whole nother layer of bureaucrats.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by bpounds
Did you get cited, Ruben? Or just looking to stay legal?

I ask because, in many cities, you can park it in your driveway as long as none of the trailer extends past the front of the house. Other cities you cannot store them at home, period, even in your own backyard. So it would be good to know the exact languauge in your town, without showing up on their radar.

If you have a homeowners covenant agreement, then that's a whole nother layer of bureaucrats.

No citation just looking into things before hand since i want to be legal and i have a councilmen who lives 2 doors down. he said its illegal to block the garage which i think is BS and just might be him saying that cuz he doesnt want one to be stored in the driveway u knwo how some people are so im going to look into it myself and make sure he is telling me the truth. and my driveway there is no sidewalk its just driveway then street.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
What city?

Pop

Old 10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by VONxRUBENxLA
...i have a councilmen who lives 2 doors down...
Bummer. That's gonna complicate it.

I can sort of understand people who don't like to see them in front of the houses. It blocks the view of the street for folks backing out of their driveways, and generally detracts from the asthetics of the neighborhood. Even though I think you oughta be able to do whatever the hell you want on your own property.

It is danged expensive in urban LA to store RV's. It gets much cheaper as you get further out toward the desert or even up in the SJ valley. Obviously the convenience factor goes way down too.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
barthel
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ruben,

Look into the city code yourself, don't take the "councilman's" word for it.

Torrance has some of the most restrictive RV parking regulations in the South Bay. My TH is parked in my driveway, in front of but not blocking access to my garage, and is set back off the sidewalk enough for my wife to park her SUV in front of it, and I am fine with the Torrance Muni Code.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:29 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by barthel
Ruben,

Look into the city code yourself, don't take the "councilman's" word for it.

Torrance has some of the most restrictive RV parking regulations in the South Bay. My TH is parked in my driveway, in front of but not blocking access to my garage, and is set back off the sidewalk enough for my wife to park her SUV in front of it, and I am fine with the Torrance Muni Code.

very true. it wont block access to it since its a roll up do so i would still beable to access it so it will be right infront of my garage. dont get me wrong it will limit but not block access. if parked right we should still beable to park another car right next to it in the driveway still

Old 10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
barthel
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VONxRUBENxLA
if parked right we should still beable to park another car right next to it in the driveway still
That's the way I do it. The trailer is on the right side, my truck is parked next to it on the left, which is in front of the garage (door facing the truck), then my wife's car in front of the trailer. My driveway is not all that large, but if packed right it can be done and still stay within the municipal code.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:35 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
What city?

Pop
Lomita.....

Old 10-26-2011, 02:36 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
I've got a buddy that has the same problem as you.
If you would like, I'll contact him and find out the skinny on where he keeps his.
He lives out there also.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by turbohunter
I've got a buddy that has the same problem as you.
If you would like, I'll contact him and find out the skinny on where he keeps his.
He lives out there also.
that would be good thanks. or u can have him shoot me a email @ vonruben01@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Trailer storage