Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

October Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
October Chat/All Topic Thread

Apparently we've lost Joe somewhere around here......

Vacation time is upon me again! What to do, what to do since my wife's vacation was canceled two weeks ago. I'm sure I'll figure something out. It will be nice and quite soon, since the air show wraps up today along with Bikes, Blues & BBQ. Been a little noisy in this part of the state since Thursday.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Pulled the first load with her this weekend. 12' long x 3' wide roller. One you fill with water & pack a field down. The "frame" part of it stuck off 6"-8" off each side & a couple feet off the back. The rear of the overload spring just barely touched. Pulled it really good. Only had to drop down to 3rd gear once on a big hill that every truck has to down shift on.
If it had been a 6.0L..you wouldn't have needed to down shift. But then I'm sure it would have cracked an injector on the way back after dropping the roller off.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running 55mph empty, your transmission would have down shifted. Gary's dodge has to even though its hopped up. Im just waiting for him to bend or snap the frame. 17,320 empty with a gooseneck. From when I was looking at trailers, one like his should be in the 7000-8000 lbs range. Ya, the truck weighs a lot.

Sorry to post a dodge but yall will probably get a kick out of it. What cant be seen is the transfer tank/tool box combo & 5th wheel. An actual 5th off a semi truck.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
woops, is it October already?

no offense to you or Gary man, but that thing is ugly as sin..lol

Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
woops, is it October already?
It's all good lead man, we'll just let you buy breakfast at IHOP this morning.
Originally Posted by tojoski
no offense to you or Gary man, but that thing is ugly as sin..lol
I wasn't going to say anything like that...but I won't argue against ya' either I will say this, I beat it's straight pipe'd...which means you can hear that dude for MILES.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Speaking of odd looking Dodges....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10879917

The whole thread is entertaining to say the least, but that photo is in a league of it's own.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see you found your issue with the injectors Zach, I was in Ft. Smith over the weekend for the airshow. Thought about looking you up, to see if you "really" got that 6.0 fixed, lol. Not really just to meet you I guess.

Originally Posted by zhilton
Replaced the #2 injector in the Pavement Princess and everything is well in my world again. I'd go looking for a 7.3L to pick on but Scott would make the trip from Jacksonville...I'm not feeling that frisky.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 PM
TheWhiteBeast
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone want a 92 4x4 with a 5.0? I would really need $2500 to get rid of her. I have done a TON of work to it, broken my back for the next owner!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TheWhiteBeast
Anyone want a 92 4x4 with a 5.0? I would really need $2500 to get rid of her. I have done a TON of work to it, broken my back for the next owner!
Sounds like a nice truck but it should be posted in the AR for sale section of the chapter.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Looks like I dont have to buy a new alternator!!! Jumpered 12v to the field terminal & voltage worked its way up to 14.xx!!! Now I just gotta spend $15 or so on a regulator.

Other good news, pot of beans cooking for dinner tonight!!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning/afternoon gentlemen. Looks like my week long vacation ends tomorrow...guess I'll have to wait until 1/01/12 before I get any more "paid days off". Even though this week hasn't gone as I planned it 6 months ago when I submitted the request...it's been a good week. Got to watch my son in a rather exciting (for the PeeWee league) football game on Tuesday...they didn't win, but it was still quite exciting for me. Learned that I'd rather not own a late model Expedition; helped a buddy replace the power steering pump on a '06. Then yesterday for another dose of pain & suffering, the starter in a Dodge Caravan. Yip, replacing fuel injectors in a 6.0L are WAY easier and compared to the power steering pump...cheaper. Oh, and almost forgot...on Wednesday celebrated our 15th anniversary. I keep asking Mrs. Hilton "what in the world were you thinking that day?".
Looks like I dont have to buy a new alternator!!! Jumpered 12v to the field terminal & voltage worked its way up to 14.xx!!! Now I just gotta spend $15 or so on a regulator.
That's great to hear, simple & less costly repair is my favorite type of repair. Though after yesterday's Dodge experince...I think fire would have helped me
Other good news, pot of beans cooking for dinner tonight!!
That maybe a matter of opinion...the consumer of the beans or recipient of by-products

Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Turns out that $20 regulator may have been a waste. The field wire on the alternator had a loose connector. After a few trips around the block & over the hill its putting out just over 14v. Now to let it sit for a bit then check starting it while warm/hot.

I sure as hell will enjoy them. We are used to farts around here. My Doberman could out stink a grown man fart on a 3 day drunk that has ate only beans. She eats eggs, whole thigh quarters (chicken) & a little ol roy & outputs plenty.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
Thought about looking you up, to see if you "really" got that 6.0 fixed, lol. Not really just to meet you I guess.
Ya' should have PM'd me; I would have gone and drank a cup of coffee (or ice tea) with you and shot the breeze. I took the boy out to the air show on Sunday to look at the displays. We've seen the Thunderbirds and most of the demo teams several times before, so that wasn't a high-light. Heck, we can sit on the front porch and see everything that's going on 150 ft & up at the airshow. And in a former career I was able to take him out to the range where the A-10 "practice their profession".

Alan, I keep meaning to ask you...that WM in your avaitar; is that the one right there off Hwy 71 in Rogers? Just north of the new Hank's? If so, could you get some of your buddies to thin the deer herd? Stupid things like to stand in the middle of the highway. Stock SD front ends aren't deer resistant.
I sure as hell will enjoy them. We are used to farts around here. My Doberman could out stink a grown man fart on a 3 day drunk that has ate only beans. She eats eggs, whole thigh quarters (chicken) & a little ol roy & outputs plenty.
Remind me..if we (AR chapter) have a camp out somewhere...to not set my trailer up next to yours & stay up wind.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Stock SD front ends aren't deer resistant.

Remind me..if we (AR chapter) have a camp out somewhere...to not set my trailer up next to yours & stay up wind.

Build a light duty cow killer, more like knock on cow on its butt bumper, that fits close to the body & goes with the lines.

Camping isnt that bad. All you gotta worry about then is getting tangled up in her chain or running into her at night.

We went camping last year with some friends out at horsehead. She was fine until I woke up at 5am to get my son a drink & she got out of her collar & was running to woods. 1/2 hour of freaking out & calling for her. Whats funny is Aaron woke up at 3am-ish & thought I just let her off to run around.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Evening gentlemen.
Build a light duty cow killer, more like knock on cow on its butt bumper, that fits close to the body & goes with the lines.
I've got my eye on a Ranch Hand Legend...just can't quite commit myself to unload the $$$ for one.

My welding "skills" aren't that great so I'd either have to buy one or pay someone to build it. But if something happens to the bumper I've got now (3rd one for this truck) I'm going to figure out a way to get the RH Legend. Maybe that black & chrome Prius that has cut me off three different times in Springdale will think twice...maybe not. Have I ever told y'all how much I despise all those Prius' clogging the highways?
Camping isnt that bad. All you gotta worry about then is getting tangled up in her chain or running into her at night.
I was talking about the methane...not the dog. We've got a 90# lab at the house. Humor is watching a 11 year & a lab "share" a twin sized bed. Personally the dog can sleep on the floor just fine. But the boy seems to think the dog needs to be in his bed.

And with this I've reached 2000 posts, maybe I need to get a life?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
New life, nah, Ive got nearly 3000 on one paintball forum (plus nearly 20,000 posts in the shout box) in 2.5 years.

I can understand about the dog in bed. Mine would sleep at the foot of mine before I started dating my wife. In my spot when I wasnt in bed. Got a bigger bed & she did the same. Several times she has pushed my wife out of bed while sleeping.

Quick Reply: October Chat/All Topic Thread