Sponsored by: DP Tuner

tire salesman

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
tire salesman

I think they all graduate from the same school. Just got back from Firestone WITHOUT my new tires. I called them, told them the situation, i needed them mounted by 1pm, this was 11:00am, when i called. The guy says, "sure, no problem, come on over". The store is 10 minutes away. Well, i get there, get the paperwork going, hand my keys so they can read the odometer, he comes back, mentions the price, but also mentions, no need to pay, til the job is done, THEN he proceeds to say, it'll be 2-1/2hr wait... I said, wth happened to the, come on over, we'll take care of ya", bullsh&#...All he could do is apologize. I grabbed my keys and walked out.

Got home, called up Big-O, and they say, 2hr wait, and i mention, well, least ur honest...roll'n there in lil over an hour, and at same price.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
I know the tire places always seem to fib on the time. I have to say that time I went to discount tire I was out in 45 min.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406
I know the tire places always seem to fib on the time. I have to say that time I went to discount tire I was out in 45 min.
Discount Tire and Americas Tire Co are the same company. I have had great luck with Americas Tire, they have treated me well, and I they have earned me as a loyal customer. Last time I went in for a (free) tire rotation I was greeted by name and the tech asked me detailed questions (from memory) about my work while he filled in the information on the computer.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had similar good experiences with Americas tire.

Last time I was in for a rotation and balance they took way longer than expected. Normally I am in and out in 30 to 45 min...well they started apologizing profusely at an hour. My tire's/wheel's where giving them fits trying to balance them and they ended up having to measure run out on each tire and rim and match them up as good as possible to get it where they were comfortable.

All in all it took almost 2 hours but my truck is smoother that it has ever been and this is my 5th set of tires on it. The whole time they kept up dating me on where they where at and then forced me to take a $200 off coupon for my next set of tires.

The really cool part is i never said a word....I was lost in angry birds land in the waiting room, never once did I approach them to ask what was taking so long etc .In fact I told them I would rather they take their time and do it right.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:27 PM
jc8825
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^This. I always go to Discount Tire (America's Tire in some markets) and have been treated fairly every time. They are quick, they have good customer service, you can watch them install the tires, they will price match local competitors, can special order ANY tire that is manufactured, offer lifetime full replacement warranties, will rotate and re-balance free for the life of the tires, will fix flats and leaks for free, and will do free air checks anytime. I don't see why anyone goes anywhere else.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Les Schwab used to be IT around here, the corporate HQ is about 15 miles away. When Les started handing control over about 8 years ago things started going down hill fast as far as customer service....then he went and died 4 years ago and now the customer service is ****e.

Les was one down to earth guy, First time I met him was in line at the Arctic Circle in Prineville Oregon. We where Chatting about a wild fire up the road a ways and some one walked buy and said hello Mr Schwab..he said hello back adn we kept chatting. Then he got his food, walked out and jumped in his old S19 blazer and took off. Guy was worth a billion dollars and driving an s10 blazer.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Remember this next time. Discount Tire takes appointments. I have scheduled every set I have bought for a specific time. Usually roll in there, get serviced right away and out quickly. You just have to plan ahead a little bit.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
You know, i'm not one to bitch, i'd just throw it in the dudes' face, which i did, but it rubbed me the wrong way. i got home, lit up the puter, found the website to Firestone's corporate messages to send to, and bam, threw out a complaint.

Get this, on my way to Big-O, at 3:00pm, headed down the freeway, i get an unknown # calling, what ya know, its Firestone, here in my town, asking me, to come in, and they will make it right. Making it right, to the tune of 500 buks OTD, for all 4, 285/75-16E...

I swear, between the first trip to Firestone, than the 1/2hr jot to Big-O and now back, think i'm breaking even...lol

Tires mounted 8am in da morning..woohoo.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by woodnthings
Remember this next time. Discount Tire takes appointments. I have scheduled every set I have bought for a specific time. Usually roll in there, get serviced right away and out quickly. You just have to plan ahead a little bit.
Wood, i'm all for planning ahead, but i needed to be outta there at 1pm today, to make an important family function. When the dude on the other end of your line, saying...NO PROBLEM, well, i take that as no problem, right? I'm 10minutes from them, and hit them up at 11am, from his words, it was an in/out business transaction.

If he/they would've said, nah cant do it, will take XXX many hrs, then cool, i can deal with that, and make other arrangements...

Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jc8825
^This. I always go to Discount Tire (America's Tire in some markets) and have been treated fairly every time. They are quick, they have good customer service, you can watch them install the tires, they will price match local competitors, can special order ANY tire that is manufactured, offer lifetime full replacement warranties, will rotate and re-balance free for the life of the tires, will fix flats and leaks for free, and will do free air checks anytime. I don't see why anyone goes anywhere else.

This pretty well describes the Les Schwab store in Carson City.

They are getting a new computer system set up, may be done, which addresses my only complaint about the place. Why? Because I have probably bought fifteen sets of tires and numerous other things and services from them. And there is turnover. So when I go in there and get a newer counter man/woman, they have no Idea that I have been a good customer for many years. Other than that, they are dynomite. And prices have always been fair.