1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

do you think they will total my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Action4478
You don't know what you are talking about ..
Are you sure? I might, at least for the State of Texas

Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
mountaineer27
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were a no-fault state. i just cant understand how a state can be no-fault. he hit me hence he should pay...... no-fault sounds unconstitutional to me.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
Are you sure? I might, at least for the State of Texas
How about posting one incident of an non insured driver getting his car/truck repaired without having collision coverage in a no fault state ....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
mountaineer27
Posting Guru
You don't get to slide by without collision & get to benefit when you crash
How am i "sliding by"? He hit me because he was speeding and driving reckless.

if i was to put my truck in the ditch then yes i should pay to fix it but i didnt do anything wrong. so now i have to suffer because this coke head screwed up. im im not the only one that had to pay.... a poor kid lost his life

Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Originally Posted by mountaineer27
How am i "sliding by"? He hit me because he was speeding and driving reckless.

if i was to put my truck in the ditch then yes i should pay to fix it but i didnt do anything wrong. so now i have to suffer because this coke head screwed up. im im not the only one that had to pay.... a poor kid lost his life
If you live in a no fault state you will get what you paid for ...Coke head or not ...

Pay attention , you have the coverage you asked for . Good luck ...Maybe Chis will pay for your truck . I didn't make the no fault law ....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
How am i "slidinig by
If you want your truck fixed , you need to have the coverage ...

Old 10-12-2011, 09:22 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
were a no-fault state. i just cant understand how a state can be no-fault. he hit me hence he should pay...... no-fault sounds unconstitutional to me.
No fault doesn't mean someone can't be found at fault. It just means that unless there is a clear fault (as in described in a police report or accepted by the insurance adjuster) you have to fight to prove fault. Have you tried contacting the other insurance company directly and filing a claim? That probably won't work, but every once in a blue moon someone gets lucky.

How about posting one incident of an non insured driver getting his car/truck repaired without having collision coverage in a no fault state ....
Texas is a no fault state. Years ago I had (and still do) a old 64 pick up that was hit by a 16 year old driver. I only had liability and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage on the vehicle. I did not pay a single penny to get my truck fixed.

Granted I would have had to pay my deductible if subrogation had not worked, and there's also a good chance that the OP wouldn't be asking about insurance if he had this type of coverage, but then again, how many people really understand all the insurance coverage they have?

Oh, and I've had an adjusters license in the State of Texas for the last 25 years or so. I don't know the laws in MI, but I think we just took game 4

Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Jeff I'd like to say I know what what you are dealing with but I can't. Bottom line is your listen to a bunch of different opinions from people with insurance in different states witch are all different my advice would be to talk to your insurance agent and see what options you have and what route you can go with it.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
No fault doesn't mean someone can't be found at fault. It just means that unless there is a clear fault (as in described in a police report or accepted by the insurance adjuster) you have to fight to prove fault. Have you tried contacting the other insurance company directly and filing a claim? That probably won't work, but every once in a blue moon someone gets lucky.

Texas is a no fault state. Years ago I had (and still do) a old 64 pick up that was hit by a 16 year old driver. I only had liability and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage on the vehicle. I did not pay a single penny to get my truck fixed.

Granted I would have had to pay my deductible if subrogation had not worked, and there's also a good chance that the OP wouldn't be asking about insurance if he had this type of coverage, but then again, how many people really understand all the insurance coverage they have?

Oh, and I've had an adjusters license in the State of Texas for the last 25 years or so. I don't know the laws in MI, but I think we just took game 4
So no fault means something else in Texas...I doubt it

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts

Depends on the state and how the cops write it up.

My family mostly lives in FL, another "No Fault" state. My sister got hit. She was parked, not moving. STILL had to pay the insurance company, AND her rates went up. Just saying.

I'm glad I live in a "normal insurance" state... I have full coverage on my truck with $100 deductibles. Best deal money can spend. My last truck had $5,000 damage done to it. Cost me $100 to fix, including ALL new parts and a fresh paint job.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Hit while parked is a totally different situation ...Liability covers it ...

Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
mountaineer27
Posting Guru
If you want your truck fixed , you need to have the coverage ...
and why should i have to pay for someones mistake? i have to go see my insurance agent tomarrow so ill see whats up. i understand what your saying as far as the law goes but to claim im trying to "slide by" is very offensive.

and if a state is going to pass a law for no-fault then part of that law should include everyone having full-coverage. the way you explain no-fault make absolutly no sense.

theres no way they can tell me i cant sue..... theres always away to sue.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Under no-fault automobile insurance laws, the good driver does not have to prove that the crash was somebody else’s fault before getting his money. His insurance company picks up medical bills, rehabilitation costs and lost wages up to the amount he purchased. The tradeoff is the injured person cannot sue the other driver for pain and suffering, emotional distress and inconvenience. (If you live in a no-fault state, the no-fault portion of your auto insurance policy is usually called PIP or Personal Injury Protection.)

At present, there are 12 states that have no fault insurance:

Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
and why should i have to pay for someones mistake? i have to go see my insurance agent tomarrow so ill see whats up. i understand what your saying as far as the law goes but to claim im trying to "slide by" is very offensive.

and if a state is going to pass a law for no-fault then part of that law should include everyone having full-coverage. the way you explain no-fault make absolutly no sense.

theres no way they can tell me i cant sue..... theres always away to sue.
Sue away ....

If you are an honest person ,,, post up what he /she says ....There are exceptions, if the offender does not have insurance. Either way , good luck ..

I was on our side till you jumped on me .

Last edited by monsterbaby; 10-13-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: clean up

Quick Reply: do you think they will total my truck