Print Wikipost

NEW Peragon Bed Cover Installation

Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
Heath,

I just reviewed a few covers and watched a few videos on bed covers. I was wondering how your bed cover stacks up against the Roll-N-Lock cover as far as theft prevention? They boast that their cover can take even a tire iron prying on the cover and it will not break. Does your cover offer the same type of protection? Here is a ink to their cover and their claims.

Can your cover hold up to that type of break in??

Thanks,

Rob
Hi Rob -

Good question! While that video is entertaining, it is short on details of someone making a genuine effort to break in, so I can't draw a direct comparison. Our Peragon truck bed cover delivers robust key lock security that will leave you resting easy. However, if a determined thief knows you are carrying high dollar cargo in your bed, they could get past any cover - given a few minutes and a few tools. Ultimately, your auto insurance should replace items stolen from your bed if they were secured under a locking cover - your agent could confirm that for you.

Top reasons our customers choose a Peragon truck bed cover:

- Materials: Our cover is made from truly solid aluminum - not a skin of aluminum glued over foam board. The finish is a durable satin black powder coat - not vinyl.

- Design: You can Quick Release our cover without tools in under 30 seconds - no canister left tying up valuable bed space when you need every inch.

- Service: We're passionate about impeccable service and our customers rave about it. If you need anything, you'll be talking directly with someone at Peragon in the United States. If you're not happy, we'll make it right. We don't hide behind policies with restocking fees, etc.

- Price: We ship directly from our production line in Bemidji, MN to your doorstep. That allows us to deliver top shelf quality and service to you at half the price of competitors who sell through multi-step distribution.

Last edited by Peragon; 06-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
DJL66
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally ordered a F150 and it should be delivered within the next week or so. The next purchase will be a box cover and I have been looking at pretty much every manufacture available. I must say that when a co worker told me about his fathers Peragon I was a little skeptical at first. After reviewing the web site and videos as well as reading all the forums I have concluded that my new F150 will be wearing a Peragon. I do have a couple questions though. What hardware is included in the stainless package for $29? Would this be the bolts that the rail system would use? and secondly do you have an install team at your site that could install it for me if I am in the area?
Thanks and looking forward to placing an order when my truck arrives.
Don

Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
JerzeyX
New User
Great job on the install. Cover looks great.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by DJL66
Well I finally ordered a F150 and it should be delivered within the next week or so. The next purchase will be a box cover and I have been looking at pretty much every manufacture available. I must say that when a co worker told me about his fathers Peragon I was a little skeptical at first. After reviewing the web site and videos as well as reading all the forums I have concluded that my new F150 will be wearing a Peragon. I do have a couple questions though. What hardware is included in the stainless package for $29? Would this be the bolts that the rail system would use? and secondly do you have an install team at your site that could install it for me if I am in the area?
Thanks and looking forward to placing an order when my truck arrives.
Don
Hi Don -

Glad to hear we passed muster!

The stainless steel hardware kit includes all of the threaded fasteners - bolts, nuts, washers - used everywhere in the cover, including the rail system mounting bolts and nylock nuts. It is a nice option and beats trying to hunt down the various parts locally in stainless.

We don't currently offer installation at our factory, but it is something we're considering in the near future. When you're ready to come down, please PM me or email our team and we can update you on this possibility.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Just ordered my Peragon cover today and it is expected to arrive tomorrow. So far unbelievable service. Looking forward to its arrival.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Just ordered my Peragon cover today and it is expected to arrive tomorrow. So far unbelievable service. Looking forward to its arrival.

Congrats on the truck and the cover!

Installation is easy but is much easier if you have a helper. I was very lucky, Peragon's President came and helped me.

Heath is a genuine hard working man. If you have issues, don't be afraid to contact him directly.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Thank you for your order! If you need anything at all once it arrives, please let me/us know and we'll take good care of you.

Originally Posted by tseekins
Heath is a genuine hard working man. If you have issues, don't be afraid to contact him directly.
Thank you for the thumbs up, Tim, and roger that!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Well the Peragon cover arrived at its destination exactly 24 hrs after I had placed the order. Simply amazing if you ask me. This morning I started the install and finished about 2.5 hours later. Anyone who knows me can attest that I am extremely picky when it comes to details so I really took my time to get the installation right from the start. I followed the paper directions which were very well laid out but also found the you tube videos extremely helpful too. The first time I went to close the cover it slid just like a hot knife in butter. I was so pleased I went to get my wife and show it off to her. For anyone who is looking for an extremely well built, secure cover this is the one. I had looked at MANY covers over the past few months and was very glad to have had a co worker recommend this one.

Thank you Peragon I am a very happy customer.

Don

Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
(...)For anyone who is looking for an extremely well built, secure cover this is the one. I had looked at MANY covers over the past few months and was very glad to have had a co worker recommend this one.

Thank you Peragon I am a very happy customer.

Don
Hi Don -

Thank you very much for the positive review and taking time to post! It's always good to hear our efforts are paying off with customers like yourself who love their new Peragon truck bed cover. We'll be here down the road if you need anything, just let us know and we'll work to continue to earn your satisfaction.

- Heath

Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Forthepie
Freshman User
How much water do you get in the bed during rainstorms? Car washes? etc?

I'd like it to be fairly dry in the bed, especially when traveling, but most of the time there won't be stuff in the bed.

Any glare off the cover?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Forthepie
How much water do you get in the bed during rainstorms? Car washes? etc?

I'd like it to be fairly dry in the bed, especially when traveling, but most of the time there won't be stuff in the bed.

Any glare off the cover?
Glad to hear you're considering a Peragon truck bed cover!

The amount of water that gets into the bed is a function of time. You will get some drips along the edges where our guide rails seal to the panels. Over time drips add up, so if the truck is parked all day in a steady rain you'll notice more water along the edges of the bed. When you're traveling, virtually no water will get into the bed since it runs off the cover or is blown off by the wind. Our cover is completely flat front-to-back, so it sheds water very well.

For the way most of our customers use their truck beds, they're happy with the water protection a Peragon cover offers. We are careful though to make sure our customers know up front that our cover is not waterproof. (No retractable or folding cover is.) If you have sensitive electronics or tools that you're hauling, a few dollars invested in Rubbermaid style totes will keep your gear organized, clean and bone dry.

Our baked-on powder coating is a satin black finish - not high gloss, so you won't get any glare off the cover. The satin finish looks sharp and blends well with the black trim on your truck.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Glad to help!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Forthepie I do get some water come in from mostly the sides but that was what I had expected prior to purchasing as they do not state that it is water tight. I have placed a sheet of treated plywood on the bed floor on top of the drop in bed liner to allow the water to go under the plywood. This so far is working great. The cover is coated with a powder coat finish that has very little glare but have found that it does scuff when the panels are folded while traveling. I have found a solution to this and would like to talk to Heath about this further. Despite the scuffing on the panels I am very pleased with this cover. I have had a lot of positive comments from friends and family about how it functions and it's great looks.
Heath is there a way to contact you via email?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Forthepie I do get some water come in from mostly the sides but that was what I had expected prior to purchasing as they do not state that it is water tight. I have placed a sheet of treated plywood on the bed floor on top of the drop in bed liner to allow the water to go under the plywood. This so far is working great. The cover is coated with a powder coat finish that has very little glare but have found that it does scuff when the panels are folded while traveling. I have found a solution to this and would like to talk to Heath about this further. Despite the scuffing on the panels I am very pleased with this cover. I have had a lot of positive comments from friends and family about how it functions and it's great looks.
Heath is there a way to contact you via email?
Agreed 100% on the panels scuffing. The finish isn't real durable. A good solution to place a thin piece of foam between the panels such as the foam that the cover was shipped with. This will prevent the panels from chaffing against each other.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:04 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tseekins
Agreed 100% on the panels scuffing. The finish isn't real durable. A good solution to place a thin piece of foam between the panels such as the foam that the cover was shipped with. This will prevent the panels from chaffing against each other.
To solve the scuffing issue I had purchased 3/8" x 1/2" weather stripping and placed it on each panel just above the rollers. It clears the rail and is out of view when the cover is closed. When the panels fold together (open position) this allows enough clearance to prevent them from touching each other. I also purchased 0.4mm 3M clear paint protection film and applied that to each panel as added protection. If Peragon just included the weather stripping ($5 at local store) with the cover this would take care of any scuffing issues that customers are having.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
DJL & Tim -

Excellent feedback to hear and good ideas. This concern is now on our engineering docket for a good long term solution. We do recommend that customers save the foam sheets that ship between the panels so those sheets can be placed between the panels if you're traveling with the cover folded for any length of time. It isn't an elegant solution though. I agree we need something better and we'll put effort into making that happen!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW Peragon Bed Cover Installation