Sponsored by: Moser

F-150 Leather Seats Poll...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Truckpilot1329
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-150 Leather Seats Poll...

If you get the Lariet, you get leather bench seats. For about $900 more you get bucket seats (Captain Seats). Having sat in both, I don't see any difference in comfort level. They seem to be pretty much the same.

However, for your $900, the Captain seats have a cooling feature.

Any opinions on whether that really works and is great in hot weather, or if any sense of cooling is a figment of one's imagination?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
pkvir
Senior User
Comfort level may be the same. It comes down to do you want the look of the bucket seats (I like them) or the ability to seat three in front. I had the cooling ability in my 09 and it would not be a factor for me, even in Texas.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Augster
Senior User
Another thing to keep in mind are the trays, holders and cavernous center console storage available only with the captain's chairs. Sure, you do get a foldaway armrest with some storage capability, but no where near as much as the center console, plus it has a power outlet inside...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With a wife and 4 kids I need the extra seat. With leather seats (that I don't currently have) in my area, a seat heater is a must. The cooling option seems like a bit of a waste to me. Just my $0.02.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pkvir
Comfort level may be the same. It comes down to do you want the look of the bucket seats (I like them) or the ability to seat three in front. I had the cooling ability in my 09 and it would not be a factor for me, even in Texas.
You can get a Lariat with the front bench seating 3? How about the FX4?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out using the configurator.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
dilas
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the center console which I didn't care for when I first got. I had leather bench on previous F150. After a while I appreciate the center console especially with the spacious storage space and the floor transmission shifting. It's nice, really. It boils down to your need for extra seating. I use that extra seating few times, but not often enough. Since I own a Supercrew, the extra seat isn't a big deal, but if it was a Supercab, then probably the need for bench would be greater.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 PM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
I just don't get leather, and probably never will.

I've got 4 vehicles with leather seats and I would much prefer that they were cloth.

My cloth seats are never too cold to sit in, nor are they too hot to touch.

Many-a-time have i had to grab a beach towel or coat to throw down so i can sit in the seat which is either freezing to death or so my wife doesn't burn her legs (i don't wear shorts, the world is a much happier place for it)

Everything a leather seat can do for me, (e.g. burn my legs, freeze my ****, clean up after a spill) a vinayl seat can do just as well, and much cheaper.

Give me cloth ......

Why do I have 4 vehicles with leather? because I buy them used and they are what they are. I wouldn't "not buy" a used car because of the seats, but I would "not buy" a new one because of them.

I just don't get it and never will, but I digress.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by meborder
I just don't get leather, and probably never will.

I've got 4 vehicles with leather seats and I would much prefer that they were cloth.

My cloth seats are never too cold to sit in, nor are they too hot to touch.

Many-a-time have i had to grab a beach towel or coat to throw down so i can sit in the seat which is either freezing to death or so my wife doesn't burn her legs (i don't wear shorts, the world is a much happier place for it)

Everything a leather seat can do for me, (e.g. burn my legs, freeze my ****, clean up after a spill) a vinayl seat can do just as well, and much cheaper.

Give me cloth ......

Why do I have 4 vehicles with leather? because I buy them used and they are what they are. I wouldn't "not buy" a used car because of the seats, but I would "not buy" a new one because of them.

I just don't get it and never will, but I digress.
I prefer cloth as well. Just a matter of preference.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 AM
mtravis
New User
my king ranch is sweet. and i love it, but its really about the money usually. i love my back and butt not being sweaty. lived for years with out it but i love the comfort.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
Originally Posted by Truckpilot1329
If you get the Lariet, you get leather bench seats. For about $900 more you get bucket seats (Captain Seats). Having sat in both, I don't see any difference in comfort level. They seem to be pretty much the same.

However, for your $900, the Captain seats have a cooling feature.

Any opinions on whether that really works and is great in hot weather, or if any sense of cooling is a figment of one's imagination?
Well worth it. Leather is hotter than cloth and so cooled seats is a very good thing.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there a new definition for a bench seat? I thought Lariat F150’s came standard with a console and a storage compartment and bucket or at least individual seats.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 AM
pkvir
Senior User
Originally Posted by shortride
Is there a new definition for a bench seat? I thought Lariat F150’s came standard with a console and a storage compartment and bucket or at least individual seats.
No, they come standard with the leather bench seat. They are few and far between though.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pkvir
No, they come standard with the leather bench seat. They are few and far between though.
So the shifting lever is on the column?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by shortride
So the shifting lever is on the column?
Yes, on those models with the bench seat, it is.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by flixden
Yes, on those models with the bench seat, it is.
That's new one on me. I guess I just assumed that all Lariat F150's had the full console and console shifter. I surely haven't seen one of those.

Quick Reply: F-150 Leather Seats Poll...