Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Navigator to Expedition seat interchange

Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Woodcarver1
New User
Woodcarver1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Navigator to Expedition seat interchange

Quick question - given that there was a model change in 2003 - will 2002 Navigator seats (front & rear - buckets/consoles with power/heat/headrest monitors) directly interchange into a 2006 Expedition which has powered bucket seats front and the folding rear seat with sliding center section. If yes, will the addition of heat function create an issue as to connection into the Expedition harness.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM
ecam8000
Freshman User
ecam8000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd guess that the model change between the two are enough to say no it won't be a direct swap. That said, anything is possible. I put 70 Lincoln power seats in a 68 Bronco. The seats may swap but I think the racks would be different. There should be some changes in the wiring and connectors between the heated/cooled seats and the regular power seat. Power seat functions should be workable, but the heat/cool may take some creativity. We recieved a company Expedition (for the Boss) that came in with out the heat/cool. The dealer price to change the Ex to heat cool was huge! Ended up sending that truck back and ordering a new one. I think that the newer rear (3rd) seat folds into the floor. Video is along the same lines. Seat heights may change between body styles.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
cayer6
New User
cayer6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seat exchange for 2003 Expi EddieBauer 85K miles

On a related issue, my drivers seat is in need of replacement, it has in-seat heating and cooling. I really want to avoid buying a new seat. I have replaced the seat cover but it couldn't stop the deterioration caused by the weight of my butt compressing the side of the seat when exiting the truck. The plastic trim that holds the seat switches has broken free fron the seat frame as well.

I plan on going to a junk yard/vehicle recycling facility to find one in good condition. Other then the 2003 Expi EB models what other years and or Lincoln Navigators models/years will fit my truck? Thanks so much for your help.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 AM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know an '04 will, only because I've got one of each to compare to. Alos going forward, as the foam starts to deteriorate you can buy replacement cushions to prevent it from getting to where the current one got to.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 PM
funds4l8r
New User
funds4l8r is starting off with a positive reputation.
the front seats and rear seats should be no problem , the third row seat may be an issue since the navigator has independent suspension and expedition has a straight rear. I have a complete set of navigator seats and consoles to get rid of if you need parts

Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by funds4l8r View Post
the front seats and rear seats should be no problem , the third row seat may be an issue since the navigator has independent suspension and expedition has a straight rear. I have a complete set of navigator seats and consoles to get rid of if you need parts

Not true, both the Expy and Navi got IRS the same year (2003)

Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM
cayer6
New User
Originally Posted by alwaysfords41 View Post
I know an '04 will, only because I've got one of each to compare to. Alos going forward, as the foam starts to deteriorate you can buy replacement cushions to prevent it from getting to where the current one got to.
Thanks alwaysfords41! Will you please share the source for replacement seat foam? My dealer doesn't seem to be able to answer or find an answer to my question about this. Thanks again.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
cayer6
New User
I need a tan color drivers seat including the plastic trim around the left side bottom for the 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition, tan color. What do you have and how much are you asking? Most ads I've seen for used seats are sold in pairs only and fo course I want just the drivers seat.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Biggg72
Senior User
Biggg72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was just asking this same question in the junkyard. will same model years swap into each other? preferably the 98 year.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cayer6 View Post
Thanks alwaysfords41! Will you please share the source for replacement seat foam? My dealer doesn't seem to be able to answer or find an answer to my question about this. Thanks again.
If memory serves me I got it from Parts Guy Ed, one of the sponsors.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:39 AM
funds4l8r
New User
funds4l8r is starting off with a positive reputation.
My seats are tan as well send me an email link and i will send pics , I have complete interior for an 04 navi

Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Woodcarver1
New User
Have decided to go ahead and pick up the Navigator seats. Would you happen to know of an online source for detailed wiring diagrams for the Navigator & Expedition (something I could simply download & print out)?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 AM
c_hohensee
Elder User
c_hohensee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure of anything for free. You can get an 72 hour subscription to Helm manuals at www.helminc.com. Last time I used them you could print anything you wanted.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Woodcarver1
New User
Much appreciated. Will give this site a try.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:20 PM
cayer6
New User
Seats

My seats are tan as well send me an email link and i will send pics , I have complete interior for an 04 navi
Trying to figure out how to send you my email address without making it public.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigator to Expedition seat interchange

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.