Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So someone still makes a supercharger for our V-10's....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
So someone still makes a supercharger for our V-10's....

You guys may already know about this thing, but I did not. Just sharing.....

I thought the last one was the Kenne bell and it is long gone....

1998-2001 V10 Truck and SUV Supercharger System | Paxton Superchargers

Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Hybris
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to ask but did anyone ever make a roots style supercharger for the 2v V10s?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
For $4300 I would want more than 125HP and 80ft/lbs...

Old 09-17-2011, 02:20 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
if i had a crap ton of money to blow lol

Old 09-17-2011, 11:37 AM
joetech
Senior User
Kenny bell used to make a roots style but it has since been discontinued. Every once in a while they pop up on ebay.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:53 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TreySpooner65
For $4300 I would want more than 125HP and 80ft/lbs...
If a man wants to dance he must pay the fiddler.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thats the difference between a v10 and a diesel, and having to run premium gas means there is no difference in fuel cost. I would guarantee the diesel will return better fuel mpg and could almost assure you it will be faster if you decide to start playing with it. So unless you had an emotional attachment to your truck or just wanted to avoid diesel for some reason, you would be better off trading up.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i know i'm not the only one, but for me a big factor living in a cold climate is warm up time / cold starting on gas verses diesel. i would personally take a S/C gas over a diesel but thats me.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
eggbert
New User
I normally dont get on the deisel vs gas debate,but just gonna drop my personal experience as for the V-10.I like to know that when I crunch the throttle there's power especially when it come's to haulin or eatin a diesel.Ive been one of the lucky if you could say,to get my hands on a
Kenne Bell SC, and for what it's worth I cant complain about fuel mileage or power becouse that's why we will allways ask for more power when it come's to our toy's.I own a 1 ton dually and the gas mileage before SC was crapp!8-9 nomatter what I did towin or just gettin grocery's.
Now!and my truck is not finnished with fine tuning Iam in the ballpark of 17-19 wich the last time I run with a couple my deisel buds was right up there with them.As for power,so far the last dyno pull I put 389hp-411Tq.
and that is only @ 6psi.also that is at or just above 1600 rpm's not to bad!am not finished with tuning.and Iam pretty impressed for just a bolt on Mod.And remmember it's a CC dually!!
haven fun is all I can say.I will post all the results from dyno run's when I get finnish goofin off and let my tunner do his job I keep changin stuff and finance's of course play a big roll in what get's done what doesn't....Go to my Garage I've posted pi'cs and also have a video of 1st start up..will get some more later on..Enjoy everyone..

Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Dan Reinbold
Senior User
Originally Posted by eggbert
I normally dont get on the deisel vs gas debate,but just gonna drop my personal experience as for the V-10.I like to know that when I crunch the throttle there's power especially when it come's to haulin or eatin a diesel.Ive been one of the lucky if you could say,to get my hands on a
Kenne Bell SC, and for what it's worth I cant complain about fuel mileage or power becouse that's why we will allways ask for more power when it come's to our toy's.I own a 1 ton dually and the gas mileage before SC was crapp!8-9 nomatter what I did towin or just gettin grocery's.
Now!and my truck is not finnished with fine tuning Iam in the ballpark of 17-19 wich the last time I run with a couple my deisel buds was right up there with them.As for power,so far the last dyno pull I put 389hp-411Tq.
and that is only @ 6psi.also that is at or just above 1600 rpm's not to bad!am not finished with tuning.and Iam pretty impressed for just a bolt on Mod.And remmember it's a CC dually!!
haven fun is all I can say.I will post all the results from dyno run's when I get finnish goofin off and let my tunner do his job I keep changin stuff and finance's of course play a big roll in what get's done what doesn't....Go to my Garage I've posted pi'cs and also have a video of 1st start up..will get some more later on..Enjoy everyone..

Do you have details of what you have done? I see spark plugs, COP's, etc. Just wondered if you did anything different with the injectors, obviously coils, or anything else? Very interesting and this makes me really want a Supercharger.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
eggbert
New User
Mod's!!

for the most part I had to kinda build this from scratch,took a chance and bought the KB used and had to source out some parts to get it all put together.I've installed 42lb injectors/Areomotive 340lph FP,and an SCT Big Air MAF to match the injectors and tuned by(Lasota Racing)who is doin an excellant job..8-)
This is a bit overkill but have plans to put 2.6l LC/KB on later.
have put COP's on and am pushin those with the KB boost-a-spark,not really needed factory would suffice but again lookin down the road for future up-grade's.I just installed a cool air kit that I put together the parts from spectre performance cuz the factory stuff was just to bulky.
I modded the intake plenum on the KB to house a Accufab Oval TB,then had to have buddy make me a couple TB spacer's to get fit right,otherwise my CC & throttle cable had to much play.Other than that the motor is bone stock Oh and also have Heddman hedders on as well.I have plans on gettin a ATS tranny in but will have to just take it easey on what I have now.The SCT tuner I have has helped with gettin tranny perameter's dialed so no probs there yet.All in all am takin thing easey untill tuning is all dialed and then going to Dyno and post result's and of course throw down a little smokey show just show what a dually is capable of..Hehe!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 833 Likes on 572 Posts
KB supercharger for sale

I just stumbled across this in the classifieds if anyone might be interested.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-for-sale.html
This isn't mine and I don't know the seller, but I do wish I had an extra 4 grand burning a hole in my pocket........

Old 11-28-2011, 03:56 PM
charbaugh
Mountain Pass

Originally Posted by WE3ZS
I just stumbled across this in the classifieds if anyone might be interested.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-for-sale.html
This isn't mine and I don't know the seller, but I do wish I had an extra 4 grand burning a hole in my pocket........

I was just about to post the same link, but you beat me to it. I'm like you - if I had the $4K I'd be all over it. Unfortunately tires and ball joints are higher on the list than a supercharger.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Dan Reinbold
Senior User
Originally Posted by charbaugh
I was just about to post the same link, but you beat me to it. I'm like you - if I had the $4K I'd be all over it. Unfortunately tires and ball joints are higher on the list than a supercharger.

A BIG X2 THERE!!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:07 AM
bnuvp
Senior User
Did some quick figuring. At 12 mpg stock, boosting to 17 mpg at 3.50$/g for 14,500 miles/year, thats about $1,250 savings in gasoline (western NY gas prices). Almost worthwhile. Are you really seeing 17mpg? Did I figure right?

Quick Reply: So someone still makes a supercharger for our V-10's....