1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Ultimate Super Duty Picture Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They punched the key lock out in the passenger door. They must have used something to bust the lock on the ignition b/c when I found it I could turn the ignition w/o a key in it.

New alarm installed already. Have hose clamp on tailgate until I get my McGard tailgate lock. Shop that did the work is painting some door handles to color-match the truck. I am ordering Jimmi Jammers and will have them installed when they put the new door handles in. Oh, and the passenger door is key-delete.

Did you ever look up the door lock FIX thread on here? I used that on my passenger door actuator and it works perfectly!!! I was afraid to go w/o the key lock on the driver's side. In nine years my battery never failed but I KNOW once I remove the door locks from the doors that WILL happen to me!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Rose Clifford
Posting Guru
Man that pisses me off. I need to secure my truck, I've put too much into it to have some low life ruin it. I got my truck used and don't have the remote for the doors, key only so I guess I'm screwed except for the no-start tune.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rose Clifford
This talk of theft makes me really consider getting some anti-theft devices. How did they get in? My power locks don't work so I can't get the anti-punch eyes for the keyhole, but I could Jimmi-Jam my doors.
When they took mine, they punched out the door locks...then took a screw driver to the ignition and basically twisted it out of the column. Since I've got the keyless entry pad on the driver's door for my truck (as well as the FOB) I'm really thinking about using the punch plugs Clay offers at RiffRaff. My thought is, if the truck can start it's self it will have more than enough power to unlock the door. If the batteries are going bad, you should have starting issues before it gets to the point that it won't unlock the door(s). Of course for me...the best anti-thief measure is not taking the truck to KC again.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Rose Clifford
Posting Guru
Yeah, I live in a very safe area....but I've been wrong before. Do you need a FOB to get a remote starter installed? I'm thinking of just getting a remote starter and alarm system installed instead of paying a stealership for a new FOB set.

If you can't get into your truck good luck popping the hood to juice up.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I live in a very safe area....but I've been wrong before. Do you need a FOB to get a remote starter installed? I'm thinking of just getting a remote starter and alarm system installed instead of paying a stealership for a new FOB set.
The FOB I've got are the OEM...and in fact I've only used one once. My wife carries three FOBS (3 different rides) with her set of keys. But since she has that battle club...err, purse; all that crap doesn't slow her down. I just carry keys for what I need.
Yeah, no kidding. Though I've put thought to one of those electric forklift plugs off the front of the truck for jump starting other rides. It would be directly connected to the batteries...so in theory it could back-feed the truck that way. It's on the list of things to do to the truck...just not near the top right now.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
The Metal Panda
Senior User

If you get an aftermarket alarm like a viper or something, i believe they give you a new fob. Cause some fobs have like pagers built into them and what not for warning you if someones touchin your stuff

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by The Metal Panda
If you get an aftermarket alarm like a viper or something, i believe they give you a new fob. Cause some fobs have like pagers built into them and what not for warning you if someones touchin your stuff
Yes, I received two new key fobs. One is a 2-way LCD screen so the truck gives me feedback. I can see when it's running, if the doors are locked, if the alarm is triggered, etc.

This unit can even get an upgraded module so that I can use it with a smartphone app. Sounds pretty cool, especially if you allow kids to drive your truck b/c you can set an "allowed" perimeter and it will alert you if that is broken, same with maximum speed; set the number and it will alert you if the truck exceeds it.

I believe the most important part, however, would be tracking your vehicle in the event it was used without authorization!!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i must have missed that somehow, but you got your truck back!?!? awesome!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by acf6
i must have missed that somehow, but you got your truck back!?!? awesome!!!!!!
I did! Remember when I was asking what happened to your tube steps??? That's cuz truck was in the shop and, as you can see from the first pic, mine were missing!!!

I found a brand new OEM set on Ebay. We worked out a deal and I get them shipped for $350 total. Insurance paid for it but I had to try to save money on things where I could so I could get other parts of the truck fixed while it was in the shop.

For example all five clearance lights had a substantial amount of rust around/under them. Never noticed until the truck was sitting on the ground and then I could see it!!! While the truck was in the shop, I gave them some extra to fix that kind of stuff!!

All totaled the repairs (bodywork and mechanical) were well over $9k. I STILL cannot believe they didn't just total it!!!!

Old 12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
83FordPdx
Junior User
The only decent shot I have of mine. Really need to get new wheels for it. They look so small.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 AM
robrobinette
New User
83FordPDX, what size tires are those?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
83FordPDX, what tires are you running?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
FP, your truck looks fine, G

Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 AM
love4x4
New User
Here is my junk.

'11 FX4 6.2 gas 4" lift, 35" Toyos, factory E locker in rear, Eaton E locker in front, 16.5 Warn with Fab Four bumper

Along the White Rim Trail, Moab

St Anthony sand dunes, Idaho

Goin' fishin'

Name:  IM002208.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  442.8 KB

Daily Driver '11 plain Jane Ranger with wife's Lincoln in driveway.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Great lookin SD, love the front bumper, G.................Does the bumper come in chrome

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Super Duty Picture Thread.