Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Summer 2011 Kentucky Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Summer 2011 Kentucky Meet

Well seems to be some interest in having a meet again...

I'm open to having one again how about you guys??

I would think to do one down more central for everyone. Lexington, Frankfort or even Louisville work well for me. I'm thinking that if we try to meet up at Louisville we might be able to get a bunch of members to attend. Well at least that would be my hopes.

Tell me what you guys would like to do?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexington would be good for me. I will have my kids from 7/9/11-7/17/11 so that time fram would be kinda bad for me lol. We plan to go down to Sandgap and do some camping while they are down here. But the other locations would work as well.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:28 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Lexington is ultimately the best for me...It's already 100 miles from my house to there....But I guess I could go on a lil further to Frankfort...But that's about the cutoff for me....Unless the GF comes along and we rent a room and do other things.....To kinda make it a REALLY worthwhile thing and getta see some sights, etc....

Btw, what about places to meet? Restuaraunts, etc....Just some general ideas of what everyone likes to eat....

My vote is for a Cheddars, or somethin of the like...Awesomely, cheap food....Or maybe a Golden Corral or something of that nature....Just to be able to get more bang for the buck...

A childhood friend of my moms has a small joint on the fayette/scott county line...Called Sams' Place or somethin of the sort...Awesome food, and great prices....Just a thought....

Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm open for it if I'm available. Weekends are tough with kids involved with stuff, and we have stuff going on as well. I'd shoot for Lexington somewhere. It would be nice to be at a place where we can meet outside some.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
hmm funny you mention shooting John. I might just hit the gunrange at Buds after the meet if we goto Lexington.

You also mention outdoors... what about SONICS. They have the drive-in bays we could all hover around in. No adult beverages available though, that is not a requirement in anyway just a reminder.

Or we could meet up at a park with grilling abilities. Kinda like the restaurant/pub idea better, easier for everyone to BS and not have any distractions.

Well??

Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

I actually like the shooting range idea.....My GF's dad actually has plenty of place for me to shoot...But yeah....I'm definantly interested in that...

Otherwise...All sounds good....I like Sonic as a get together spot.....

Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
If I'm not mistaken, Buds used to be the International Truck shop in Lexington. They converted it into an indoor shooting range. I will likely join you!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Gonna be stockin up on shells for the boomstick this weekend....

Ok, so Lex is the general ideal meetin' place then?

If so, where at exactly?

Then, when?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Woohoo! Bang bang. Never get enough of that. I am still waiting on the guys at work to set a date for the next machine gun shoot. Since I can't afford to buy one for myself I shoot thiers lol.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Woohoo! Bang bang. Never get enough of that. I am still waiting on the guys at work to set a date for the next machine gun shoot. Since I can't afford to buy one for myself I shoot thiers lol.
You still got my number, right?!!!! I would love to tag along if it's alright!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Wish I could John. These guys are kinda funny about guys they don't know. They wouldn't even let me bring my dad last time he was down. I just didn't go to that one.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Wish I could John. These guys are kinda funny about guys they don't know. They wouldn't even let me bring my dad last time he was down. I just didn't go to that one.
Unfortunately, I understand.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
If I'm not mistaken, Buds used to be the International Truck shop in Lexington. They converted it into an indoor shooting range. I will likely join you!
I am not sure about that. From what I remember when I went there last year the place at least inside was brand new. I have to assume the outside was too. But they could have tore down and built on the same location... Buds is at
1105 Industry Road, Lexington Ky. IT is off of New Circle road.

Well Guys if you want to eat at Sonics and play with things that go BANG, it's less then two miles from Buds to the nearest Sonics.

Just some of their FAQ...

1. How large is the range?
There are 28 lanes each one is 75 feet long.
last updated - 04/09/2010

2. Is membership required? What are hourly rates for non-members?
Membership is not required. Memberships do NOT include reactive steel lanes. The rates are $25 & $12.50 per hour and half hour respectively for first shooter and each additional shooter (total 3) is $12 & $7 respectively. Reactive steel rates will be $40 ($20 for second shooter) & $20 ($10 for second shooter) hour/half hour.

3. What are reactive steel targets?
The reactive steel lanes (3 lanes 7' wide, 25 yds long) will have 5 Action Target Extreme Bobbers (2 single head, 3 double head) targets per lane spaced 7, 10, 15, 20, & 25 yds from firing line.

4. What are the Directions and Store Hours for the Range?
The new store and Range are located minutes off 1-75/I-64 at 1105 Industry Road (off Winchester Road). Hours will be M-F 9am-8pm and Saturday 9am-6pm.

5. What calibers can I shoot?
Any up to and including a 50 Caliber BMG.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
THat sounds cool. But all would be shooting is my .40 cal. I love this "little" gun lol.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
NOw with that information I posted above would this be something you guys would be interested in doing. If so then how about someone throw at some dates and times. I know Buck mentioned he is busy 7/9/11-7/17/11. The next two saturdays after that are the 23rd and the 30th. John I know you mentioned kiddo commitments???

What with going to the gun range my wife( who is the better Shot) might come-along. Guys if your wife or girl friend wants to come please feel free to let them join up. the more the merrier

Quick Reply: Summer 2011 Kentucky Meet