FTE Logo,, is there one? Wanted, opinions on art work 4 my 65 F350

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM
OldHarley
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RottenRon
Thanks for the feedback.

The Conneticut Chapter of FTE, have come up with a basic logo They did? WOW! that logo looks a lot like the one owned by Ford Motor Co.!! that I recon I will use on the doors. It's very simple and old skool kool. All I've done, is change the word Conneticut for Australia. I think they want to get it into production.

Out of courtesy, I had sought permission etc. to use their basic design, but unfortunately, I've not received a reply. WOW! I wonder why?...Maybe cuz the logo is owned by Ford Motor Co? ... I just hope nobody gets their knickers in a knot over it. WOW! Not unless the owner of the logo wants to make a big deal out of it!

The old girl used to look pretty cool with the original sign writing. There's a hint!

Cheers, Ron.
I like your truck! It looks great! My comments are somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and not made to offend you, but make you aware. Seriously, though, most companies get paid for the use of their logo. I doubt Ford or anyone else will care if you paint that on your truck if it is a privately owned vehicle, but you asked for input.

If I knew what was originally on the door, I would re-use the original signage, unless the company is still in business.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldHarley
I like your truck! It looks great! My comments are somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and not made to offend you, but make you aware. Seriously, though, most companies get paid for the use of their logo. I doubt Ford or anyone else will care if you paint that on your truck if it is a privately owned vehicle, but you asked for input.

If I knew what was originally on the door, I would re-use the original signage, unless the company is still in business.
G'day OldHarley.

Jesus m8, don't you think I know who owns that part of the logo. For christ sake, give me credit for some brains. Also, there's no reason to Shout.

I can take criticism on maters relating to my taste, but I don't appreciate (and reserve the right to defend myself against), those seeking to cast aspersions on my intellect ( I know I'm dumb, but you dont have to tell everyone,,,lol)

You cant legitimize comments like that by saying, "not meant to offend you". Just bite your tongue and resist the urge.

Now that's out of the way, the old sign said "White Bros." above "Cedar Creek" and had a bit of scroll work around it.

As near as I can make out, they used to show horses, or run a horse breeding property, down south in Victoria.

I don't know if they're still at it, but I did think about leaving it on there.

Those guys restored the truck some 18 years ago, and apparently owned it from near new.

Had the logo been more recognizable or well know, say like Mobil, Shell Oil, XXXX Beer, or something, for historical reasons, I might have considered it. I'm not sure they're still in business either.

Now, getting back to my original request for comments, regarding whether I put a sign/logo back on the old girl, what do you think? Should or shouldn't I, and do you think that logo will look the part. Please resist the urge to SHOUT,,,,, LOL.

Truce,,,,

Cheers, Ron.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Ron, No idea how you mates do things down under, but in my humble opinion your truck is tooooo damn purdy to be addin signs on da door, unless you owned a business that you wanted to promote. just my 2

John

Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
John is 110% correct..Sometimes, simplicity is best...And that ol' fellar is a handsome T-Ruck......Good work!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
OldHarley
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron,

Go back and look at my comments. Tongue-in-cheek means it was said in a joking way.

You asked for comments and from what I have seen, you have gotten the same answer at least 4 times to leave it as it is.

Most members on this site prefer the pure look and I for one am included.

Putting 'Moon equipped' eyes, maltese crosses and that sort of decoration on these trucks is generally regarded as 'Mickey Mouse' unless maybe you were being sponsored by those companies. And especially, especially never put 'Old Skool' on anything.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
OK,, you all win.

Ok, ok, you guys win.

No logo it is. Well, not on the door anyway. I might get a small one done for the end of the air vent plenum between hood and door/screen.

I would have put it on the back window, but the bars on the headboard would have obscured it and made it pointless anyway.

I'll keep it small,, I promise,,,lol.

Thanks for the comments. As I love to show the old girl off, it's more important to me that everyone else likes it. As for me, I get my rocks off every time I take her out, regardless of what the icing on the cake looks like.

Once again, thanks fellas.

Cheers, Ron.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
Originally Posted by OldHarley
Ron,

Go back and look at my comments. Tongue-in-cheek means it was said in a joking way.

You asked for comments and from what I have seen, you have gotten the same answer at least 4 times to leave it as it is.

Most members on this site prefer the pure look and I for one am included.

Putting 'Moon equipped' eyes, maltese crosses and that sort of decoration on these trucks is generally regarded as 'Mickey Mouse' unless maybe you were being sponsored by those companies. And especially, especially never put 'Old Skool' on anything.
All good Greg.

I'm just gettin a bit grumpy in me old age. I did realize you weren't too serious when you made the comment, I was just a bit ticked off,,,, I'll go have another Bundy,,, (Rum,,,lol)

Cheers M8.

By the way, when I get around to it, I'll get some pictures of a 62 unibody over here. It came from the States. The the new owner Aiden, has dummed it in the bum, stuck logos and signs all over it. He's tried to copy the old school "Gasser" look I guess. Cool as it is, it's not really my style, but it does draw attention.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I think a SMALL decal, 4" x 6" could look good...Simplicity is the key...

Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The CT Chapter got written approval from Ford to use the Ford Oval in it's chapter sticker and FTE's approval to use it's web site

Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RottenRon
Out of courtesy, I had sought permission etc. to use their basic design, but unfortunately, I've not received a reply. As I'm only after it for myself and not for profit, I guess I'll go ahead an use it anyway. I just hope nobody gets their knickers in a knot over it.
We probably won't care too much but you posted in a basically dead thread come visit us here instead https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-s-thread.html