Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are those "Heart" icons for?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Received 497 Likes on 253 Posts
What are those "Heart" icons for?

Well, I'm gad you asked!

When clicked on, they add good reputation points to the poster of the post you clicked on. These eventually translate to the number of little green squares visible under the posters name.

While I do my best & am accurate & hopefully helpful much of the time, their are some guy's here, Subford & Conanski just to name a couple off the top, that are knowledgeable, accurate & intuitive, almost to the point of monotony!

So. in the future, if posters to your thread saved you some time, money, or your @ss in general, show em some love & click the 'Heart" icon on their post! Otherwise, it's kinda like, "Twenty year's of schoolin, and they put me on the day shift"!
(Bob Dylan)
No respect!

Thank's for reading this!
ymeski56

Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ymeski56
Well, I'm gad you asked!

When clicked on, they add good reputation points to the poster of the post you clicked on. These eventually translate to the number of little green squares visible under the posters name.

While I do my best & am accurate & hopefully helpful much of the time, their are some guy's here, Subford & Conanski just to name a couple off the top, that are knowledgeable, accurate & intuitive, almost to the point of monotony!

So. in the future, if posters to your thread saved you some time, money, or your @ss in general, show em some love & click the 'Heart" icon on their post! Otherwise, it's kinda like, "Twenty year's of schoolin, and they put me on the day shift"!
(Bob Dylan)
No respect!

Thank's for reading this!
ymeski56
While I don't normally pay attention to stuff like this on forums, I have to agree, this is a good feature to have on a largely populated forum like this. It helps to know whether the guy giving you an answer knows his stuff or not.

I gave you rep for suggesting to rep the rep of good rep.

Wait, what?

Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
danger-ranger93
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt know that.... wish i could find alot of people on here from the past

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
If you go into your user CP you can find all the threads you've ever subscribed to.

There's no time limit as to when you can give rep. Heck I've given rep to posts from nearly a decade ago whose posters haven't logged on for years.
I've even repped deceased users whose posts were meaningful...

Having good rep, or more posts to your credit gives more power to the rep you give.
I have received rep from n00bs that shows up as a blue square and no points.
Not that I care about points, it's the thought or consideration that counts for me.
Originally Posted by danger-ranger93
i didnt know that.... wish i could find alot of people on here from the past

Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
If you go into your user CP you can find all the threads you've ever subscribed to.

There's no time limit as to when you can give rep. Heck I've given rep to posts from nearly a decade ago whose posters haven't logged on for years.
I've even repped deceased users whose posts were meaningful...

Having good rep, or more posts to your credit gives more power to the rep you give.
I have received rep from n00bs that shows up as a blue square and no points.
Not that I care about points, it's the thought or consideration that counts for me.
I didn't know any of that! Looking at your set of green boxes (2 toned), I can only assume you've lapped the field! What's a green dot equate to in rep votes?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.

Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Virto
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone needs practice clicking the button, feel free to use mine.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Well, the only other question "I' have is, after 4 years, 400 posts, & 51 Pos. Reps., I remain a Cyclops (1 dot). What's the Pos. Rep # that gets you out of level 1 ? Which is where the majority of membership reside, so it's not like I'm in bad company or anything. It's just one of those "Inquiring mind's want to know" kinda things!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
You need 100+ for your next square. Then after a while you'll need 200 each additional square.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
It seems to be a full circle/karma thing with rep, give a lot and you'll receive a lot. Like ArdWrknTrk said there's no time limit or anything, and rep received from people with high rep is worth more.

One thing i noticed is my rep shot through the roof when I was a supporter of the site for about 5 years and had access to the Club FTE members only forum, there's lots of good topics in there.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Originally Posted by jimbo beam
It seems to be a full circle/karma thing with rep, give a lot and you'll receive a lot. Like ArdWrknTrk said there's no time limit or anything, and rep received from people with high rep is worth more.

One thing i noticed is my rep shot through the roof when I was a supporter of the site for about 5 years and had access to the Club FTE members only forum, there's lots of good topics in there.
O.K., toss in Air Conditioning, and you got a deal!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That IS pretty cool. I forgot all about those. Just went in and checked and I have 11 points. Not a bunch, but it's pretty neat to think someone else appreciates you trying to help. Also nice to know that there's no "too late" to get someone who helped you. I'm going to get on that right away. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 PM
86F150302
Postmaster
and this is what it looks like..

Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
After you hit 1800 or 1900 points you get maxed out on green squares too.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Originally Posted by Dancingchicken
That IS pretty cool. I forgot all about those. Just went in and checked and I have 11 points. Not a bunch, but it's pretty neat to think someone else appreciates you trying to help. Also nice to know that there's no "too late" to get someone who helped you. I'm going to get on that right away. Thanks!
Kinda gives ya the warm fuzzy's don't it!..............I mean in a beer drinkin, naggin wife, poker playin, huntin, fishin, cussin, but alway's wear your seat belt while drivin kinda way!

Quick Reply: What are those "Heart" icons for?