1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Unleaded in rear tank! Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjwoolw
Ian please find a good Chiropractor. Pills and drugs aren't going to help you bud.

^^^^
What he says.......I have a C8-C9 herniated disc and a C9-C10 calcium buildup on or around the disc. My pain would wrap around my chest from the back and always felt like some thing was inside of my pushing out on my spine.

Dec of 2010, I went to see a chiroprator and had a little meeting with him, one thing that stuck with me is he does not want to see me again after ten treatments at the very most, my treatments started every 2 weeks and progressivly got longer with daily exercises perscribed to me.

June 2011, after my 10th meeting with him, I have not seen him since, I still do occasionally have pain maybe every 3 days but may only last for 15 minutes as I have the knowledge now at moments of pain, I can self fix my back through certain stretches and then carry on with what I was doing, but always having a sense of what my limitations is crucial.

Like said by pj, find a GOOD ciropractor, there are to many hacks out there that just want to get you in, crack you, get your money and book another appointment. Those guys you have to stay away from. I rolled my eyes when my chiropracter said he will fix me and likley will not see me again. Was I wrong.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Just don't lay around. Keep moving. Don't let someone crank on your neck when it's a herniated disk. Some type of traction to relieve the pressure in best my opinion after dealing with my wife's injury. They told her she would need surgery in few years but she is still active and works with me doing construction of all kinds. It's been about seven years. Some of her fingers are still numb, but that's nerve damage and surgery is not going to fix that.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Ian been there before filled up my truck with gas I just siphoned it out and added fresh diesel and my friend put the stuff I siphoned out in his chevette It ran good with no troubles lol ,I am sure with the price of gas you can get some of your money back by selling the mixed fuel to someone who will run it in their older vehicle lol.

I know what pain is all about too brother I have had a bad sciatic nerve for years now and the pain is unbearable I have been to all kinds of doctors and which doctors(chiropractors) and the only thing that works for me is Advil I hate pills especially the meds these doctors are prescribing to people now, I have seen people get so addicted to the meds that they loose there house cars and anything worth value ,people are selling them on the streets for up to $20 a pill and robbing drug stores and even mugging little ol lady,s for these pills.

Laying still till things heal up is the best medicine and maybe some Tylenol or Advil to take the edge off.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
OT, forgive me but I have to ask. I'm cleaning out my brother's garage and found twenty gallons of gas that's got to be fifteen years old. I think most of it has two cycle oil in it for a outboard motor. Anybody know what I can do with this stuff? Thanks

Ian, when I was talking about my old 81 Jetta diesel, I once filled it up with gas. As just mentioned, I drained the tank, filled it up with diesel and everything was OK.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Glenn, does it look like jello?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 AM
PstrokeN
Senior User
sounds like the guy who brought his 6.4 in and filled it plum full of gas lol i used a hand pump and pumped it all out and then i changed all the fuel filters and sucked the fuel bowl put new diesel in bowl and in tank ran it seemed ok after

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Steve, no, its liquid but I haven't taken the caps off yet to smell it. I hate the smell of old gas, LOL!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Glenn just pour it into some jugs and stuff rags in them keep them handy for your next road trip with your trailer I am sure there is many tailgaters you would like to light one up and smash it on their windshield LMAO!!

That will keep them off your bumper

Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
OK, I pumpened out the "Diesel-O-Line" with a "Gas Buddy". I pumped out an estimated 17+ gallons. I will fill it back up tomorrow (insert EDIT here). I'll keep you advised.
Thanks again!

EDIT: WITH DIESEL

Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Glen, that old stuff makes a great insecticide when dealing with fire ants and under ground yellow jacket nests.

Ian, get yourself a cheap electric fuel pump and hook some fuel hose to it that will fit into the filler neck of the tank. drop the line in the tank, and the outlet end in a 5 gallon container or run it straight to the waste oil tank. then power the pump up. if you get all but 4-5 gallons out of the tank, i would fill it up with clean diesel and call it good.

as for the back deal, look for a chiropractic doctor that specializes in acupressure.
he should also have a spinal decompression machine.

i broke my neck in 82, and it took me close to 3 years to learn to walk again. 4 years ago after driving trucks for close to 25 years i ended up with 3 compressed and 4 herniated discs in my neck and upper back. 36 treatments later i was pain free, and 2 inches taller. i go for a "maintenance" decompression once a month now, and am still totally pain free, unless i do something really stupid.

and i think you know me enough by now to know i am always doing stupid things.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by WALJON
Glenn just pour it into some jugs and stuff rags in them keep them handy for your next road trip with your trailer I am sure there is many tailgaters you would like to light one up and smash it on their windshield LMAO!!

That will keep them off your bumper
What tailgaters, LOL! I finally got some high speed trailer tires and my pickup loves to go 70mph pulling. But ya, There are times I wish I could 'light them up'! Now that I have disk brakes on the 5er they may find themselves in the entertainment center on the rear of the camper. LOL

Originally Posted by tjc transport
Glen, that old stuff makes a great insecticide when dealing with fire ants and under ground yellow jacket nests.
That's one good idea, I do have a nest I need to get rid of, thanks. Any other ideas?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

WOW! I spose we pumped out all the "Diesel-O-Line". When I filled it up (with diesel), it took 19.7 gallons! Isn't that a lot for the rear tank?
I have about 40 miles on it now. I will let you all know if I have any problems.
Thanks!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 AM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
I'd say you got it all out for sure Ian!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

yea, the pump was very cool! It looked like this: Google Image Result for http://www.wisainc.com/index_files/image58691.jpg

My buddy who helped me pump it out (here at work) said he will dump a gallon of it in each car (police vehicles used for training the knuckle heads w/badges and guns) before filling them back up. So it was a win win situation, everyone was happy!

Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

I just ran 200 miles through the rear tank and switched back to the front tank. All seem fine! It wasn't that big of a deal (looking back).

I am scheduled for my 3rd and final injection on Friday. The injections help my arm a lot! My neck still is sore though. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. If it doesn't help, I am going to see a chiropractor (sp) or maybe try the accupuncture (sp) . Thanks for ALL the input for all my problems....I see light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks
again!

Quick Reply: Unleaded in rear tank! Now what?