FE Aluminum Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 AM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by old, slow and rusty
" I've got a cast iron 4v unit on there now "

if you decide to sell the cast iron , i am interested. my f250 is so heavy i don't think the weight savings of ally is worth the price.
Originally Posted by 69cj
I agree, if it's a daily driver and you aren't going to use it for anything else you might as well leave the iron anchor on it. You're not gaining anything.

Agree, especially on a three ton highboy, the 50lb weight savings is a moot point, the Performer flows no better than the factory "S" or "T" intake, the only advantage it offers is aesthetics and weight savings, and the latter is no real advantage on street driven truck.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Riderman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=maxtor;10797215]
Originally Posted by Riderman

Hmmmm; Not to many suv's making 600 plus hp.

I guess a 434ci "428 bored to 4.170" making 600 hp n.a. and 850 hp with nitrous, turning 7000 rpm, is not a race engine?? I think Barry from Survival Motorsports would disagree with you also. He has built some 700 plus hp n.a. engines.
AWW comon, I was joking. Then again, how many flippin FE's are posting the numbers you state? Be real here. Average stock SUV VRS a 434 ci...keep the argument real please. There are Honda HP 4 cyl racing engines turning 11K making close to that HP. Is that applicable to this discussion? Do you want one in your truck? Then again, these FE anchor block's were phased out for a reason. How many are on a circle or straight track anymore? NOT MANY! One can put 15K in old technology just to get smoked by a tuned big block Jeg's crate motor for 7K Nitrous? How long does that last? Second's? Let alone how long the engine that need's it to compete will last, not long. I've ran it, there is a price to be paid. Most truck's and "SUV'S" do not run the quarter mile, like the engine you described. Hold that 434ci 850 HP engine to the floor with nitrous for two miles and get back with us)))

My Infinity stock has about 275 HP. My Nissan 6 cyl has 280 HP. They are average car's, not high performance vehichle's. What did a factory 360\390FE have? In a 76 F250 for example.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Riderman;10871895]
Originally Posted by maxtor

AWW comon, I was joking. Then again, how many flippin FE's are posting the numbers you state? Be real here. Average stock SUV VRS a 434 ci...keep the argument real please. There are Honda HP 4 cyl racing engines turning 11K making close to that HP. Is that applicable to this discussion? Do you want one in your truck? Then again, these FE anchor block's were phased out for a reason. How many are on a circle or straight track anymore? NOT MANY! One can put 15K in old technology just to get smoked by a tuned big block Jeg's crate motor for 7K Nitrous? How long does that last? Second's? Let alone how long the engine that need's it to compete will last, not long. I've ran it, there is a price to be paid. Most truck's and "SUV'S" do not run the quarter mile, like the engine you described. Hold that 434ci 850 HP engine to the floor with nitrous for two miles and get back with us)))

My Infinity stock has about 275 HP. My Nissan 6 cyl has 280 HP. They are average car's, not high performance vehichle's. What did a factory 360\390FE have? In a 76 F250 for example.
Not looking to make any friends in this FE subforum, I'm guessin'.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Riderman
Elder User
[QUOTE=draggin the line;10876887]

Not looking to make any friends in this FE subforum, I'm guessin'.
The adult's here knew how to take that post. Tounge in cheek. If one is so die hard to take the FE as the grand master of all build's, I apologize. I was just stating, for the money spent, there are newer, mayby better alternatives than 30- 40 year old technology. I have built many FE's and still run one. I'll admit though, I never built or ran a FE even close to 600-800 plus HP.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
[quote=Riderman;10881866]
Originally Posted by draggin the line

The adult's here knew how to take that post. Tounge in cheek. If one is so die hard to take the FE as the grand master of all build's, I apologize. I was just stating, for the money spent, there are newer, mayby better alternatives than 30- 40 year old technology. I have built many FE's and still run one. I'll admit though, I never built or ran a FE even close to 600-800 plus HP.
Nobody concerned with having the cutting edge of current technology would be even reading a forum dealing with 40-year-old trucks. So, your statements are superfluous, redundant, and trollish. And stop using apostrophes for plurals, Mr. Adult.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Riderman
Elder User
[QUOTE=draggin the line;10881936]

Nobody concerned with having the cutting edge of current technology would be even reading a forum dealing with 40-year-old trucks. So, your statements are superfluous, redundant, and trollish. And stop using apostrophes for plurals, Mr. Adult.
OK, I'll take that punch. Have you ever built or even ran a FE? Or do you troll to repeat knowledge gleaned here? I have done both sir, come to my house, I'll not only school you, I'll show you. Untill then shut your verbage crap and join the real world of tech's that can do, not "just speaka with skill the typed language"

I gatta ask, do you really believe your first sentance? Re-read it again and please get back with us.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
[quote=Riderman;10882067]

OK, I'll take that punch. Have you ever built or even ran a FE? Or do you troll to repeat knowledge gleaned here? I have done both sir, come to my house, I'll not only school you, I'll show you. Untill then shut your verbage crap and join the real world of tech's that can do, not "just speaka with skill the typed language"

I gatta ask, do you really believe your first sentance? Re-read it again and please get back with us.
If you were such an expert, you would be in the FE Forum, not here. And if you were in the FE Forum, you would be able to figure out who I was by my writing style, and that your attempt to school me about FE's would be a complete riot.

This place does have a track record for turning away pretty much all the regulars from there that attempt to help out over here. Small wonder, as this is chock full of idiots who think post count automatically gives them invincibility without taking into consideration what is actually being said. Your "adult" remark throws you into the same mire as Bear, who actually thought I was a teenager because I have a low post count. And yet, you think you're actually an asset. Well, maybe just the first syllable.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Riderman
Elder User
[QUOTE=draggin the line;10882207]

If you were such an expert, you would be in the FE Forum, not here. And if you were in the FE Forum, you would be able to figure out who I was by my writing style, and that your attempt to school me about FE's would be a complete riot.

This place does have a track record for turning away pretty much all the regulars from there that attempt to help out over here. Small wonder, as this is chock full of idiots who think post count automatically gives them invincibility without taking into consideration what is actually being said. Your "adult" remark throws you into the same mire as Bear, who actually thought I was a teenager because I have a low post count. And yet, you think you're actually an asset. Well, maybe just the first syllable.
Draggin, thank you sir. You just proved to all of us what an idiot you are. Look at your posts. I rest my case. As I stated earlier, come to Virginia Beach, I'll give you more directions as you get close. I really want to teach you this knowledge. Maybe you can teach me English.

Christ, another nut case idiot, sorry for the Hijack OP, Nuff said.

Riderman

Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mscheel
Hello all. Looking for a used alum intake for my 390. Edelbrock produced several different models, (Streetmaster,Performer,Performer RPM) and I know that some where better performers than others. There's also Weiand, Offy and probably some others I've forgotten here. My question is, has anyone seen any info on which ones were the more desireable, better flowing units and which ones were the dogs? Anyone have personal experience with any of these and were you happy with the results? Any light shed on this would be muchly appreciated.
Happy motoring!
I think the Edelbrock Performer with a Holley carb of up to 725 cfm or so would be a good set up for your truck. You are not a racer so it would be mostly for eye candy but, if you ever have to pull the iron manifold alone you will realize the major benefit of the aluminum intake. It's not the weight saving for performance or economy, it's best for saving your back. Ford recommended using a cherry picker for removal, that's how heavy it is. And then the installation and getting the end seals in place is a whole 'nother nightmare.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
[quote=Riderman;10882250]

Draggin, thank you sir. You just proved to all of us what an idiot you are. Look at your posts. I rest my case. As I stated earlier, come to Virginia Beach, I'll give you more directions as you get close. I really want to teach you this knowledge. Maybe you can teach me English.

Riderman
I have to run a +.030" 360 in a claimer class with a 6 liter limit. How can I get tight quench with OTS pistons for cheap?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=draggin the line;10882207]
Quote:

Riderman

I think I smell a TROLL, get back under the bridge!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
[quote=Moto Mel;10882383]
Quote:

Riderman

I think I smell a TROLL, get back under the bridge!!!
You and he are in the same town?

Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
[quote=draggin the line;10882370]

I have to run a +.030" 360 in a claimer class with a 6 liter limit. How can I get tight quench with OTS pistons for cheap?
No answer, Mr. Teacher? OK, let's try another one. There are two identical '68 Mustangs that weigh the same and compete in Stock Eliminator. One is in A/S and the other in B/S. What is the difference?

draggin' the line

Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM
DeepRoots
Posting Guru
oooh oooh I know... "A" comes before "B" so it must be faster.

what did I win mg?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
draggin the line
Junior User
Originally Posted by DeepRoots
oooh oooh I know... "A" comes before "B" so it must be faster.

what did I win mg?
You win the opportunity to tell me the distance in inches from the top of the intake port to the bottom surface of a C4-F casting.

Quick Reply: FE Aluminum Intake