Sponsored by:

Ohio truck meet, again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Ohio truck meet, again!

On Sunday August, 28th we plan on having another truck meet in Millersburg, Ohio. You may have seen our past meets 1, 2, 3 and 4. This one will be the same. We’ll get together and shoot the breeze about Ford trucks (and trucks in general), then we’ll drag a trailer up and down a 15%-17% grade hill and compare how the trucks did. It’s always a fun, educational, and sometimes piston melting, turbo breaking good time.

Post here if you are interested in coming. If you need hotel or camp ground recommendations let me know.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump......

Old 06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump.

Anyone whom wants to come just to BS is more than welcome. You certainly aren't required to tow.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Monster-4
Bump.

Anyone whom wants to come just to BS is more than welcome. You certainly aren't required to tow.

I just sent you reps for trying!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for posting this up in here...sorry that we couldn't make your meet and the next Excursion Diversion line up...sadly there is no Excursion Diversion this year...but I'm hopeful there will be one next year and I'm also hopeful the price of fuel will again return to where it is supposed to be too which will enhance the attendance at the next Excursion Diversion too!...we'll try and make the two meets line up next year!

To be honest...this year I'm not even de-winterizing my TT as we're doing other things for our family vacations this year...our TT is still safely tucked away in a barn out of the weather and sunshine with the pink stuff still in her veins!

I'm not 100% sure what my late August will bring...but I've put this on my calendar to see where I'm at and if I can make it...I cannot commit at this time (sorry)...but it is on my radar.

THANKS again for posting up in our forum to try and get some of the Ex guys over there!...hopefully someone will take you up on it because it sure looks like a blast and a great excuse to just BS about Ford Trucks!

Joe.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
beefcake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be racing that weekend, but sounds like fun!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I just sent you reps for trying!
Thanks for the rep!
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Mike,

Thanks for posting this up in here...sorry that we couldn't make your meet and the next Excursion Diversion line up...sadly there is no Excursion Diversion this year...but I'm hopeful there will be one next year and I'm also hopeful the price of fuel will again return to where it is supposed to be too which will enhance the attendance at the next Excursion Diversion too!...we'll try and make the two meets line up next year!

To be honest...this year I'm not even de-winterizing my TT as we're doing other things for our family vacations this year...our TT is still safely tucked away in a barn out of the weather and sunshine with the pink stuff still in her veins!

I'm not 100% sure what my late August will bring...but I've put this on my calendar to see where I'm at and if I can make it...I cannot commit at this time (sorry)...but it is on my radar.

THANKS again for posting up in our forum to try and get some of the Ex guys over there!...hopefully someone will take you up on it because it sure looks like a blast and a great excuse to just BS about Ford Trucks!

Joe.
Be great if you could make it Joe but I understand especially with fuel prices what they are.
Originally Posted by beefcake
I'll be racing that weekend, but sounds like fun!
It always is a good time. Just BS-ing with other Ford guys is half the fun.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump......

Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Mike,

Joe.
Was thinking today about the Excursion Diversion event. Sorry there wont be one this year.. Good idea about merging the events. I am going to try to make the aug meet n greet..

Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump...

For all those seeking accommodations below are my suggestions. Being a big tourist area because of the Amish there are lots of options.

Campgrounds: There are several already and another being built. Here are the three nicest ones I can think of that are currently in operation.

Scenic Hills: Located just east of Berlin near Hiland High School (the one of two high schools in the county).

Kandel’s Camping & RV Park: Located near Walnut Creek.

Whispering Hills: Located near Shreve. It’s the farthest away from “Amish Country” but still a nice campground from what I been told.

I would lean more towards Scenic Hills because of location but I never stayed at any of them so I am not sure which one is "better".

Hotels: Below are some of the nicer ones that I can think of but there are also a bunch of bed and breakfast to be found. Unfortunately August is one of the prime tourist month so rates are not going to be cheap.

Berlin Grande Hotel: It would be one of my recommendations especially if your bringing someone with you that wants to shop or visit the area. It’s located in Berlin so it’s close to all the tourism.

Comfort Suites: Also one of my recommendation is your are brining someone with you that wants to shop or visit the area. It is also located in Berlin.

Berlin Village Inn: This is a motel and it’s been there since I can remember as a kid. Not very fancy but it’s cheap and located in Berlin.

Carlisle Inn: Located in Walnut Creek it is probably the farthest away but a nice hotel.

Comfort Inn: Located in Millersburg.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump.

Here is an agenda for the day.
8:00AM: Rally at WalMart parking lot here.
8:30AM: Leave WalMart parking lot.
8:45AM: Convoy arrives at my house.
9:15AM to Noon: Hook up trucks and start pulling.
Noon: Lunch time! Provided by me.
1:30PM to 5:30PM Hook up more trucks and start pulling.
6:00PM: Meet at local restaurant called Bags in Millersburg.

I will need an official roll-call in this thread here.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Bump......

Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good luck to everyone this weekend Mike...

Turns out I'll be on a plane this Sunday headed to SoCal again.

Looking forward to the video's and final spreadsheet showing the results!

How many trucks do you think you will have this time and in what configurations? (meaning, 6.Ohs, 6.4's, 6.7, 6.8 and 7.3's)

Good luck and keep us informed on the weekend going's on!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Final bump. If you plan on coming or think you may be coming make sure to keep the roll call going in the thread below.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...eet-again.html

Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro

Quick Reply: Ohio truck meet, again!