6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Close the EPA, well OK with me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Close the EPA, well OK with me.

It's a little early for me to decide who I want to be president next but Michael Bachman ( I don't know if I spelled that right or not) reportedly said that if elected she would try to close down the EPA. Just imagine what the truck industry could do for our trucks with all the BS out of the way.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 AM
SUPERDUTY_08
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
It's a little early for me to decide who I want to be president next but Michael Bachman ( I don't know if I spelled that right or not) reportedly said that if elected she would try to close down the EPA. Just imagine what the truck industry could do for our trucks with all the BS out of the way.
i like the sound of that!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
free enterprise! That is what I am talking about. I take it you got the truck tuned now Stanley? What tune are you running? Still stock power just the delete?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
ab257z
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No EPA?

As a chemical engineer working in the industrial chemical industry for the past 35 years, believe me, you don't want the EPA, OSHA, or FDA to close.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
(its Michele Bachmann )

yeh, but she said it should be up to the states how to regulate emissions..
that should be real fun. we'll have 50 standards to design for..

"We do have EPA's in each of the 50 states and I think that it's up to the states," she said. "The states have the right to develop their own environmental protections and regulations, as they all have."

Sam

Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
JcF204
Senior User
Regulations from the EPA are one thing. But they have way too much power and do not focus their attentions in all the right places.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by JcF204
Regulations from the EPA are one thing. But they have way too much power and do not focus their attentions in all the right places.
well, if you don't have enough 'power', then nothing you do will be worth anything, ever.

and with over 300 million citizens, its unlikely anything you do will be met with 100% agreement.

do either of these mean you should NOT try to do SOMETHING? and if you DO try, then you will 'go too far' AND 'not far enough'

In many cases I do not like the impacts of organized changes/regulations on ME, but at the same time I am in favor of the need for direction.. (in the absence of further direction, people do what they do: look out for themselves, not for the group)..

And I hear all the complaints against government, but as was shown this weekend, its not the States' fault that the hurricane came thru.. and who ELSE can/will help? 10billion in damages..

you cannot NOT repair it.. even if your budget is legislated as balanced..

Sam

Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Sam, I'd love to have that discussion with you but that's way more politics than they will let me talk about on here.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM
pyro2nite
Senior User
Originally Posted by ab257z
As a chemical engineer working in the industrial chemical industry for the past 35 years, believe me, you don't want the EPA, OSHA, or FDA to close.
OK.............how about scale back their power. When a large percentage of cost on a project is spent before the first shovel of dirt is turned......

Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 AM
percyad
Junior User
Spend a couple days in Mexico City or Bangkok with the choking polution and exhaust fumes from millions of non-regulated vehicles. I suspect you'll think differently.

The air is so poluted and nasty you can barely walk outside. The water in the rivers is full of raw sewage. The streets are lined with litter.

Be careful what you wish for...you might get it.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 AM
JcF204
Senior User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
well, if you don't have enough 'power', then nothing you do will be worth anything, ever.

and with over 300 million citizens, its unlikely anything you do will be met with 100% agreement.

do either of these mean you should NOT try to do SOMETHING? and if you DO try, then you will 'go too far' AND 'not far enough'

In many cases I do not like the impacts of organized changes/regulations on ME, but at the same time I am in favor of the need for direction.. (in the absence of further direction, people do what they do: look out for themselves, not for the group)..

And I hear all the complaints against government, but as was shown this weekend, its not the States' fault that the hurricane came thru.. and who ELSE can/will help? 10billion in damages..

you cannot NOT repair it.. even if your budget is legislated as balanced..

Sam
I never said get rid of it, only to focus attention in the right places. Sheesh

Politics and special interest groups run this show, they get their way whether we need it or not. Money and time spent in the wrong places.

I am an outdoorsman and I love to go fishing, camping, boating or whatever. I also work in Oil and Gas, doesn't mean I want to spill crude all over the place in the name of production and profits.

Smart regulation is what I am getting at. Not the nonsense I see now.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

>only to focus attention in the right places

devil is in the details, always

Sam

Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 AM
pyro2nite
Senior User
Originally Posted by percyad
Spend a couple days in Mexico City or Bangkok with the choking polution and exhaust fumes from millions of non-regulated vehicles. I suspect you'll think differently.

The air is so polluted and nasty you can barely walk outside. The water in the rivers is full of raw sewage. The streets are lined with litter.

Be careful what you wish for...you might get it.
I don't believe people here are promoting an "all or nothing", just more common sense. Dirty rivers, choking air, no one wants. Shutting down a project and losing jobs for a giant garter snake helps no one, yet the EPA will do it in a heart beat.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
The annointed one that currently is office said he would close down Gitmo and end the war in iraq and afganistan.(To name a couple) You saw how that worked out. Hot air and empty promises, welcome to politics.

I am not a fan of the EPA or any other fed letter agencies myself but I will not go into why here.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
B HOOFED
Junior User
While it would be possible to eliminate federal environmental regulation and let the states do it, it would be a big mess. What happens in one state affects not only that state, but neighboring states. Imagine living downwind or downriver of a state that decided to relax its pollution laws to attract more industry. It makes more sense to regulate pollution at the national level for the good of the country as a whole.

A lot of politicians promise things they know will never come to fruition, just to appeal to a voters with a certain ideology. This morning I passed a septic system vac truck that had painted on the back of the tank "Full of Politicians' Promises".

We are lucky to have a political system with checks and balances that for the most part prevents extremism from taking hold. If the EPA gets too carried away with their regulations, it is the job of Congress or the Supreme Court to reign them in.

Quick Reply: Close the EPA, well OK with me.