Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

51 or 52 Panel, Should I have left it in the bush

Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
ImSoQuazy
Senior User
ImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to beholdImSoQuazy is a splendid one to behold
Welcome!
If you haven't figured this out yet... allow me to recommend you stack up on lots of bug spray / repellant, traps and anything else you can think of.
If I were you, I would not store this beauty in the garage as of yet. Your other half may not appreciate it much - assuming there is one around???
You are about to meet some of the most awesome people on this site - I'm fairly new here and speak from the heart!
Again, welcome.
Paul

Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Welcome. Another panel owner, that's very cool. Glad you joined us and shared the news. Have you decided on what direction your build will take you, is it going to be a stocker or do you have darkside tendencies?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
theGman
Posting Guru
theGman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey, you saved a PANEL! Much rarer than a pickup. This place is sort of like the SPCA...you try to save them all!

As a former panel owner, I dearly miss mine. Had to sell it because of the economy. I'll get another though!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
albertaphotog
New User
albertaphotog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I stumbled across this about 2 years ago when I was doing photographs of Rick's daughter and future son in law. Rick is the one pulling it out with the tractor. It was there 30 years ago when he bought the acreage. I told him I used to have a 53 Ford Panel about 25 years ago and he said I could have it if I wanted it. I finally picked it up 2 years later. As far as direction with it. I think I would like to keep it stock but I guess I'll see if what is in it will allow that.
It's a little overwhelming looking at it. Not sure where to begin other than trying to track down front fenders and misc parts. The worst part on it is behind the passenger back wheel. Not really sure how to tackle that. From what I've read it doesn't sound like there are patch panels available. I'm a novice when it comes to this as well, I've built and worked on motorcycles but this is a different ball game. I'm excited about the challenge though. I'm kind of in the research stage at this point. First order of business will be to just clean everything up to see where I'm really starting. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as I go. Thanks again.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Congratulations on the find

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; get the motor running if possible . Gonna take some body work but hey if its mechanically all there that's a bonus!

Welcome to the madness, lots of answers on this site; good luck.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 PM
DumbLuck
Senior User
DumbLuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
little spit, a coat of wax and you'll be in business <g> welcome to the jungle,,,,,,,

Old 08-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Ravenheart
Senior User
Ravenheart is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
She'll live.

Nice to see another panel being on its way to salvation. It just takes time and patience, I've had mine for over two years now and haven't made much progress but still not letting her go easily.

I haven't been here for long either, but I can tell you this is a great place to ask questions and feast your eyes on a little "truck ****" as some call it.

Welcome aboard!

Ed.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a spare air cleaner if you haven't got one.....nice truck...soon I'm sure..great score !!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
homade
Posting Guru
homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.
At least it's in one piece, took me three loads to get my F1 home. Welcome to the best little truck house in the world.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
gdub
Senior User
gdub has a very good reputation on FTE.gdub has a very good reputation on FTE.gdub has a very good reputation on FTE.
You've got a lot of fun ahead of you. There are no replacement panels available so it's a great way to learn body work and rust repair. Mine has a bad rear quarter too but I think I've figured out the most economical way to replace it.
Good luck on yours.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
SCRAPHEAP51
Senior User
SCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to behold
That is cool, you even still have the old flathead in it. And Welcome from another panel owner.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 PM
52 panel
Senior User
52 panel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a great project. My first 52 Panel was just about as rough. Ended up getting on the road, hauled my motorcycles in the back during my short racing career and ended up putting over 150,000 miles on it before trading it for another motorcycle. Good luck and enjoy the madness and the journey.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome & thanks for saving another one

Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM
52 panel
Senior User
Welcome to the club. Thanks for saving another one! My first 52 Panel back in 1968 was just a little better starting point than the one you saved. The end result was I drove it almost 150,000 mile (100,000 of those with a Ch--- engine) and ended up trading it in 1975 for a 750 cc motorcycle when it was ready for another restoration. Lots of work, lots of memories but totally worth it! Good luck!!!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 PM
52 panel
Senior User
Originally Posted by 52 panel View Post
Welcome to the club. Thanks for saving another one! My first 52 Panel back in 1968 was just a little better starting point than the one you saved. The end result was I drove it almost 150,000 mile (100,000 of those with a Ch--- engine) and ended up trading it in 1975 for a 750 cc motorcycle when it was ready for another restoration. Lots of work, lots of memories but totally worth it! Good luck!!!

Sorry for the second post. When I looked at the thread, I didn't see my post from last night so assumed I hadn't hit submit. Sorry guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 51 or 52 Panel, Should I have left it in the bush

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.