1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

post pic of your van

Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Harlan Hobbs
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile UPDATE TO PARAPLEGICS WAY TO WORK ON VAN!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Now thats some scarey ramp setup.
I loved the BFG Mud Terrain tires on my Jeep, would go up hills that were so steep the hitch hit the ground on my CJ5.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Cobra-Kai
Senior User
Pic from Yesterday:

Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM
OSHS
Senior User
Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 PM
OSHS
Senior User
Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,387 Likes on 1,098 Posts
Originally Posted by OSHS
A word of advice---obscure your license plate to better protect yourself. Do that before the photo is taken or edit it with any photo processing software.

Nice looking van BTW!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
A word of advice---obscure your license plate to better protect yourself. Do that before the photo is taken or edit it with any photo processing software.

Nice looking van BTW!
I'm just curious, but why are people concerned with hiding their license plate in pictures? It is in plain sight everywhere I drive and when sitting in my driveway. Anyone that wants it can just walk up and steal it or write the number down.

X2 on the good looking van part.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 AM
tgreening
Elder User
Originally Posted by phillips91
I'm just curious, but why are people concerned with hiding their license plate in pictures? It is in plain sight everywhere I drive and when sitting in my driveway. Anyone that wants it can just walk up and steal it or write the number down.

I think it's just one of those internet things that everybody "knows", but nobody really knows why.

I agree with you, and don't worry about it. My plate is in plane view everywhere I go, and has been since I started driving. I see no reason why any bad guy would have to troll around the internet and it's forums to snag a plate number from some unsuspecting sucker. All he'd have to do is walk out his front door and start writing stuff down.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
tgreening
Elder User
Originally Posted by OSHS

I'll bite. What the H E double hockey sticks is that?

Old 03-28-2014, 12:17 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
I have gotten where I say who cares about hiding the plate, everyone on the road sees it, but the one thing they "don't" see is whats inside.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Gettysburg150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its for protection of private property. If you start getting into what all you have done and installed in your vehicle, it becomes very easy for someone to identify it and take that which you have worked so hard for.

Crappy I know, but it can happen.

Very nice van, and I am also curious as to whats going on lol

Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner

Well I guess that line of reasoning also says post all your personal info all over the 'net---I mean what possibly could be wrong with that right?

Whether we want or do believe identity theft is real and/or rampant these days is one matter. For those not aware miscreants can and have been known to mine supposedly less revealing info in order to fleece the unsuspecting and unprepared.

Ignore my suggestion if that's your preference---it makes no difference to me in the end. It was meant as a suggestion only, not a topic for discussion as to why or why not it's a viable concern.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:08 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Originally Posted by JWA
Well I guess that line of reasoning also says post all your personal info all over the 'net---I mean what possibly could be wrong with that right?

Whether we want or do believe identity theft is real and/or rampant these days is one matter. For those not aware miscreants can and have been known to mine supposedly less revealing info in order to fleece the unsuspecting and unprepared.

Ignore my suggestion if that's your preference---it makes no difference to me in the end. It was meant as a suggestion only, not a topic for discussion as to why or why not it's a viable concern.
There is a big difference in posting personal info that has to do with my identity and something like a tag number. I don't drive around with my social security, drivers license and credit card numbers in plain sight and would not post those anywhere someone could use them to steal my identity. A tag is in plain site everywhere I go and anyone that wants to can walk up to it and write down the tag or vin and look in the windows to see what I have inside the truck. Not trying to start an argument or anything, I had just always been curious why people did that and figured I would ask

Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 PM
JWA
Fleet Owner
There is a big difference in posting personal info that has to do with my identity and something like a tag number. I don't drive around with my social security, drivers license and credit card numbers in plain sight and would not post those anywhere someone could use them to steal my identity. A tag is in plain site everywhere I go and anyone that wants to can walk up to it and write down the tag or vin and look in the windows to see what I have inside the truck. Not trying to start an argument or anything, I had just always been curious why people did that and figured I would ask
We're missing the larger point which is my suggestion to obscure the license plate number is nothing more than being prudent, wise and taking a small step to reduce the potential for misuse of information by those prone to do so.

Despite it not seeming to everyone as a concern there are those who appreciate the potential for said misuse. Perhaps to some it seems a far reach, their own reasons for suggesting its not a potential risk most likely would be those subject to someone taking advantage of information posted on the internet.

Call me paranoid or overly concerned with such things but no matter how much or often my suggestion is trivialized there's no real harm in obscuring the license number now is there?

Old 03-30-2014, 02:52 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Originally Posted by JWA
Call me paranoid or overly concerned with such things but no matter how much or often my suggestion is trivialized there's no real harm in obscuring the license number now is there?
I'm not saying you are paranoid or anything like that. And no, there is no harm in covering the plate number. I was just asking a serious question because I had seen lots of people cover their tag and I wanted to know why. Putting decals or your business name on a vehicle advertises that you have valuable tools and personal property and probably money. Putting stickers from products you install on your truck (bullydog, banks, etc) advertises that you probably have expesive toys like tuners inside. But people get all weirded out over someone knowing their tag number. Just an honest question and looking for answers.

And btw, my wife called me from the grocery store to tell me that Christie Brinkley was on the cover of a new magazine and she was picking it up for me because she knew i liked her. lol. Figured you might want to know since she was your avatar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: post pic of your van