Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Got to drive an F1 today for the first time!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
FlatHeadFat
New User
FlatHeadFat is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you guys are ******* the truck :P I'd rather buy a classic like that with a functional/ sound drivetrain and engine that might need a tune-up, versus one thats going to need a complete overhaul.

And who wants a shiny clean looking truck?! These are CLASSIC Fords boys, FUNctionality outweighs any paintjob. To me at least

Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jeff,

The goofy kid grin says it all in my mind! Thanks for giving me a call and inviting me to ride along (I say with sarcasm)...I'm only 30 minutes away you know. For your next test drive you need to take it out for a longer cruise... maybe to Bloomington.

Bring your RC plane down this Fall. I've got some wide open space for you to explore one of your many hobbies. Can't help you with the boat... sorry!

Rob

Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rojak View Post
Jeff,

The goofy kid grin says it all in my mind! Thanks for giving me a call and inviting me to ride along (I say with sarcasm)...I'm only 30 minutes away you know. For your next test drive you need to take it out for a longer cruise... maybe to Bloomington.

Bring your RC plane down this Fall. I've got some wide open space for you to explore one of your many hobbies. Can't help you with the boat... sorry!

Rob
Jeff was making sure it was OK before inviting you to take it out on another test drive. Although the dealer might not let both of you get in the truck at the same time. Two kids in a toy like that are bound for trouble.

Of course if you do get in together, just cruise on down to Central Missouri with it. I will provide dinner, cold drinks and a bed.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Postmaster
Jeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rojak View Post
Jeff,

Rob
Hey there Rob! I thought about calling ya! I don't have your number stored yet! There was a car show that evening and I wanted to take it, but decided not to ask...An open area is EXACTLY what I need to fly the plane, I flew it twice...one successful eh I need to get rid of it, to have a little money for the truck. I would like to stop by driving MY truck! but thats a ways off! Have a great day!
Anyone heard from HellfireJim?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Harrier... Great offer! I hope Jeff picks up the truck by Friday so we can cruise to Central MO. Hopefully he'll get rid of a few hobbies by then!

Jeff... I last heard from Jim the first part of this month.

Rob

Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
mclaughlinrp
Senior User
mclaughlinrp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jeff--

Don't get rid of the plane!!! I fly RC Pattern and own a small sailboat. I bought my '49 because I needed something to haul the other hobbies around with. What better excuse can you have for buying an overpriced old beater? It all becomes just one hobby when you think about it

Attached Images