Bored. So I took some pics. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Bored. So I took some pics.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
ChristopherN
Elder User
ChristopherN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Who did your paint job?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.
KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Bootlegger's Deluxe View Post
Thats a very tasteful truck, man. Makes me keep reconsidering the 92-96 front clip swap i have planned for my daily driver 87 ...
For me the clear corner lenses make a huge difference. I imagined amber lenses on that truck and it ruined it lol. For me anyway.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Posting Guru
Bootlegger's Deluxe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by KevinGnWV View Post
For me the clear corner lenses make a huge difference. I imagined amber lenses on that truck and it ruined it lol. For me anyway.
They do help ... i will agree. I've already picked out a color for my truck, it's the same shade of gray you can see on the member L. Ward's 94 F350 4 door he is just buttoning up. my trucks a reg cab longbox 2wd, with Lightning springs in the front and a "custom" 2" drop in the rear (i also added 3/4 ton leaves for added towing and hauling) it serves as daily driver for me all 12 months out of the year, although i usually park it in the summer months and do repairs while it's nice enough to drive the toy trucks. right now im still drawing up final plans for the bodywork, but ive settled on the dark gray color, swapping to 95 doors (for the smaller, sleeker mounted mirrors) and a gentle shaving of fender badges and such. I have most of the parts for the 92-96 front clip swap, but im on the fence on doing it. On one hand, it would match all the other trucks we have (pops and i have 8 other F series in the 92-96 range) but on the other hand, would the truck lose it's identity?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.
KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Bootlegger's Deluxe View Post
but on the other hand, would the truck lose it's identity?
Hmmm. Good question. I guess it depends on what the owner wants and likes. Generally, I don't care what everybody likes or dislikes, although if I'm undecided I'll ask opinions.

I really really dislike the 87-91 fronts. I had an 87 and was going to swap on a 92+ like you are planning. However that was so long ago, my only source of internet was something called WebTV lol. Ten years ago I think.

But like I said, with those new markers they actually look pretty darn good. They might not work with other colors though, IDK.

Man I'd like to see one with a black and silver two tone paint job with those clear lenses. That would look great IMO.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Posting Guru
for a visual, heres my "farm truck" ...

i know it looks a bit rough, but you sit 4 feet from a garage fire and see how you look!! lol

Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader
SideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputationSideWinder4.9l has a superb reputation
I'd recommend a nice layer of 5% tint...And the charcoal grey that the crown vic's came in....The darker color, not the lighter color the cops usually use that blends in with the pavement...

Old 08-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l View Post
I'd recommend a nice layer of 5% tint...And the charcoal grey that the crown vic's came in....The darker color, not the lighter color the cops usually use that blends in with the pavement...
X2 on this, but at least the silver thats used by police (least the ones here), can't remember a color code for it but Its kinda nice looking honestly...

Old 08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
hammerhead90
Elder User
hammerhead90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hammerhead90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Texas: I did notice the license plate lights. Tey're more angular that Ford's, but hey, it's a square truck

ChristopherN: Painted it myself

and going along with the front clip swap convo: I did consider swapping the front clip long ago. I'm glad I didn't. How often do you see nice bricknose trucks driving down the road? I see the 92-97s everywhere I go, and albet they dont have people come up complimenting them every time they stop for gas. My truck is unique.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:48 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
strokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud ofstrokin'_tatsch has much to be proud of
Like many people on here, I've never been a huge fan of the brick nose. That one on the other hand I absolutely LOVE. Nice work man and nice pictures.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.
Have you ever entered that truck in any car shows? I'd be curious as to how it would do against other trucks.

Around here in car and truck shows you rarely see a clean "stock" truck. They're either jacked up beyond practicality or slammed to the ground. Which a complete waste IMO. Lowered and leveled is fine, and usually look great when done tastefully but when the transmission mount is dragging the ground, that's a little much for me.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
hammerhead90
Elder User
hammerhead90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hammerhead90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haha it's hardly show worthy, I have thought about it, but the interior isn't on par with the exterior right now, nor is the engine compartment. One day it will be nice thru and thru. I just need the funds

Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hammerhead90 View Post
and albet they dont have people come up complimenting them every time they stop for gas. My truck is unique.
i get compliments with my 95 ... but in small farming towns in Iowa, a lowered 95 sticks out among the beat up 4x4's .... im still on the fence on it.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l View Post
pic of the color you're referring to??

Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Prettiest brickface i have ever seen, i would be proud to own it.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.
I love that 1st pic, good looking truck, missing my 87 I sold last month!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bored. So I took some pics.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.