Stop question for 4x2 f150: Brian??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 11:26 AM
yomamaha
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since there's no forum for brakes here, thought maybe i'd ask if anyone has an opinion for front disc brake upgrades for the little 4x2 v6 F-150. powerstop has cross-drilled discs available thru Summit for $100 each, but need to be pressed onto the stock hubs. Will Lightning brakes bolt right onto a std F1?? i drive in the Minneapolis area for work and have warped the sh.. out of my rotors and want better quality. thanks all!

Old 03-28-2003, 12:26 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help much on this one. I do know I have seen threads from time-to-time concerning brakes. I think in the Suspension forum and mybe the Aftermarket forum. I think Ultramagdan has upgraded his brakes and I seem to remember he knew something about the subject. I'll see if I can get him to throw in his 2 cents.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:32 PM
BlueOvalFitter
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Visit the BRAKES forum.

Old 03-28-2003, 11:30 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done some looking. Maybe this will help......
https://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/...D120/2098.html

Old 03-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com/

If you're tired of warped rotors. Give this company a shot. I brake late all the time and have used mine in less then friendly conditions, towing, wet conditions, etc. They just don't warp and the company gives great service.

Stainless steel brakelines are a popular upgrade for motorcycles since the stock lines age quickly and you can actually watch the lines swell when you pull the handle. They will not stop rotors from warping but might provide better pedal feel.

Old 04-02-2003, 01:32 PM
yomamaha
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks all for the replies! i can get cheapy $60 (ea.) rotor/hub ***'ys from China, $100 (ea.) powerstop rotors only, $380 ART rotors or ... I've talked with enough people suggesting that with my pads less than half gone, they produce too much heat and that's probably what done my rotors in. i will probably get cheapy rotors, good pads ($50 set) and "save money for diapers" instead of perf stuff as a friend suggested due to due date in july. the ss brake line and brakes thread was great to read, i printed the whole thing out to keep with me at all times! i will replace my pads more often than 80k+ miles (there's still some left, really!) thanks again!