Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Motor Oil for Fuel Lube

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 2002 Cummins for about a year before I bought the F450, the guy who bought it from me sells/ "disposes" of the mineral oil that they use in the power line transformers, it is light mineral oil and he runs it in all of his trucks.
He drove that truck from Az to Kansas and back with that truck with a poly bulk tank on the flatbed, yes he only averaged 12 mpg on the trip with the trailer he brought back, but when you get the oil for free, mileage suddenly doesn't matter nearly as much. He has a whole fleet of diesels running on the oil. I am thinking of getting a bulk tank and setting it up so i can get a load from him... Last I heard he was selling it for about $1 per gallon. The only thing that kind of scares me is that i can't really find much about people running mineral oil in their trucks.
Yes it is slightly illegal since it is not taxed but hey i think the govt gets more them enough of my money.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by hotroddsl
I have been using this product for years now! I get it at truck stops and some local filling stations, it is dispensed from a green nozzle......it's called DIESEL FUEL!
Jim...& fat Monty
Must be different since I get mine from a yellow nozzle. Yes, I haven't understood why folk keep trying to figure out all sorts of brews to save a little wear on their injectors and never calculate what the total cost of that savings is.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:20 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Nsaan
Yes it is slightly illegal since it is not taxed but hey i think the govt gets more them enough of my money.
There is no such thing as slightly illegal AFAIK. It is legal or illegal. If it is illegal, you are at the mercy of whomever is arresting you. Regardless of what you think the govt gets of your money, they will get much more if it is deemed illegal.

Not saying you cannot do it but just something you best be aware of. Running untaxed fuel, be it dyed or not, is a risk. You got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

FYI, I had a cop check me because I grabbed the wrong pump and stuck it in before catching myself and inserting the right pump. Soon as I got out, cop asked me what I put in and I showed him the receipt. He was stalking that pump waiting for a bust. Maybe he was an aberration but do you feel lucky EVERY time?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by aklim
Must be different since I get mine from a yellow nozzle. Yes, I haven't understood why folk keep trying to figure out all sorts of brews to save a little wear on their injectors and never calculate what the total cost of that savings is.
I'm with you...can't understand it, particularly given the fact that B2 or greater has been proven to be the best lubricant (if one wanted additional fuel lubrication). I drive for many trucking companies and not one...zero, nada, zilch... use any additives to raise lubricity and their tractors are typically going 150,000-200,000 miles a year. You would think the "lack of lubricity" in D2 would show up in their trucks, but they aren't. Could it be that D2 has all the lubricity needed ? Nah...