General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

How many of you have an ice-cream truck driving in your neighborhood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
OrangeJuice
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question How many of you have an ice-cream truck driving in your neighborhood?

The last couple of years I noticed my neighborhood has an ice-cream truck driving around playing the classic music. It's actually some guy driving a Ford Aerostar with a ton of ice-cream decals all over it. Last Sat when I was in my garage changing the oil in my car, he went flying through the neighborhood pretty fast...not sure what was going on, maybe he was running from some kids trying to car-jack him...haha. Oh well, it got the music out of there faster...lol. I don't really see ice-cream trucks around much anymore...do you?

OJ

Old 08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No ice-cream trucks around here. I've seen guys pushing ice-cream carts around here though.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Haven't seen one around here in years. Not sure why unless it's the constant barrage of new fees and licenses required to operate one.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have one. It plays 'The Entertainer.' It drives really slow. The song is stuck in my head for the rest of the day! Irritating (to say the least), but I guess everyone deserves to make a living.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
jsutton
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
We have a fleet of ice cream trucks that run around our area. They are all crappy, run down, bald tires, engine sounds like crap, painted red and yellow, 80's Chevy vans. And all they sell is Blue Bunny brand stuff.

They drive pretty fast through the neighborhood too, if you're not out by the road when he's coming you ain't getting anything. LOL

Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
grumpy hvacr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have one that doesn't play music, just a bell ringing (I really want to shoot the bell off the stupid truck).

Got stuck behind him once, he drives very very slow.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:27 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
We have ice cream Jeeps with bells ringing and a big freezer in the backs of them. Depending on what part of town you're in you'll either have a bikini topped hotties or some young guys driving them.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
Originally Posted by jsutton
We have a fleet of ice cream trucks that run around our area. They are all crappy, run down, bald tires, engine sounds like crap, painted red and yellow, 80's Chevy vans. And all they sell is Blue Bunny brand stuff.

They drive pretty fast through the neighborhood too, if you're not out by the road when he's coming you ain't getting anything. LOL

same here, except they go extremly slow, because of the 350 cid V6 engines in them.(V8's with 2 dead holes)

Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stu37d
We have one. It plays 'The Entertainer.' It drives really slow. The song is stuck in my head for the rest of the day! Irritating (to say the least), but I guess everyone deserves to make a living.
yea they do but I had one that would always drive through the parents area and nearly ran over a kid cus he was going too fast (i was suprised the old junker of a chebby van could go faster then 10MPH honestly) so I figured since the kid was someone I knew (and almost ran down my closest friend too which wasnt cool) I got evil and waited with spikes and a sign that read "warning excessive speed traps in use speeders will have flat tires" (thank god my friend is a police officer in traffic control) and we flattened the tires, I hate the vans just for those reasons, it was some punk kid not giving a rats but or some really odd creepy guy (and im not one to be creeped out much) but yea I hate the vans and any chance I get I neutralize the threat they pose....thankfully our appartment complex doesnt allow them in so im free from there annoyances...least around here most are older crepy guys who speed through the areas where kids are....ok time to end my rant....before i go find one to run down....and beat to death....

Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
having 3 unmarked crown vics parked on the street in front of houses makes sure NO ONE speeds on our street.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Saw one a while back driven by a guy who looked like a perv from "To catch a predator".............A search of his ice cream truck would most likely netted duct tape and sedatives.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Eatonpcat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
600 feet from the road... If there is one, I can't hear it!!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Bagbyknoter
Senior User
Have one come down my road ever other week or so. Whenever we hear the music everyone in the house simmultaneously yells "PEDO VAN" It's our little house joke.
come to think of it i have never got icecream from a van or truck in my life.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
punkandpissed138
Senior User
we have 2 in my general area, one is a beaten up late 80's looking astro van with what looks like a custom garage built super high top consisting of some foam filler, nails, and plywood. the other one is a cream/white 89 E-250 long mother ***R with a diesel engine haha, it has the side open butterfly doors and home made sliding plexiglass window on one side, has a 4inch lift im guessing at 33in. worn out mud tires haha, i know much about it because i almost bought it sept the price wasnt right for me. has 3 deep freeze coolers in it, and 2 generators. i still want it because its a badass looking van haha

Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
We have Ice Cream trucks around here but the politicians are forcing them out with laws about noise..

They started a crack down after one mother with an autistic child complained cause the noise disturbed the kid..

So now they are enforcing the law all over town not just in her neighborhood..

Ice cream truck driver having meltdown over $100 fine » Latest News » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

Quick Reply: How many of you have an ice-cream truck driving in your neighborhood?