Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Freestyle Rear Brake Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
lawnspecialties
More Turbo
Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts
Freestyle Rear Brake Replacement

The all too common problem with the Freestyle rear brakes. We have an '07 AWD and the dealer says the rotors can't be turned (too thin or something). They must be replaced.

If I go with the Ford parts, will it be more of the same? Or have they corrected this? I guess I'm trying to determine if I should research for aftermarket replacements.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM
BlueOvalDude
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lawnspecialties
The all too common problem with the Freestyle rear brakes. We have an '07 AWD and the dealer says the rotors can't be turned (too thin or something). They must be replaced.

If I go with the Ford parts, will it be more of the same? Or have they corrected this? I guess I'm trying to determine if I should research for aftermarket replacements.
lawnspecialties,

Ah, the perennial Freestyle rear brake issue. I can only provide my personal experience with the problem so take it with a grain of subjective salt.

I've done the rear brakes on two customer's cars during the last 6 months and have replaced them with OEM Freestyle brake rotors. Thus far, these customers have not complained about any of the common issues with the rotors. We'll see how they fare a few months down the line though..