6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis
Old 11-12-2014, 04:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Coolant System Guides
Print Wikipost

Radiators once again covered if you have a rad hose o-ring leaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM
1Bad08
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad 6.4 radiators

how do i prove to dealership that i dont have to pay 100 deductable

Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Bad08
how do i prove to dealership that i dont have to pay 100 deductable
right in the owners manual...also in the warranty guide as to what you have to pay.

Also you can call ford cust service.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
1Bad08
New User
thank you ! dealer informed me today that if thermostat is not the cause i will have to pay 125.00 for dia. no matter what this radiator is not my fault truck only has 4700 miles so i will be taking this up the latter as far as i have to go ! ford needs to own up we all pay big bucks for these diesel trucks recall them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
1Bad08
New User
radiators 08 6.4

Truck at dealer rep informs me radiator leaking ,yea i know thats why i took it to dealer to begin with radiator split . so he in forms me truck will not be covered cause there was no coolant on rad. hoses or signs of leaks at hoses if there was it would be covered. may i say my dealer has been great its not them making decesions. ford did not want to cover anything finally they covered 600 of job dealer kicked in 200 leave me to pay 533. yea great let me state again this truck has 4700 miles 251 eng. hrs hoses didnt cause it fine but what did can anyone tell me??? i didnt cause it so why should i pay for it this truck is babed like u cant believe i dont know what im going to do sell trade etc .. cause i dont want to go though this again and again ford needs to own up every case is different i could see if ihad 80,000 miles and beat it to death we pay big bucks for these trucks come on ford . it sucks cause i have probally have 20,000 in extras on truck and like i said love it till now!!! so what caused radiator to fail would love to hear imput and would really love for ford to tell me help? this site is great i must say thank you to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM
gatorfan78
New User
in need of a bad lower radiator hose...

All,

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I could use some assistance in this area. I have 72k on my 2010 6.4L. My lower hose went out late in 2012, I replaced the hose w the new one. I did this myself, and I believe I trashed the bad hose.

Well two or three days ago, I noticed the lower driver's side corner of the radiator leaking. After all the research on replacing the radiator, and seeing the positive stories of people getting their radiator replaced under the 5/100000 warranty, I called to have a talk to my dealership's diesel repair shop. We discussed the TSB and he was familiar with it. I mentioned I had already changed out the lower hose myself when it started leaking. He said that if I still have the bad hose, they can easily file the claim to Ford, but without the hose, it most likely wont be repaired under the 5/100 warranty.

So, does anyone out there have a BAD lower hose that they no longer need, and also shows the white residue from the leak? If so, please let me know your price.

Thank you in advance,
Ryan - rholloway@_gmail

Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
So, I guess they still haven't improved the design on the 6.7L trucks? Does anyone know if/when they started using the new double O-ring hoses at the factory?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Here's the TSB if anyone is looking for it:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/att...sb11-12-04.pdf

Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM
gatorfan78
New User
Anyone have a 6.4L bad coolant hose that they want to sell? I can get my radiator repaired under warranty if I have the hose that failed. However, I trashed the old one when I replaced the factory hose when it failed.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorfan78
Anyone have a 6.4L bad coolant hose that they want to sell? I can get my radiator repaired under warranty if I have the hose that failed. However, I trashed the old one when I replaced the factory hose when it failed.

Thanks,
Ryan
Gator fan your timing is lousy. I just had mine changed two weeks ago and could have gotten you one. I would suggest you list your need on the craigs list around FL or as far away as you are willing to pay shipping from. Somebody may see it and save you a bundle. Go DAWGS

Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
gatorfan78
New User
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Gator fan your timing is lousy. I just had mine changed two weeks ago and could have gotten you one. I would suggest you list your need on the craigs list around FL or as far away as you are willing to pay shipping from. Somebody may see it and save you a bundle. Go DAWGS
I am always a day late and a dollar short...

I will post up in CL, however I am in central Mississippi, not Florida. I know the sn is somewhat misleading, and trust me, I catch enough flak about being a Gator fan from Mississippi. :-)

The dealership here is understanding to my situation, but needs a bad hose to have for the Ford Warranty claim pics and whatnot. I knew when I tossed mine in the garbage that I would regret it later. Oh well, we live and we learn...

So, it appears the search continues. If anyone out there stumbles upon this thread, and has a bad radiator hose, from a 6.4L. Let me know, and i'll buy it for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Ryan
Go Gators!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Ouch, a gator fan in MS. My wife's from Eupora, we go over often. I'd lean on the dealer a bit, he could probably find one if he tried real hard or try a junkyard. Of course the junkyard will want $$$$$ for their's. Good luck

Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 AM
senix
Super Moderator
I've got an old upper..but you need the lower.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 AM
gatorfan78
New User
Originally Posted by senix
I've got an old upper..but you need the lower.
If it still has the white residue left from the leak, it should work fine. How much do you want for it shipped to 39047?

Thank you,
Ryan

Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 AM
gatorfan78
New User
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Ouch, a gator fan in MS. My wife's from Eupora, we go over often. I'd lean on the dealer a bit, he could probably find one if he tried real hard or try a junkyard. Of course the junkyard will want $$$$$ for their's. Good luck
I will call them and ask if they have any bad ones they can use for the claim, but I would think he would have mentioned it to me if that had such a hose. However, it doesnt hurt to ask again though, all he can say is "no". The diesel service writer is a laid back guy around my age and is very helpful and understanding, so hopefully it will get me somewhere. The radiator leak isnt bad yet, but im sure it will get worse.

Im not in a huge rush to get the radiator fixed, because my steering gear is quickly going out at 73k miles, so I am ordering a steering box this week or the next. It is priority #1 at the moment.

Thanks again everyone.
Ryan

Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gatorfan78
If it still has the white residue left from the leak, it should work fine. How much do you want for it shipped to 39047?

Thank you,
Ryan
Can't imagine it would be a whole lot if I ups it. Just let me know. I will have to retrieve it from the 5er.

I am wondering if I can fit it in one of the postal service flat rate boxes. That is like 10 bucks.

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Radiators once again covered if you have a rad hose o-ring leaking