1999 F250 Super Duty V10 Need help with Air bag controllers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:30 PM
PhireDog
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 F250 Super Duty V10 Need help with Air bag controllers

I need some help picking out a compressor / controller for my truck. I have a set of Firestone air bags for the back end part 2490 ( I liked the no drill part) I am towing a TT at about 8200 lbs with a large slide out on one side. Ok the question is do I need to inflate each bag separately or should I get the system that always inflates both sides the same? Any help would be great.
Thanks

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
I would opt for the dual controls myself. That way you can adjust for lopsided loads.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning PhireDog;

No one has more load control options than Air Lift Company. However, I would recommend a simple air control system that controlled both bags at the same time. Reason is that your TT applies a "centered load" on your truck... it weights both sides, left and right, equally. Controlling both sides is pretty important with a pickup camper, a motorhome, or if you are loading your truck unevenly.. like if you were a contractor and had heavy tool boxes and you kept your heaviest tools on one side. For you, Air Lift Load Controller Single part number 25850, is very simple to install and simple to use. If you like more technology, try WirelessONE p/n 25870... it gives you the ability to walk around your vehicle and operate the system remotely. Both of these products are new this year.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 PM
r2millers
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Airlift,
That's very cool that you jump in with good feedback. I know you want to sell product but getting involved like above, makes me want to look into your products before buying.
Thanks.