EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Anybody else experiencing any of these issues with your 2011 EB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else experiencing any of these issues with your 2011 EB?

Over the past week I have compiled a "laundry list" of things on my F150 (2011/Scab/4x4/EB)....I was just curious is anyone else is/has experienced any of the same with their truck?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> 1. MISS/STUTTER AT IDLE: This issue has been present since taking delivery of the vehicle. At first it was only present at a cold start. It now occurs whether the engine is cold of warm…in Park, Drive, and reverse. The tach needle flutters, the engine sound changes, and you can physically feel/see the truck intermittently shutter. (2<sup>ND</sup> TIME TRUCK HAS BEEN IN FOR THIS ISSUE)

2. VERY POOR MPG: The best MPG I have been able to achieve has been 16mpg on the highway…this occurred while driving on flat/level ground, at 64 mph in Alberta, Canada. The best I have been able to achieve “in town” has been 14mph….and that is while driving the truck as GENTLY as possible, and still keeping it moving forward. (SECOND TIME TRUCK HAS BEEN IN FOR THIS ISSUE)

NOTE: I have been keeping in contact with other EB owners…two have emailed me that their trucks exhibit the same symptoms (items #1 & #2). Both have had their vehicles in a number of times to the dealership…. although computer scans revealed nothing, looking closer into the issue revealed 2 bad injectors on each of the vehicles.

3. RADIO/CLIMATE CONTROLS/DISPAYS GOING “WACKY”: Speed was approx 45mph….the radio volume started slowly going up…to maximum. At the same time all indicators on the radio screen changed to what appeared to be dual climate control indicators, with two temp readouts, with the fan indicators on full, and the outside temp indicator read 00F. (I do not have dual climate control on my truck) None of the radio or climate controls would work. I pulled over, shut off the truck, restarted it, and everything was normal again…it has not happened again since.

4.CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHING 3X: On 5 July I was traveling at 35mph on the Northwest bypass, flat/level ground. The “Check Engine” indicator flashed three times then went out.

5. “BELL TONE” SOUNDING FOR NO REASON: On the return trip, in the same general area (approx 10 mins later), The “bell tone” (like opening the door with the key in the ignition) went off 3 times for what seemed like no reason. (doors were closed, my seatbelt was in place, with speed and terrain as described in #4)

I have to admit that if this truck is having things like this occur with a little over 2k miles on it....what can I expect when the truck gets 30 or 40K on it?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 PM
offshore1
Senior User
Mine is fine!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
1meanz
New User
I definately have numbers 1 & 2. Haven't brought it in yet. I haven't been able to top 14 MPG on the highway yet. I thought the truck was going to die a couple of times sitting at red lights.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
deltascrew
Senior User
I have nothing negative to say about mine. made a highway trip and got 17.5 mpg with only 500 miles on the odometer.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 PM
jimmyb08SD
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Only #1 for me, slight miss or shudder at idol but you can definitely feel it and see it on tach. Feels like an old carb motor with the idol set just a bit to low! As a matter of fact if you just barely touch the gas and bring the rpm's up a notch or two it smooths right out. Other wise all has been great.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 AM
mgoshert
New User
Information regarding your 2011 Ford F-150

I have some useful information for you. The 2011 Ford F-150 has 3 consumer complaints on file with NHTSA, 2 car recalls, and 15 safety bulletins.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 07-10-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Remove link
Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
richterscale
Freshman User
No problems with the eco at all--love the engine and have averaged 17.8 over the last 3500 miles. I do have an issue with the steering that I need to have resolved.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
truckerdude
Junior User
Originally Posted by mgoshert
I have some useful information for you. The 2011 Ford F-150 has 3 consumer complaints on file with NHTSA, 2 car recalls, and 15 safety bulletins.
Let's see, this is your first post and you are pushing this site. Why does it say that you have to "activate the safety state viewer". NO THANKS, I DON''T CARE TO GET SOME VIRUS FROM YOUR FREAKIN SITE.

To the OP. Mine has problem #1 and mpg is way better than yours but not as good as some of the guys that are getting 21mpg at 70mph on brand new trucks.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 07-10-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Remove link from quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
gixer311
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have #1 & #2...add to it that my air blowing out of the vents is ice cold when first started up...even though the a/c is not on(and outside temperature is around 80). I don't even use the a/c to see if my mpg will improve.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by truckerdude
Let's see, this is your first post and you are pushing this site. Why does it say that you have to "activate the safety state viewer". NO THANKS, I DON''T CARE TO GET SOME VIRUS FROM YOUR FREAKIN SITE.
My guess would be that since he/she is in Arizona and that's where the linked site is based, they've got some connection. Anyhoo.....the link is gone.

Carry on.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
jimmyb08SD
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by truckerdude

To the OP. Mine has problem #1 and mpg is way better than yours but not as good as some of the guys that are getting 21mpg at 70mph on brand new trucks.
I kid you not on my mileage, the trip from Fl to Pittsburgh, Pa I had 604 miles on the clock when I pulled out. I ran between 65 - 70 mph for 95% of the trip, averaged 22mpg. I am still consistently getting that on the highway. I will be making a trip from Ft. Pierce to Lakeland tomorrow, mostly 55 - 65 mph across SR 60, approx 2.5 hrs I will report my mileage when I get back. It's all in how you drive it!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
750 miles on mine and she's perfect. I'm in a state of bliss and I tend to over look small annoyances anyhow.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Skoiv
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only have 350 miles on mine and I got 23 mpg doing 65 on a flat highway. Love this motor. No stutter at start up either. I came from an 05 F350 6.0 and you couldn't give that truck back to me!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:35 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
I'm still waiting for an appointment to get my truck into the dealership. Seems they are short handed on Techs. I was in there this morning, and the service manager asked me to email him the list of issue (the ones I posted in this thread). So, it looks like it will be at least another week before I can get my truck in.

One of the folks at the dealership made the statement today "I'll bet your poor gas mileage is because of those big tires you put on it." I did put different tires on, but the stocks were 265/60R18, and I went with 275/70R18s....I simply refuse to believe that a tire size change that minor, would impact fuel economy so much. Anyway, I'll see what they come up with, and report back.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
I'm still waiting for an appointment to get my truck into the dealership. Seems they are short handed on Techs. I was in there this morning, and the service manager asked me to email him the list of issue (the ones I posted in this thread). So, it looks like it will be at least another week before I can get my truck in.

One of the folks at the dealership made the statement today "I'll bet your poor gas mileage is because of those big tires you put on it." I did put different tires on, but the stocks were 265/60R18, and I went with 275/70R18s....I simply refuse to believe that a tire size change that minor, would impact fuel economy so much. Anyway, I'll see what they come up with, and report back.
Mine has the 235/75R17 and my Expy has the 265/70R/17. I'm going with the same size as my Expy when the time comes. These bologna skins that Ford mounted on this truck are pathetic. Hancook Dynapro.

Quick Reply: Anybody else experiencing any of these issues with your 2011 EB?