1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts

nothing to see here

Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
r_reed
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ross (albuq f1)

Old 01-07-2012, 04:24 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CharlieLed

Old 01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All the guys on that list are really helpful and always have a great attitude. I am proud to be on the list with those guys who have also helped me many times. Your "thanks" is a class act.

My vote is for 52 Merc!

Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great help and good laughs. I haven't been active long, but I would vote for all the ones you listed plus Gigger, Sdetweil, Jeff and Nicolle, and Ben73058. Thanks to all.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
It's nice to be appreciated, but there are so many who should be recognized....

There are guys I've never helped because it was taken care of by others and they've developed friendships that continue for years.

That is the value of this group. Everybody seems to have their area of expertise and nobody knows it all. I learn something everytime I log on.... so thanks to all of you who keep old Ford trucks alive!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,840 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Ok, here's 5 quick names from the top of my head;

jniolon
Randy Jack
bobj49f2
mtflat
albuq f1 (Ross)

Old 01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, I'm very flattered to be on your list but I'm not sure how much technical assistance I am overall, I like to help wherever I can and it feels good to be appreciated, (thank you) but I am still a novice when it comes to these trucks and mechanics (and pretty much everything else in between)

I am slowly learning hands on and learning from my many mistakes but most of what I have learned and appreciate was from every one of YOU my FTE Family, Everyone here has something to add to the wealth of knowledge, whether lending a hand, finding a part, or sometimes just lending an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on this place is great.

I remember when I was fairly new here looking for answers "49Willard" sent me the front engine mounts I was missing for my 51 F1 for free! he had held onto parts he longer needed for who knows how long just so he could give them to someone years later...

So many others that it would be impossible to list, even some I don't think have posted in quite some time. and yes even some controversial poster/posters to remained unnamed as those who know already know.

just a few others off the top of my head in no particular order

Havi
52 Merc
Truckdog (probably regretting that I have his phone # by now, always txting him )
51 PanelMan
Alubq f1
Bobj49f2
Mtflat
Blue Oval Rage
Frank Cowan (for great use ideas of old WM's "firepit")
Tinman
HarleyMSN (for my inspiration to complete my F6)

a

Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
That's hard to do as there are so many great people on here. I think that everyone adds to this site.... And that is what makes it great.... But this is a nice idea you've come up with.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,397 Posts
All I can say is I'm incredibly humbled to be on so many people's list. Since we're getting all mushy here, I'd like to thank Ross (albuq) and Tim (mtflat) for sharing their flathead knowledge and support. Without them, I'd probably be planning a 302 swap in the Merc instead of putting a flattie back in, just because that's what I know. I've learned a ton of stuff from Truckdog Stu, stuff I didn't even know I needed to know, and a special thanks for my personal photo help from "Photoshop" Bob J. Last but not least, everyone here that's helped clean out my garage by buying some of my old truck parts, especially Josh who stepped up with his fender presale. But really, everyone here is pretty awesome!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
I think it a good idea. Kind of kin to the random acts of kindness thread.
There are so many helpful people here, I doubt you would be able to get a vote here for an overall favorite. The knowledge base is so broad that different people help in different ways and for different folk.

Shoot I'm grateful for people that ask questions that I can answer. It makes me feel good to think I actually know something.

I would suggest you pick the person you want to bless with it. If you can't decided put their names in a hat and draw.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Like Merc and others, I am humbled and honored to be on anyone's list. It is nice to know that people notice you, even for a short time, altho I don't answer questions to get attention.

I was a newbie here too, and you all came to my aid when I needed it. Its so easy to join in any conversation here (unlike so many other places on the net), but the really cool thing is watching new users join in the sharing. We should all be very proud of the environment we created here, that supports this kind of support and openness.

I would like ask for my name to be removed from the list for a sign however, cause my wife had two made for my son and me this holiday as a tease, one for each of my buildings.. so we each have our own 'shop'..
you KNOW what trouble u get into when u compete with a spouse's gift!

Sam

Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 AM
maverickman514
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all of the above listed folks are great resources here. I hope they realize how much they have helped the old truck hobby.

I do, however, see one very knowlegable name missing... NumberDummy.
he always seems to have the answers, and is so active on this entire forum (seems like he knows every OEM part number and its application)

There are many others, I am sure, that have yet to be named.

THANK YOU ALL!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 AM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Iwanaflattie,
Pick someone you think would really appreciate it off of your list there & make them a great sign - I think it's a good idea. Your list by the way is a good one. I have learned a ton on here from members from all over the U.S. - even "he/she who shall not be named" Julie on electrical gremlins.

It's a nice inviting place. I really appreciate all the help.

Ben in Austin

Quick Reply: ..........................