6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New truck, antifreeze leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM
sanchezp_09
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
If the core is good, I wonder if a good radiator shop can build and weld on custom aluminum tanks in place of the plastic ones. Even if the price ended up being as much as a new unit from Ford, I would pay for the peace of mind knowing that the plastic was replaced by welded aluminum.
I have the ESP its just 100$ for a new radiator (1900$ parts and labor).
EO2.. NMCB? Im with 14.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by sanchezp_09
I have the ESP its just 100$ for a new radiator (1900$ parts and labor).
EO2.. NMCB? Im with 14.
I too have ESP, but there are a lot of guys out there that have to cough up the cash to get this fixed. The apparent lack of an aftermarket solution so far has me wondering about modifying the existing one to make them better.

I was with NMCB 24. Spent 5 months in the sandbox in '90-'91.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
runtowin
New User
Angry 2012 F-250 radiator leak

My truck is having the same issue with the radiator leaking on the driving side right off the plastic tank. I'm 3000 miles over warranty with no ESP plan (I am purchasing ESP plan in the morning). Apparently Ford needs to post a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on these radiators. I've had TWO dealerships tell me this problem is a very common problem!! One dealership told it was going to be $1700 & the other dealership, at first, said it would be $1500 but would call Ford to see if they could get some financial help! The dealership called back and said it would be only $900, basically cutting out the labor charge!! Ford has the parts market cornered because no aftermarket parts available yet!! Well, after reading on the radiator topic on this forum page and a few others forum pages and by the word of two different dealers that's its a common problem, I believe the radiator manufacturer need to re-evaluate their product or Ford need to change to a different radiator that can hold up!! I did call Ford Customer Service and filed basically like a product grievance. The Ford Rep said he has put the case in as replace at no charge. I guess I will see how they handle this!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
sanchezp_09
New User
Originally Posted by runtowin
My truck is having the same issue with the radiator leaking on the driving side right off the plastic tank. I'm 3000 miles over warranty with no ESP plan (I am purchasing ESP plan in the morning). Apparently Ford needs to post a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on these radiators. I've had TWO dealerships tell me this problem is a very common problem!! One dealership told it was going to be $1700 & the other dealership, at first, said it would be $1500 but would call Ford to see if they could get some financial help! The dealership called back and said it would be only $900, basically cutting out the labor charge!! Ford has the parts market cornered because no aftermarket parts available yet!! Well, after reading on the radiator topic on this forum page and a few others forum pages and by the word of two different dealers that's its a common problem, I believe the radiator manufacturer need to re-evaluate their product or Ford need to change to a different radiator that can hold up!! I did call Ford Customer Service and filed basically like a product grievance. The Ford Rep said he has put the case in as replace at no charge. I guess I will see how they handle this!
sorry to hear that.. yeah they quoted me right over 1900$ parts and labor till they found out i had ESP.. but the truck has been sitting at the dealer since Thursday waiting on parts. Good luck on this . and Hope they do change this to a cost free change just like they did the plastic oil pans..

Old 02-25-2014, 08:41 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by runtowin
...I guess I will see how they handle this!
Keep me posted, runtowin. If you'd like me to step in and help, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll check things out and see how I can assist.

Crystal

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Smokeispower
Senior User
I too thought I had the dreaded radiator leak. Coolant on the steering damper and center tie rod, passenger side. Turns out after a pressure test that it's one of the hoses at the water pump. Tech at the dealer says he sees more of them leak when cold (it's been COLD here) than when warmer. Anyway, secondary cooling system, and not enough leaked out to put the level below min, guess I was lucky to see it.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
KINGRANCHJM
New User
2012 ford f250 radiator leak

Originally Posted by FordService
Let me know what you hear from the dealership, apd966. Give me a shout via PM and I'll do what I can to assist; please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.

Crystal
fgfgasdfasdfasdf

Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
KINGRANCHJM
New User

asdfasdfasd

Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
KINGRANCHJM
New User

Keep me posted, runtowin. If you'd like me to step in and help, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll check things out and see how I can assist.

Crystal
fadfasdfdfasdfasd

Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by KINGRANCHJM
...Please contact me ASAP
Hi Jacob,

I don't have the ability to make or receive calls; I suggest sending me a private message (PM) with your information. Additionally, I recommend editing your public post to remove your personal details. If you'd prefer to speak with someone directly, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal

Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM
KINGRANCHJM
New User
Hi Jacob,

I don't have the ability to make or receive calls; I suggest sending me a private message (PM) with your information. Additionally, I recommend editing your public post to remove your personal details. If you'd prefer to speak with someone directly, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal
hi crystal

ive been trying to send you a pm and i cannot find where to send it at ive looked pretty much everywhere and cannot locate it...i just took my truck to the dealership and dropped it off this morning to get the radiator fixed on it and they told me they trucks like this come in every week to get it replaced

Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM
KINGRANCHJM
New User
hi crystal

ive been trying to send you a pm and i cannot find where to send it at ive looked pretty much everywhere and cannot locate it...i just took my truck to the dealership and dropped it off this morning to get the radiator fixed on it and they told me they trucks like this come in every week to get it replaced
crystal

just found out that i cannot send you a PM because i havent been a member for more then 10 days....is there any other solution for you to helping me out?

thank you

Old 03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Call customer relationship center. 1-800-392-3673

Old 03-26-2014, 02:25 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
crystal

just found out that i cannot send you a PM because i havent been a member for more then 10 days....is there any other solution for you to helping me out?

thank you
Hi KINGRANCHJM,

As Hdslider mentioned, your best bet will be to contact the Customer Relationship Center for assistance. They can offer the same help that I can. Give them a call at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal

Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM
runtowin
New User
Radiator Leak

I called Ford Customer Service. They put in a service complaint and the very next morning the area service manager called me. He told me they pay for half of the replacement cost. It ended costing me $750 and the new radiator has a 2 yr warranty. I have since purchased the Extended Service Plan.

Quick Reply: New truck, antifreeze leak