Pictorial

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 12:56 AM
1956bigwindow
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictorial

This is my first time on the user gallery. Boy I thought I was getting good with computers until I tried to upload my photos of my truck in my gallery. I know it was not the size of my pictures but the good news I did it.

My question is how do you get your photo in pictorial? Is this an invite only thing? I have not seen anywhere on this site that mentions the pictorial or maybe I missed something. This is a great idea, you can go to the year of the ford truck you want to view. The pictorial would be a real cool way to post the galleries. You pick the year and boom you can choose from there what galleries you want to view (just a thought).

Anyway back to my question does anybody know how to get a photo into the pictorial?

I love the 1953-1956 f-100 trucks and there are only 13 1956 trucks on the pictorial (yes I own a 1956). I know there are a lot more 56 fords out there. I would love to see them all and yes I would like to show off my truck.

Thanks in advance and this is a great site!
Big time old ford lover!
Joe

Old 03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Pictorial

The short answer:

The self-maintained user gallery was created to replace the webmaster maintained "pictorial"gallery.

If you want the long version,I'll have to get back to you.

Old 03-25-2003, 04:22 PM
1956bigwindow
Junior User
Pictorial

Hello Dennis:

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am still a little confused. Is the pictorial an old system for placing photos of trucks up on the site and the gallery is the only place for photos of your ford truck. I am more curious then anything, it's like detective work. From looking at the pictorial it appears the webmaster uploaded the photos to the pictorial not the truck owner.

If you have time it would be nice to get the long version if it is not too much to ask.

Nice web page, by the way I was visitor 1815.

Thanks for your help!

Like I said before the pictorial is a great idea and would love to see more trucks in there! I love to see all the different things people do to their trucks, color, stock or custom, types of rims and trim, you get idea.

Joe

Old 03-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Pictorial

The old Photo gallery (pictorial) was constantly maintained and added to solely by the webmaster.
This was a tremendous load for Ken because he was getting asked an over-whelming amount "Can I have picture of my truck on there too?"

This made Ken re-think this pictorial and create the user gallery so that the user can look after it himself.

It is my responsiblity to make sure that people abide by the user gallery posting guidelines by managing it.

I'm sure you are just as thankful for this User gallery idea as Ken is for creating it ?

Now.....Back to out regularly scheduled program.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:49 AM
1956bigwindow
Junior User
Pictorial

Thanks so much for the feed back. I understand and I hope I did not waste too much of your time.

You guys are doing a great job like I said before this is a great site. Please keep up the good work and we will keep supporting you just as we all should support our troops and may they all come safe.

Joe