Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

buzzing bee sound from dash at higher speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 PM
rickfar
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buzzing bee sound from dash at higher speeds

ok this has me stumped I get this buzzing/humming/vibration sound from what seems like around Defroster passenger side but it is not all the time only at higher speeds and it it intermittent . I have removed cabin filter and cleaned filter box and checked for a leaf or something even sealed somewhat the plastic shield that covers the cabin filter. Has anyone else got this problem ? I really don't want to rip dash apart but it is so annoying

Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 PM
damon111
New User
Same Problem!

I am having the same exact problem. Started yesterday while on the interstate. Would rattle (the bee hive analogy is perfect... but really big bees) like crazy at 55mph or above. If I got behind an 18 wheeler while on the interstate it would stop. So it has to be something that has gotten loose and is rattling when the wind hits it?!? Maybe not, but that's what it seems like. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM
rickfar
Senior User
wow finally a reply and it was seeming to me that it is a air migration somewhere as I did have my windshield replaced a couple of yrs ago but it is hard to tell if it is coming from the edge area. I know it is frustrating but im still stumped. Cant tell if it is defroster vents or some other area.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 AM
goingnorth
Junior User
When I had my windshield replaced the trim around the windshield made noise, I siliconed it down and it stopped.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
EXGMC
New User
Glasses holder

We had a buzzing noise,to me it was on the passenger side dash,to my wife it was drivers side.Turned out to be a pair of glasses in the holder up near the mirror.Drove us crazy 'till we found it.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
4banger94
Freshman User
Simple for my '09

Drove me nuts for a couple of days since it sounded like something loose in the center stack. After I snapped the visor in its clip all was silent again. Sometimes it's the simple things.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM
kodiakcane
New User
F250 buzzing at high speed

I am new to this forum, but did anyone actually identify the resolution to this issue. I have a 2011 F250 and I have this buzzing issue intermittently only above 55mph on interstates; generally more consistent during windy conditions. Never happens below 55mph.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:10 PM
dstroyed
New User
Originally Posted by kodiakcane
I am new to this forum, but did anyone actually identify the resolution to this issue. I have a 2011 F250 and I have this buzzing issue intermittently only above 55mph on interstates; generally more consistent during windy conditions. Never happens below 55mph.
Same here. Anyone know the answer??

Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 AM
rickfar
Senior User
Originally Posted by dstroyed
Same here. Anyone know the answer??
wow guess we are the only ones that have that problem I'm leaning towards the area where plastic cowl meets metal under hood where those plastic screw connectors are. as if you have taken it apart to change cabin filter etc. as it seems they use some sort of tape there and I'm thinking it is a wind thing kind of making that piece flap or vibrate but im still trying to pin it down myself so any other suggestions would be helpful....................

Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Osideboy
New User
Unhappy buzzing noise

I have the same problem with my 06 Escape, but don't know what it is. If anyone finds out what it is please let me know.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
critterf1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen the antenna make weird "buzzing" noises.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 AM
rickfar
Senior User
Originally Posted by critterf1
I've seen the antenna make weird "buzzing" noises.
this is a noise that is coming from passenger compartment and it is dependent of speed and if you have open air in front of you as if you are behind a semi and are riding his bumper no noise .plus you really have to be going over 55 for my gremlin noise to appear...............

Old 05-17-2012, 09:15 AM
tomw
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Get out the duct tape, and tape down all the trim around the windshield. Test for noise. If it's gone, figure out which piece of trim is loose, and tighten it down.
If that doesn't do it, tape down the grille/screen over the fresh air intake under the hood at the base of the windshield.
If that doesn't correct, try changing the settings of the HVAC system. Vent, max cool, panel, floor, etc to determine if something internal is getting shaken by the air flow.
If that doesn't do it, do a visual inspection of the plenum, or remove the blower motor and see if there is detritus,{leaves, etc} blowing around in there.
tom

Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 PM
wsmith5
New User
don't have the answer but it happened to me when I put in a cabin filter , my truck didn't come with one and the buzzing noise started after that, the filter wouldn't fit properly ( too thick) so I'm thinking its either the filter or the trim I took off and then on again that's the culprit, I haven't fixed it because its the wife's car ( sorry honey)...........cheers

Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Lunker Jeff
New User
Originally Posted by kodiakcane
Got the same issue in my 2011 f250. Around 55ish, starts up and the faster I go, the worse it gets. Definitely a wind/air issue due to it going away behind semi's and as I pass it gets louder. Been doing some research and so far no solutions. Mine started around 25k miles. Would love to know the fix...going deaf trying to drown it out with the radio!

Quick Reply: buzzing bee sound from dash at higher speeds